Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Well then the definition of "extra turn" would need to be changed.

I agree they shouldn't count to remove ghost.. but they do
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamuz24z View Post
    A few more tabs will help with the time consuming with all the team combinations 3 tabs are not enough I use 5 different teams so adding a few will be perfect good suggestion
    I agree Kamuz!
    Jomsvikings/thanos-2148

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    good call, not sure if that's intended...3 turns should mean 3 turns regardless of the number of actions for me...
    Well that’s yet another flaw in the base mechanics of the game, which should have been addressed AT LEAST by the time arena was introduced.

Basically there should exist 2 separate terms: 1. a “round”-the time when all characters of the player whose round it is can act. this would apply to skills which should last for a whole ROUND, no matter how many actions that character takes in that given round (fe: Ghost, def up, ascension,...)

2. a “turn” -every action a character takes/uses a skill. those could be acquired by specific skills (first blood,echo,etc.)
    Those would apply to skills and buffs like counter attack, trap,echo,etc.

As simple as that! but i don’t think that this developer team has the capabilities to reprogram sucha complex code without messing the game completely up with a ton of bugs...

OS
    iOS
    AOF extra round now triggers when the first kill happens on the AOF team‘s „defense“ turn, e.g. if the first kills happens on a revenge attack. Do not know if this is intended, but the extra round becomes completly useless in these cases.
    natasar-7294 – playing all troopers daily

Thanks for the bug reports and suggestions for Auto-Replay everyone. I'm noting things down to review when back in the office next week.

and aof doesn't trigger if a char gets ghost status, this should be wrong if we want to follow spartons argument: "a char has to die first, before he can become a ghost"
    This is again working as expected.

You don't die to become a Ghost. Ghost prevents death and grants that special positive effect at the time it prevents death. Since it prevents death, no death happened, so no First Blood trigger.

It's similar to Endure, in that Endure doesn't bring you back with 1 HP when it's stopping lethal damage, it's preventing the dying from happening (which is also something that didn't work properly under the previously bugged First Blood logic, but now processes correctly in that First Blood won't trigger when bringing an Enduring character to 1 HP).

Which yes, I suppose is a bit odd considering the effect is called "Ghost", and that implies dying, but as far as our mechanics are concerned, we don't treat it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I did that at first . . . then I noticed if she's "ghosted" and her extra turns fire.. they count to remove ghost (3 turns). So she can effectively kill herself while in ghost mode.
    good call, not sure if that's intended...3 turns should mean 3 turns regardless of the number of actions for me...
    This is technically working as intended, but it's something I've been discussing with Kaz and our combat programmer to see if we could change, as it is something that causes a bit of confusion.

Ghost is flagged as an Agent Action status effect. This means that it will have it's duration count down when that agent (aka character) does an action. Typically, this is reserved for offense-based status effects (Attack Up/Down, Echo, Accuracy Up/Down, etc). This contrasts with Team-Based status effects, which will count down when the appropriate team has taken it's full turn, and are typically reserved for defense-based status effects (Defense Up/Down, Vanish, Immunity, etc). While it seems a bit counter-intuitive, Ghost is flagged as Agent Action due to one or more bugs that occurred only if Ghost was flagged as Team-Based for it's duration.

However, this does cause confusion and isn't as intuitive as one would think (and also does occasionally cause other problems), which is why it's one of those things I've been wanting to see if we can investigate to change it back to Team-Based and to fix the other problems that existed with it. That said, I'm not totally certain what those other bugs were, which is why it's stayed the duration type that it has. Going down that rabbit hole and maybe seeing it's more effort than it's worth to fix usually doesn't contrast well compared to fixing things like the First Blood logic.

(This is basically what Mizrael is talking about in terms of "turns" and "rounds", it's just that we don't communicate that distinction clearly in-game. It's something we're considering revising based on other clarity initiatives we're looking at, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by natasar View Post
    AOF extra round now triggers when the first kill happens on the AOF team‘s „defense“ turn, e.g. if the first kills happens on a revenge attack. Do not know if this is intended, but the extra round becomes completly useless in these cases.
    This is expected, as First Blood should only trigger if you get the first kill. If you get said kill at a time where you can't meaningfully use the extra turns (which is the case if you get a kill with a Revenge or Counter), then the effect is wasted. It's not called "First Blood, or Situationally Second Blood"!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    Well that’s yet another flaw in the base mechanics of the game, which should have been addressed AT LEAST by the time arena was introduced.

Basically there should exist 2 separate terms: 1. a “round”-the time when all characters of the player whose round it is can act. this would apply to skills which should last for a whole ROUND, no matter how many actions that character takes in that given round (fe: Ghost, def up, ascension,...)

2. a “turn” -every action a character takes/uses a skill. those could be acquired by specific skills (first blood,echo,etc.)
    Those would apply to skills and buffs like counter attack, trap,echo,etc.

As simple as that! but i don’t think that this developer team has the capabilities to reprogram sucha complex code without messing the game completely up with a ton of bugs...
    yeah absolutely right, the wording could be much better, would make much more sense that way.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post

This is again working as expected.

You don't die to become a Ghost. Ghost prevents death and grants that special positive effect at the time it prevents death. Since it prevents death, no death happened, so no First Blood trigger.
    !
    damn man, you are owning me recently time to quit as it seems

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post

Ghost is flagged as an Agent Action status effect. This means that it will have it's duration count down when that agent (aka character) does an action. Typically, this is reserved for offense-based status effects (Attack Up/Down, Echo, Accuracy Up/Down, etc). This contrasts with Team-Based status effects, which will count down when the appropriate team has taken it's full turn, and are typically reserved for defense-based status effects (Defense Up/Down, Vanish, Immunity, etc). While it seems a bit counter-intuitive, Ghost is flagged as Agent Action due to one or more bugs that occurred only if Ghost was flagged as Team-Based for it's duration.

However, this does cause confusion and isn't as intuitive as one would think (and also does occasionally cause other problems), which is why it's one of those things I've been wanting to see if we can investigate to change it back to Team-Based and to fix the other problems that existed with it. That said, I'm not totally certain what those other bugs were, which is why it's stayed the duration type that it has. Going down that rabbit hole and maybe seeing it's more effort than it's worth to fix usually doesn't contrast well compared to fixing things like the First Blood logic.!

Interesting.... I appreciate the insight. I would agree that "round" and "turn" effectively seem like the same thing from the user point of view. But I can see that there is a technical difference.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    At least she cannot be equipped with Echo Talis. If you manage to get Echo on her any other way, it might get nasty.
    You can echo her with SSE/CPD.thankfully no one I have seen has done that yet.

The shield reflection problem is still not solwed. just saw an opponents Ben Elf taunt his own Pharaoh Eddie with his snow shield which resulted in PE jumping sideways and slapping the life out of poor Ben...(9:15 CET+1 opponent “christian”. my team had voids shield up)

EDIT: 3 battles later opponents AoF took 3 extra turns with no buffs on and everyone standing with no scratches on them. (9:26 CET+1 opponent “KUNGEN”)...
    Last edited by Mizrael; 04-09-2018 at 07:28 AM.