OS
    iOS

The value of a skill shard....

Why do Skill Shards cost 2,000,000 gold in the store but are only worth 1,000 gold when selling them???

Should not the sale of a Skill Shard ALSO be worth 2,000,000 gold?
    Either that or the price in the store dropped to 1,000 gold.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    My only real beef with skill shards is how limited they are. A long time ago it was fine because we weren't expected to have so many different teams for different areas. These days you need regular grinding teams, BNW teams, and multiple PVP teams. There just aren't enough skill shards available to go around unless you have been here from the beginning with zero breaks.

Maybe it would help to reduce the cost a little bit, and increase the limit per month?
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    I can see that to a degree. But I think the point is that they are more rare.... making them more valuable. I've managed to collect nearly 1,000 in roughly 6 months. And I've powered up some character I don't use.

I merely think it's voodoo economics to charge users 2,000,000 gold for one.. then only give them 1,000 gold back.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I can see that to a degree. But I think the point is that they are more rare.... making them more valuable. I've managed to collect nearly 1,000 in roughly 6 months. And I've powered up some character I don't use.

I merely think it's voodoo economics to charge users 2,000,000 gold for one.. then only give them 1,000 gold back.
    how did you manage to get 1000 in 6 months? what are you farming?

OS
    Android
    You cannot farm them! They come from:
    - event rewards
    - achievement rewards
    - random drops in Skull Quests and Satellite (I guess roughly 1 or 2 skill shards on average per week)
    - Trooper points (2 per week, 5000 points each)
    - Iron coins (2 per week, 250 coins each)
    - the shop for some crazy amount of gold (2/month for 2 Mios gold each)
    - frontier coins (350 coins for 5 shards)
    - Sacrifice (Vortex and all tiers from IV onwards)
    - the shop for some really crazy amount of ca$h
    - @community: Please add if I forgot something!!

I think 1000 in 6 months is not possible without spending real ca$h. I have used 275 shards by now and have 250 in stock. I play almost since the start but only the last year with high input in terms of play time. I do not sacrifice alot outside of good sacrifice events.

In the beginning, skill shards are rare and you should think twice if you spend them or better wait for other toons. Shard the best toons you have, as you can then farm a lot especially during events and new skill shards will follow...
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    I used 582, 33 in bank and vortex maybe 40-50 on toons that pissed me off. 1000 is a shit-ton, even with many tier 7 some of which give 10, 7 and 5 when all shards. Where r u getting 1000 in 6 months that I am missing out on? Yes, crazy cash to buy from store and iron coins, not worth is if u consider how many are sharded and collecting dust. Only good purchase is from Trooper 2/week, no mo iron coin purchases since Relics need all of these.