Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Frontier coins can be obtained free, think long term goals guys

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    For me, the issue is simply transparency. When the Liliths came out, lots of players with a ton of FCs used them for Liliths, not knowing that LoL fragment events would make her pretty attainable soon after.

Now, we have a guaranteed exclusive Eddie for FCs. I think this is actually a very cool idea and in line with what a lot of players have been asking for.

The issue is the cost, especially in light of the Lilith experience. Spending such a large amount of FCs (which are the slowest accumulating resource in the game) without having any idea of what they may be needed for down the road seems crazy, except for players willing to spend big $.

My vote is to keep Alexander in the FC Store, make him closer to 1000 FCs, and give players more detailed advance notice about future resource requirements.
    Great post!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    Frontier coins can be obtained free, think long term goals guys
    Think long term goals guys.. think very very very VEEERY long term goals guys.

For 1 Alexander Eddie, we can get 3 Mythical Souls, or 8 trooper souls.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

I hope this is an indication that we’ll soon see new content where these coins are easier to obtain.
    Current Champion: Killers Eddie

Teams completed:
    Eternal team (sharded)
    Trooper team (sharded)
    Lilith team (sharded)
    God team (sharded)

34/36 collected Eddies fully sharded.
    134 fully sharded characters!

And more to come!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Think long term goals guys.. think very very very VEEERY long term goals guys.

For 1 Alexander Eddie, we can get 3 Mythical Souls, or 8 trooper souls.
    If the game is still around, and if anyone is still playing at that point.

For me, the issue is simply transparency. When the Liliths came out, lots of players with a ton of FCs used them for Liliths, not knowing that LoL fragment events would make her pretty attainable soon after.

Now, we have a guaranteed exclusive Eddie for FCs. I think this is actually a very cool idea and in line with what a lot of players have been asking for.
    See, I respect everyone's concerns and complaints, but this just makes it seem like we can't win.

• Lilith: We're transparent about being able to get the character later via FC coins and fragment grinding? Totally evil.
    • The Beast: We indicate the character won't be available for a while at a bare minimum and not have it available soon after for FC coins or fragment grinding? Still evil.
    • Alexander Eddie: Add a new, long term goal that people can work towards while providing people an option to short cut it without everyone just getting that long term goal for free immediately? Straight evil.

Like, I can't look at any of the above approaches and see how we could have handled Alexander Eddie better (without making him basically a joke to get for our most engaged players, which I'll touch on in the other half of my post).

The worst part is that if we were any more transparent and then anything changed (such as reconsidering Lilith drop rate, FC prices, or future availability), people would still call us evil.

Legacy of the Beast is a live game that is constantly evolving. We do our best to help make players a part of that journey and to provide clarity for that, but the roadmap (clearly) isn't set in stone. Things change, new additions are sometimes added at the last minute, and sometimes things we hope come out by a certain time end up slipping.

The issue is the cost, especially in light of the Lilith experience. Spending such a large amount of FCs (which are the slowest accumulating resource in the game) without having any idea of what they may be needed for down the road seems crazy, except for players willing to spend big $.

My vote is to keep Alexander in the FC Store, make him closer to 1000 FCs, and give players more detailed advance notice about future resource requirements.
    There are many people that still have north of 1000 Frontier Coins, and I'm pretty sure anyone who's active enough to be on top of collecting Trooper, Eternity, and Lilith souls can easily see that they can get Alexander Eddie well short of the 12 months that someone else theorized (who even also theorized that they weren't accounting for Lilith Souls... of which many people have collected so many they already have all 5...). And all of that assumes no Frontier Coins earned from events, future features, etc.

And while I understand wanting to be able to get long term goals immediately... if you could without any real effort, they wouldn't be long term goals, and that defeats the point of us adding them as such. Like, if you wanted to add a cool Eddie as a great long term reward for amassing Frontier Coins, and you wanted it to take longer than just 2-3 months to get... what would you realistically price it at?

OS
    iOS
    Well, good answer Sparton. I guess the complaints would be a lot less, if the $200 deal would not be available. It seems to be unfair that most will work long term on this char, while a few can just buy it immediately.
    Sick-6808

OS
    Android
    I was thinking about the price of those mythical soul packs. Wouldn't it be advantageous to you to have the price at say £25 and have 1000 people (probably way more) buy it than have a bare minimum (say 100 people) buying them at 100 bucks?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    See, I respect everyone's concerns and complaints, but this just makes it seem like we can't win.

• Lilith: We're transparent about being able to get the character later via FC coins and fragment grinding? Totally evil.
    • The Beast: We indicate the character won't be available for a while at a bare minimum and not have it available soon after for FC coins or fragment grinding? Still evil.
    • Alexander Eddie: Add a new, long term goal that people can work towards while providing people an option to short cut it without everyone just getting that long term goal for free immediately? Straight evil.
    I, for the most part, agree with you Sparton. Most of the time people are not fair in their feedback regarding new additions. A lot of this seems to come from the frustration of not getting the new char - for example the beast.
    This is a quite predictable reaction, if i may say so, and to some extend you should expect it.

People play this game, for the most part, because they love the iron maiden lore, this includes myself. The problem is that content are so rarely being added and we have no estimate of when something comes. The latest real addition was BNW which was release in August (aka 8-9 months ago at the time of writing this). After this you've been doing events, a lot of which have been good and have inspired the use of "unused" characters for the sake of completing certain challenges in the cosmos world or elsewhere. But the fact that the only stuff happening for the last good half a year is: "This new char is obtainable by doing this and that in this and this situation" makes people frustrated.

Then, and this is my main point, this results in people being very annoyed when you release a new char that is only obtainable by a long term grind. We have then no "new" content to play (here i even go as far as including events in new) for quite a while as what could have been an event or new content resulted in a character, that might be cool and rewarding, but requires the same grind that have been going on for 8-9 months to continue for another half a year. Still without any indication of when new content will arrive.

I believe that you are, at NF, making an enormous mistake by keeping your cards so tight. You kept the release day of BNW hidden for a very long time and other releases have also been announsed very late. I believe if you gave us all a date for the release of Night City or Gautlet or any of the other features you've been talking about you would see a far more possitive attitude towards events and event special characters.
    Right now people are pissed due to the fact that the added characters are the only new stuff to the gave they love and the collection of the later ones have been pure RNG or some half-a-year marathon.

I hope this discussion can take a turn to be constructive, this goes out to everyone. We will not gain anything by complaining. Try your best to explain the problem and the chance of NF listening will be far greater.

Moonchild
    Current Champion: Killers Eddie

Teams completed:
    Eternal team (sharded)
    Trooper team (sharded)
    Lilith team (sharded)
    God team (sharded)

34/36 collected Eddies fully sharded.
    134 fully sharded characters!

And more to come!

OS
    Android
    Lots of fair counterpoints to my post, Sparton. I still wonder, though, what characters might become available via FCs over the next six months or so. 2500 FCs is a lot to part with even for the most engaged players if alternative options might be appearing soon.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell