Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    Just the logic behind this is ...

They focus on new players but create events that Top 100 PvP players (lots of relics) need 20-30 minutes to finish 1 battle? And you have to do it 10x ... Thanks but no thanks - definitely skipping that shite ...

Do we have a voice from a new player about this? We had Scott telling us about his kids that they think it's stupid and boring ... kids and the drunk normally tell the truth ...
    My kids are a snapshot - they have had the game for many months and dip in and out a few times a week or so - I farm for them while they are at school. The like to open souls I get for them and to show off new characters (they get stuff I dont or stuff I waited years for - lol). They compete with each other side by side to see who has the best team but have never met in PVP - never seen me either. For them it is about trying new characters, they cant be bothered most of the time to level the broing stuff up (talisman) so I have to do that most of the time (they are getting better at it though). I tend to get them to compete against one another for times on the same battle screen - that motivates them - if I did not get involved they would lose interest a little more I think.

I just remember my kids jumping out their seats when they got a decent soul pull - my son got SSE last week and went hyper for 5 mins about it. My daughter was the same when she got a good toon my son had and so on.....that is the cycle with them. There teams are slowly getting stroinger and they are playing PVP a little more now bu way down the ladder where they have somewhat of a chance.....the pain for them is the BNW materials they need to upgrade talisman - they just dont have the time with homework and other stuff to spend that long playing a 30 minute battle for next to nothing back - my son last week took five 25-30 minute battles over the week to get upgrade runes for his talisman. He was not best pleased as all that did was allow him to upgrade one talisman....my kids are young (11 and 10) so have no real money to chuck at that game and I do not encourage it either. What pocket money they get is spent on other games that have lower costs for loot (a few £ or so to get a new character or weapon) - no way they would spend a months pocket money on a set of tally - no way!

But then maybe they ar enot the target as they are young - but they do love Maiden and especially Eddy - I have loads of tour shirts and I am Maiden daft - drink the beers, see the tours and have my office covered in Maiden flags and posters and MacFarlane figures etc etc - so they know I am into the music and Eddie - they sort of are so flattened by my love of the music and imagery that they have got sucked in a little too...they have even asked to go to a show (maybe a bit too late and loud for them yet, but soon hopefully if Maiden keep touring).

Anyway it is useful to get that sort of insight into how other non-endgamers use the game. I get more enjoyment out of helping the kids than with my own account so that say something as a decent new toon can change things a lot - my daughter got a Visions and that helped a lot for surviving - my son has a few now SSE, SoL, Sam and he has fun with those.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Ah, in this case everything is good - because we can always count on the promises of NF - right?

And that of course also justifies that everything is overpriced crap - the lousy dupe system - the mindless grind - ... !
    A big part of me just wants to go casual on the game for the summer....but then again I dont want to miss out on anything - addiction is the issue for me - it's habit forming for sure! I wake up and one fo the first few things i do is set up LOTB - the last thing I do before going to sleep is the same thing as reset is 1am here and I am usually awake then - I set up the accounts in the house and then go to bed. That is the sign of an addict, lol. One of theings for me is not wasting anythign that is free so I never like to lose out SoT/SoW free refills...though that is waning a little!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    So the way I am reading this is if you are a long term player take a break to August you won’t miss anything.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    But then maybe they ar enot the target as they are young - but they do love Maiden and especially Eddy - I have loads of tour shirts and I am Maiden daft - drink the beers, see the tours and have my office covered in Maiden flags and posters and MacFarlane figures etc etc - so they know I am into the music and Eddie - they sort of are so flattened by my love of the music and imagery that they have got sucked in a little too...they have even asked to go to a show (maybe a bit too late and loud for them yet, but soon hopefully if Maiden keep touring).
    My sons were 12 and 10 when I took them to their first Maiden show, they had a blast ;-) Go for it!
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    But dont forget the ear protection!
    Back to the event:
    I really like these kind of events! You need to figure out some strategies and normally have to use several chars that you would never use otherwise. That's a lot of fun to me and might help to think out of the box or come up with some new strategies for other parts of the game. Of course, 10 times each level 10 with class disadvantage is a bit stressful. But we have a week to do that! So I think not too much refills are needed. Espeically if you play manualy! I really like that because outside of these events I only play pvp manually and everything else is on auto pilot! Most of the level6 missions were completed after one run with good planning, thats cool! Didn't we ask for some challenge and variety? I think here it is. And you can decide if you want to do all challenges, only some or nothing. Especially as the rewards aren't that essential. Moreover, I do not play BNW outside of events and we did not have an event there for quite a while, so we can refill our stacks of runes with some additional rewards - perfect!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    But your signature says you've all characters?
    *had*, collectively over all 3 devices. Sure, i may have kept the iron eddie on all devices, but for example the gunner hacker (for permadeath) or warrior priestess on one device of the three, but the assassin demon spawn? Sure i had him several times, but surely sacrificed him right away.
    There's actually a few characters i keep: 1 for each dragon (i.e. 1 physical damage team, 1 multihit true damage team and a mage team), 1 team PVP and 2 options for PVP.

Anyways i nearly burned all my ironites to get the immortal soul and so am 60-90 ironite on 2 devices which isn't even enough to get one yellow talisman, let alone all three.
    Last edited by satani; 05-22-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

I cannot believe this is all we got with this new "Extreme Difficulty". I looked forward to this all month in the hope that we would see some new and interesting challenge - with a slight hope that it would require a wide arsenal of good characters.
    But after multible ironite-burning events in a row - Yes, i was stupid enough to try and go for a 2nd immortal soul - this is truely a dissapointment of enormous scale.
    But luckily the talismans does not seem stupidly overpowered so having them will not be essential.

So, i'm skipping this event, but if someone needs help with a mission of some sort and require a specific character feel free to send me a message and i can most likely change my champion to something that fulfill your needs.

Moonchild
    Current Champion: Killers Eddie

Teams completed:
    Eternal team (sharded)
    Trooper team (sharded)
    Lilith team (sharded)
    God team (sharded)

34/36 collected Eddies fully sharded.
    134 fully sharded characters!

And more to come!

OS
    Android
    How are the magic/attack down accomplished? Apparently it is different than the lower debuff.

edit: Cyborg Eddie didn't count lower attack and magic when it applied.
    Last edited by ill; 05-22-2018 at 04:20 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild-6759 View Post
    But luckily the talismans does not seem stupidly overpowered so having them will not be essential.
    The yellow ones are really easy to get ... just take one character that can do what is necessary and pet the Dragon until you hit him 10 times with Ignite, ATK/M down or permadeath (purple Ox thin with guaranteed permadeath for 3 power is quite useful as well).

I won't even upgrade them as it gives you a blue buff - it's basically removed before it's becoming useful (at least in PvP)

Blue talismans - don't know ... not in the mood to do this grind
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    How are the magic/attack down accomplished? Apparently it is different than the lower debuff.

edit: Cyborg Eddie didn't count lower attack and magic when it applied.
    Assassin Corrupt Rescuer is what I used.

The yellow ones ..... gives you a blue buff - it's basically removed before it's becoming useful (at least in PvP)
    Exactly my sentiment.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..