Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Primordial talisman

I pulled 2 completes sets of the new primordial talisman on a vortex fill. Does anyone have any ideas on who to put them on.

OS
    Android
    There's plenty of reference to them in the forums in just the last few days, but Prisoner, Gunner Newborn of light, Navigator Eddie, G-COTD, Desert Golem, G-Golden Son, I don't have Hallowed Eddie,Cyborg but perhaps these too?
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    You need all slots to be yellow, and Hallowed Eddie has three red slots.

In just two days in the event, almost 60% of opponents in PVP have a gunner with this set and it's overkill as hell. I have 5 of them (yes, one missing) but waiting for sunday to buy trooper and eternal soul fragments for probably another ultimate sacrifice.

Personally, I'm starting to feel bored with PVP: you always need the latest supercharacters (e.g. Liliths or recent Eddies) or overtalismans as these ones.

The primordial talismans really brought out the prisoner character. He’s on every ones defense again

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Valgard View Post
    You need all slots to be yellow, and Hallowed Eddie has three red slots.

In just two days in the event, almost 60% of opponents in PVP have a gunner with this set and it's overkill as hell. I have 5 of them (yes, one missing) but waiting for sunday to buy trooper and eternal soul fragments for probably another ultimate sacrifice.

Personally, I'm starting to feel bored with PVP: you always need the latest supercharacters (e.g. Liliths or recent Eddies) or overtalismans as these ones.
    Bored with PVP? For me this is just another added challenge! Yes they can be hard to over come but all the lower teams that somehow made it into the higher ranks on the back of this Talisman set will slowly but surely get knocked down again.
    Until they build relics they're still potentially weak.
    There are a few grey buffs that can make it harder but Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer is fantastic for clearing the red ones and some greys, seeing her stacked with negatives over her makes her very powerful I have been in PVP all morning, whilst in the lower ranks most of the teams taking advantage of the talisman set were relatively easy to clean up with the right team.

When I got up higher it's a different story but I did take care of a few teams that I would not of expected to beat.
    At the lower levels around a 80% success rate, at the higher levels 40 - 50% I can't see my team making it to the top 100 like last week but I'll do alright...

Try high health/defence teams with lots of similar relics invested, Sentinel Lilith is a must, Sentinel CR, I use Pharoah Eddie but Visions would be good stealing the golden buffs and cleansing the team a bit, my fourth ally in my attacking team is Assasin CR but there are different combinations that could work, replace the last with Magis Lilith perhaps?

Don't give up keep trying! There are so many possible combinations that could hold the team together till you somehow get a break then whammo one by one they fall. Almost all teams where I failed there was a presence of Sentinel Lilith in their team.
    Look at this as a challenge Troopers! I have not got this new set of talisman.. I suggest people add their ideas for team combinations to over throw this talisman set on this thread, even if you are running a set there must still be strategies that can work with varying success.
    Good luck Troopers!

OS
    Android
    I agree that PvP is becoming a pay to win feature of the game. The arena is becoming, who has the new overpowered characters and talisman is the winner. The only way to acquire the talent is spend money to purchase irronite or buy them outright. How many new Eddie's or tunes have been released this year.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    I agree that PvP is becoming a pay to win feature of the game. The arena is becoming, who has the new overpowered characters and talisman is the winner. The only way to acquire the talent is spend money to purchase irronite or buy them outright. How many new Eddie's or tunes have been released this year.
    Yeah but isn't that the idea? I agree I don't like it but in the end the higher ranks will or have spent the money and put in the time to get there, I'm not prepared to spend a lot of dollars so mediocrity is the result!

OS
    Android
    The introduction of relics was so mind-bogglingly asinine I didn't think the PVP could get any worse, but I clearly underestimated the devs. Since then we have had an update that causes regular crashes, an update that was supposed to fix the crashes but didn't, instead causing the game to regularly freeze, overpowered talismans available only for real cash (destiny), and now the icing on the cake: primordial talismans. These talismans are without question the worst addition to the game in its already checkered history. Even facing a team with one set turns the game into a complete crapshoot; facing a team with four sets makes victory an impossibility for almost all players due to the fact that the grossly overpowered buffs stack and can only be countered by a couple of characters.

Congrats devs, you've truly excelled yourselves! The PVP is now completely beyond redemption.

(I honestly tried my best to resist the urge to post this criticism, but the bile was too strong in me.)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead View Post
    The introduction of relics was so mind-bogglingly asinine I didn't think the PVP could get any worse, but I clearly underestimated the devs. Since then we have had an update that causes regular crashes, an update that was supposed to fix the crashes but didn't, instead causing the game to regularly freeze, overpowered talismans available only for real cash (destiny), and now the icing on the cake: primordial talismans. These talismans are without question the worst addition to the game in its already checkered history. Even facing a team with one set turns the game into a complete crapshoot; facing a team with four sets makes victory an impossibility for almost all players due to the fact that the grossly overpowered buffs stack and can only be countered by a couple of characters.

Congrats devs, you've truly excelled yourselves! The PVP is now completely beyond redemption.

(I honestly tried my best to resist the urge to post this criticism, but the bile was too strong in me.)
    I think these gunner talismans are fitting the game very well. Now we have a slot machine for souls and a lottery for PvP. I let PvP run on auto now 90% of the time - I have 2 sets (well developed - got a 3rd one luring but to lazy to upgrade them) and even on auto I have a decent outcome of winning without getting angry anymore about the shitshow.

I pledge for a new name: LotF - Legacy of the Flip-a-Coin
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    I didn't see that many Prisioners with the set, but actually i face a lot of Cyborg Eddie with it, since i have Valkyrie it isn't that hard to take it out in 2 or 3 rounds. But again, you need to have an specific toon to battle an specific problem again, letting down everyone that doesn't have it, and the way of how easy it is to get, everybody will have it before the last days of the event. So be prepared, another thing to deal with PvP.
    I also think that if the idea of ''full sets talismans'' contunues, the moment when the Assassin set comes will be problematic, since it may be an overpowered effect and almost every assassin have their 3 specials slot of assassin.
    Same thing with Sentinel, but i guess it will be something like a supporting effect rather than overpowered.
    _______________________________Icarus-6959
    __________________________ Beast Eddie (MAXED)
    _____________I left the game [Feel free to remove me as a trooper]

________________________Don't you think I'm a savior?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save you?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save your life?..._______...(repeat 666 times)