Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    As a lower-level arena player (I've never been above 2400), just one set is enough to determine the match. If one side has them and the other doesn't, the have-nots will have a hard time to even make a dent in the other team.
    As someone who hasn't managed to get a single talisman (let a lone a whole set) it's not even worth trying. Right now, I simply skip all teams featuring either A) the prisoner or B) multiple yellow chars. High risk of a promordial set, therefore no chance of winning.

OS
    iOS
    If they aren't planning on nerfing this cheese-fest anytime soon at least address the complete BS bug of stacking Ascension on characters. I just got hit for 86k from Iron Eddie with 3 Ascension Buffs and Crit Strike. What the hell Blade? Why aren't you ranting about that like you normally do when there is over-powered-non-counter-ability-character-talisman issues? #stepupyourrantgame #orareyouooneofthem ?
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Reducing the (de)buff time from 2 to 1 or only allowing one set on a team would be perfectly fine nerfs. Affecting the actual functions of the talismans themselves like not affecting everyone would likely kill them for me
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    LEAVE THEM ALONE! Primordial talisman sets are real fun when stacked and run as they are now, they need no modifications. they are random and I have lost many times to other teams that do not have any sets vs. my 4 set team.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    If they aren't planning on nerfing this cheese-fest anytime soon at least address the complete BS bug of stacking Ascension on characters. I just got hit for 86k from Iron Eddie with 3 Ascension Buffs and Crit Strike. What the hell Blade? Why aren't you ranting about that like you normally do when there is over-powered-non-counter-ability-character-talisman issues? #stepupyourrantgame #orareyouooneofthem ?
    Lol, don't worry! Rant has already been on the previous page
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    I don't even mind if you have 4 sets but the stacking is what makes it worse. Also the attack and put a random ally to sleep is weird. Yesterday I was faced with a single Sentinel Lillith with 3 Stacks of Ascension that would not go away and she was healing triplicate for 3500 so there was no way to win. Not even perfect corruption would land from my own Sentinel Lillith. Had to draw against that with 3 of my allies alive.

Same applies to the debuff side. The stacking just really makes it difficult. I cant imagine those who don't have a way to remove it. This was the same question I made about the ACR Seal ability. That debuff does not stack but all these talisman debuffs stack?

I doubt there is a way for them to limit number of sets on a team. The only thing that could happen is that they would prevent stacking and reduce timers. Then the talismans retain their value but aren't making things impossible for everyone except those who have the exact combination of characters and talismans to win against them. Although with the high number of people who do have them and use them, NF may do something more extreme but I would feel very slighted if I sacrificed all those souls and resources to get them and then they became worthless.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    These Talismans are over kill.

I have 3 sets and spent millions powering then up and many souls sacrificed to get them.

I’ll lose out big time, so some compensation would be nice. But they are completely overpowered and have ruined the balance of the arena.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by 90mphyorker View Post
    These Talismans are over kill.

I have 3 sets and spent millions powering then up and many souls sacrificed to get them.

I’ll lose out big time, so some compensation would be nice. But they are completely overpowered and have ruined the balance of the arena.
    I would actually say that any pretense of "balance" in the Arena flew out the window, never to return, the moment they released the relics... but maybe that's just me. ;-)

The new talis were meant to be as they are... we just weren't meant to have this many of them. I invested heavilly in these talismans too, and maxed 3 of the 5 sets I dropped (and was in the process of maxing a fourth) and I will be furious when they are nerfed, no doubt... but I won't be surprised. As someone alluded to earlier in this thread: just one more nail in the coffin.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    I would actually say that any pretense of "balance" in the Arena flew out the window, never to return, the moment they released the relics... but maybe that's just me. ;-)

The new talis were meant to be as they are... we just weren't meant to have this many of them. I invested heavilly in these talismans too, and maxed 3 of the 5 sets I dropped (and was in the process of maxing a fourth) and I will be furious when they are nerfed, no doubt... but I won't be surprised. As someone alluded to earlier in this thread: just one more nail in the coffin.
    Yeah, that was me that said that. The current meta is pure crazy - I can go in with all four sets a destroy all before me or get battered by the same team I just beat in one round - utterly mad and utterly luck based in most cases. If I revert to part primordial and part my old defence things start to even out a bit and are less lucj based but there is no doubt that the stacking is so random that it is impossible to know when you will flatten or be flattened.

It's kind of fun for sure btu so many times I have been nearly wiped out but then manaaged to claw myself back in to the fight and win.....one thing for sure it does speed up all other battles in BNW, LOL and PVE - so maybe the devs, if they must nerf, only nerf the arena side, then those who invested can still benefit from the tallies in all of the other battle types.

That would be some kind of comprimise?

Also, though we all know about the event bug (though I dont think I benefitted at all and got what I should get - again, I really think the devs need to think this through a lot and not just tar brush us all....many of us did not get the bug to help us with the event!!) how are they going to compensate us all for those who did not get the bug and who spent a shed load of resources - that is the bit that is really annoying me the most about this. I think also that they must have known how these work as tallies and how they did not see the effect of stacking coming I do not know - I think they have messed this up from beginning to end, first to let the bug happen, second, to not know what they were creating, third, that many, like me, could get four sets without the bug nevermind those who did or could buy the actual sets for real money (they need to be super careful about that side for sure as I would be very, very annoyed if I had spent £38 on a set and then only had then nerfed in the next update - like I said before it's like buying the fastest car in the world and the engine being recalled due to a fault - your left with a husk and anger), fourth, that they are choosing to nerf it straight away with no real thought and that they took several days to decide this is the fix.

Just a travesty of choices and mistakes all the way so far and the galling thing is that they do not see this or if they do they are not bothered, or if they are bothered they are not showing it or telling us at all.

Really not sure what else to say on this (though I am sure I will say more) but they really need to start communicating their thought processes a bit more here - event bug aside (we know this can happen and can be a little out of their control though it should not be) how they have dealt with this since has been very poor in my eyes - I mean the event is still on and those not on the forum (which I assume is a load of folk) will know nothing of this debate/issue, will they? They may still be thinking must get that final set, look how great they are in arena/PVE/BNW/SQ/LOL etc and be sacing like crazy befoe the event closes...are they even thinking about this at all?

This is the first time, I think, that I have not been supportive of the team when others have been shredding them. I think the first route os for the devs to cmmunicate through the game to all players the current state of play on the tallies - maybe how it happened and then how it wil be fixed fairly to all. I heard of folk having many, many sets from a vortex and ultimate that seems like a bug as it was never possible in the write up - what i got was norm and par for the course and they can check my account to be sure - I thin they need to do this if any of us are nto happy with the outcome here - either that or they reset it all or pay us back what we invested - those resources took weeks to or more to save up considering I spent over 15M gold and acked all my dupes (pretty much).....

This is almost another rant from me...unheard of!

Oh...keep calm and listen to some Maiden....!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

Yeah! I think it would at least be ethical to take the $$$ version off of the store for the non-forum players! but as we see the Noob Frauds don’t give a flying F!

and im sure they will just rudely nerf the shit out of the set and never mention it....”maybe a link to 150 Ironite will do???”