OS
    iOS

Best place to find colorless 3-star evolution-shards?

There's a bunch of 4-star characters I'd love to upgrade to 5-star status... but while I've got all the COLORED shards I need for it, the requisite colorless 3-star shards, which are needed for ALL of them obviously, seem to be painfully rare. Sometimes I get a few from the Evo-Material Cache/Hoard, but since that has a 12-hour cooldown and they're far from guaranteed, you don't get too many that way. I've tried grinding various LoL X-level stages for them, but I mostly just get colored shards from that, and burn through all my hourglasses in the process.

Cosmos-stages don't seem to be particularly efficient at it - or maybe I've just been trying the wrong ones? Supposedly, any Battlefield-stage at Madness-level, and any Underworld-stage at Hard or Madness will do the trick, but again, I've rarely gotten any that way.

Am I missing something? Any good places for them, any good tricks to get them? Have I just been really unlucky? Or is it just a terrible grind to collect that particular component?

OS
    Android
    I found that I average about 1 colorless shard per 10 LoL battles and 1 to 2 per 16 AmoloD battles. The question is do you need gold or colored shards since both give about equal colorless shards per SoT. Another point is AMOLAD give 3* talisman runes that you may need, while LoL give common souls.

I save most of my ironite to play the frag event. Besides earning event and Lilith frags I am trying to collect colorless shards.

OS
    Android
    Highest level in the underworld that you can auto-play! But as the fragment event is running now you will do hundreds of LoL runs anyway and you will earn some of the evo shards for sure.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Hmmm... well, as y’all said, the current event means I’ll default to LoL regardless. But outside of that, is there any reason to use AMoLaD instead of one of the regular Underworld-stages? I cannot currently Auto AMoLaD on Madness, see... the wave of overbuffed Pyros wipes out my crew if I don’t assume direct control. So if it doesn’t have particularly high drop-rates for 3-star Shards or something like that, it seems an unnecessary complication. There are plenty of Underworld-stages that I can easily Auto, after all.

Senior Member TheAlbatross-1864's Avatar
    OS
    iOS
    Most of mine come from either LoL X, or the highest level in the underworld on madness I can autofarm. I think I get more from LoL
    Champion: Crusader (Coalgiver during PVP events)
    Max lvl/shard/talisman Eddies: Shaman, Alexander, Coalgiver, Clansman, Trooper, Navigator, Cyborg, Aces High, Piece of Mind, Pharaoh, Visions, Viking, Seventh Son, Mystic, Edward, Crusader, Iron, Beast

OS
    iOS
    I agree with the highest level of Underworld you can farm. When an event isn't pushing me to do something different that is where I am.
    I used to farm Cast Die a lot for colorless shards. It is pretty high and I found that with Navigator and 1 good toon I could also use that level to level up other toons.
    The trick for me was to make sure the toons getting leveled had plenty of health so they could take hits and stay alive long enough for Navigator to kill everything. It isn't as fast as using power toons, but this saves me a fortune in paying to level characters to sac later and the auto farm feature is great as I don't have to be in a hurry.

OS
    Android
    Can someone explain to me what the advantage of the colourless shard is please?

I am guessing that because their colourless they can be used to same end in any class toon,but is there anything else about them that I'm not aware of?
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the advantage of the colourless shard is please?

I am guessing that because their colourless they can be used to same end in any class toon,but is there anything else about them that I'm not aware of?
    Umm... we're talking about colorless EVO-shards. Colorless XP-shards can be used on any class with bonus, which is nice, but I don't think you can grind those - they come from events only, AFAIK. Colorless EVO-shards, meanwhile, are just... well... needed for every evolution ever. 4-to-5-star evolution requires 7 3-star Colorless Evo-Shards, (or was it nine? I think it was seven...) so you can own STACKS of all the colored shards and it won't help a thing if you don't have some Colorless ones too. That's kind of the situation I'm in - running the various LoL-stages racks up tons of the colored shards, after all, but the colorless ones are way rarer.

OS
    Android
    Oops my mistake! I farm the ones your talking about in AMOLAD but the drop rates are better high in the underworld I believe.. Sorry for the confusion.... too early in the morning here....
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    The Gauntlet leak a couple months ago had colorless shards as rewards as well.. no clue if that will actually be the case when it's released though.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..