Yup: Hah! No plant. I is a meat popsicle!

I just deal with lots of computer stuff for work, and digging into RNG stuff (mainly in Linux) was something that occupied my time in the past, so I actually have some idea of how it works. I have basic understandings of the maths involved in checking if a sample is somewhat random too, but I'm not a mathematician.

Mind you, I've been "working" with computers since 1986 (and exposure to them since like 1981), and I'm still in the field. I've had a lot of exposure to a lot of different tech and ideas and systems over the years, and learnt a lot over that time. I've jumped from project to project and subsystem to subsystem, and some of it comes in handy in seemingly unrelated projects/fields. Currently, I'm more interested in the Mesa project (OpenGL graphics drivers), since I got bit by a few bugs and helped get them fixed.

The way a lot of programmers are exposed to an RNG is the typical iceberg analogy. There's a hell of a lot more under the surface and if you're not careful, you'll run into problems caused by not knowing about the hidden part. Sometimes however, finding that interaction is really hard.

PS: I miss seeing Spartan around here. :/