Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Can you talk me out of CR skill shard project?

At present, I have Holy Smoke and 4 toons maxed with skill shards (AG, SSD, Warrior Troll, & Assassin Golden Son for those curious). I quit Soldier Eddie midway as I was getting great returns, but it's only a matter of time before all those precious shards get diverted to Acrid Smoke :/

Anyway, CR is in my go-to Eddie team with HS and Soldier, so I have been leveling his talismans and considering whether I want to invest skill shards as well. There seems to be one major downside: I need 12 more (of 13) to complete him, which will take eons. This is a hard pill to swallow. The upside is that CR seems to be (one of) the most talked about Eddies here, and his usefulness is undisputed. If I stick to the project, I will have enhanced one of the most heavily-relied upon characters in the game.

The other issue seems to be the toons. I am happy with the team(s) I have leveled with shards at present, but to me my best remaining toons do not seem to be worth the investment. Either these 5* characters are not more significant/useful toons than those I have already leveled, or they are the type that require nearly as many shards as CR while not providing the same returns or being as useful.

While I am content to quit while fortune favors me (as in the case of my Soldier Eddie), I am not one to drop 3 or 4 shards into one character and move on to the next. I prefer maximizing those worthy of the investment. So, with that said, would you agree with this project or not (and if not, please state your reasoning/alternate suggestions).

EDIT: in case it helps your assessment or if you missed it, my 5* character roster is in my sig and those not mentioned above have not received skill shards yet,

TIA!
    Last edited by FlyingV; 11-15-2016 at 04:01 AM.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    If he's your go-to Eddie and you already have skills maxed on the preferred allies, then go for it. I don't even have a CR Eddie, but I do know that he's the best magic Eddie by a long shot. The only concern is nerfs in the future, but you run that risk with any character.

I'm to the point where I'm debating whether to use skill shards on Soldier Eddie or rocket dog. Both have unpopular skills with huge level black holes. I actually do use acrid smoke on the gunner LoL boss though, makes him a lot less likely to steal your buffs it sure seems. Which is pretty handy, because I can use the AG buff without much worry.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    My char to-go is Grim Reaper (before was SE) and I had like 29 skill shards ...would like to get CR but with my luck, who knows when it will happen. It took me 2 days to get courage and spend all skills shards on him ...but I did , so now I'm on the path of farming anything, in hope one day CR Eddie or why not, Cyborg guy will drop
    Skill shards will come, I use trooper badges to buy them, playing all my 50 troopers daily ...so, YES, spend all on CR , I'm sure you will not be sorry

I posted my experience with my max talismans, Max shard CR in the character discussion. I need to use him more to be familiar with his strategy, but damage output isn't special.

My max shard soldier Ed with less than ideal talismans hits harder most of the time.

OS
    Android
    I consider putting my skill shards on him as well. The only reason I haven't is that my team is so powerful anyway, so I'm currently saving my skill shards in case I get/upgrade a cool toon where they would make more use.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    Android
    Do it... 12 skill shards is about a month of work and it will pass quickly, trust me Plus, you might get some in SL or through Acheivements
    Last edited by Ringe666-7406; 11-15-2016 at 10:38 AM.

OS
    iOS
    after avoiding putting any skill shards on Eddies for while, I'm working to max out CR. He's just so damn useful. I switched to GR for a while while he was new, but CR's just so useful (between his awesome heals and his fury which remove beneficials). So good at auto farming.

I'd say go for it. He doesn't take all that many (certainly compared to GR), and there are no big holes like Soldier's Acrid Smoke.
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    Never did regret spending 13 on my CR...and I had 2-3 months to regret it.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    Never did regret spending 13 on my CR...and I had 2-3 months to regret it.
    Good to hear. Looking back on his skill tree upgrades, I'm not terribly enthused about the mere 5% increments for a max of 15% on most skills, but I cannot think of a project that is more worthwhile to undertake, ATM.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Good to hear. Looking back on his skill tree upgrades, I'm not terribly enthused about the mere 5% increments for a max of 15% on most skills, but I cannot think of a project that is more worthwhile to undertake, ATM.
    He's WORTH upgrading to the max - trust me - it's still my basic Eddie - if you'll max torch and black embrace - you'll see why everyone considering him as best of the best
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy