Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Suggestion about the game being time consuming

OK... Firstly I want to say that I've been playing since sometime back in July when the game was available to the general public and I'm not complaining!! But the with the addition of PvP this game has become a complete "Time Suck"

I enjoy playing the game but I also have a life too. I wouldn't call myself a "Gamer" but my love of Iron Maiden pulled me into this and now I'm struggling with if I need to go cold turkey and give it up. I finished the campaigns months ago and have spent countless hours grinding every day in order to use all my troopers and collect Runes, Talismans, and EVO shards. I really have been blind to how much time I've been investing in this game and don't want to quit, but something has to give. I don't spend nearly enough time playing guitar or drums in my music room as I want, and I had to start playing the game with no sound when my wife is around since every time Eddie screams at the end of a match my wife imitates the scream Just 10, 15, 30, Oh hell... just give me an hour and I'll put my phone down. Two or three hours later I either finish what I was working on or the battery in my phone needs recharged. I don't think my galaxy 7 edge was meant to be a gaming console. The hours a day spent grinding for loot has become a burden and instead of quitting altogether I'd like to see what can be done to alleviate the "Time Suck". I know I'm not the only person out there with this particular problem! So... Some thoughts...

One thought... Since everyone wants to use all of their troopers every day, why not make it so auto farming is more user friendly. Instead of me having to select the next trooper in line, why can't there be an option for the game to just go down the list of troopers and auto-play AMOLAD Madness or whatever level you want to auto farm until you run out of SoT. Having to keep tap... tap... tap... replay... select next trooper... play next round is where the time suck begins.

Another thought... take the limitation off the amount of Shards, Runes, Talismans, and Toons you can have so that you don't have to play inventory management so often. I know for myself, that when I have to sell off resources I almost cringe getting rid of the high value pieces out of fear that with another update the drop rates will become scarce again. Resource management is another time suck. As I'm writing this and auto playing to use all my troopers, I just got the notification that I'm 1 shard over the limit... grind has to stop while I deal with this... and so does my post to this forum... BRB...

Another one... I know there is only so much you can do to make the rounds load faster but the current wait time seems a bit excessive. I know that code needs to buffer but I know this can be improved.

Yet another one... Not just have 2X speed. How about a 4 or 8 or 16 speed so auto farming doesn't have to take hours out of your day. Hell... have an option so the game comes immediately back with Victory or Defeat... here's your loot... and move on. When Auto Farming I get the occasional defeat maybe 1% of the time, but I'd be willing to deal with that if farming could be done in a more efficient manner.

Once again... I'm not complaining, but I'm just offering suggestions to make the game better for everyone.

Just about finished using all my troopers today and another 2 hours spent... haven't even touched Arena yet today... I'm sure I will, but I think I need to spend some time with my wife and eventually find my way down to my music room and turn that shit up to 11...!!!

Up the Irons!! and would love to hear feedback from anyone!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    OK... Firstly I want to say that I've been playing since sometime back in July when the game was available to the general public and I'm not complaining!! But the with the addition of PvP this game has become a complete "Time Suck"

I enjoy playing the game but I also have a life too. I wouldn't call myself a "Gamer" but my love of Iron Maiden pulled me into this and now I'm struggling with if I need to go cold turkey and give it up. I finished the campaigns months ago and have spent countless hours grinding every day in order to use all my troopers and collect Runes, Talismans, and EVO shards. I really have been blind to how much time I've been investing in this game and don't want to quit, but something has to give. I don't spend nearly enough time playing guitar or drums in my music room as I want, and I had to start playing the game with no sound when my wife is around since every time Eddie screams at the end of a match my wife imitates the scream Just 10, 15, 30, Oh hell... just give me an hour and I'll put my phone down. Two or three hours later I either finish what I was working on or the battery in my phone needs recharged. I don't think my galaxy 7 edge was meant to be a gaming console. The hours a day spent grinding for loot has become a burden and instead of quitting altogether I'd like to see what can be done to alleviate the "Time Suck". I know I'm not the only person out there with this particular problem! So... Some thoughts...

One thought... Since everyone wants to use all of their troopers every day, why not make it so auto farming is more user friendly. Instead of me having to select the next trooper in line, why can't there be an option for the game to just go down the list of troopers and auto-play AMOLAD Madness or whatever level you want to auto farm until you run out of SoT. Having to keep tap... tap... tap... replay... select next trooper... play next round is where the time suck begins.

Another thought... take the limitation off the amount of Shards, Runes, Talismans, and Toons you can have so that you don't have to play inventory management so often. I know for myself, that when I have to sell off resources I almost cringe getting rid of the high value pieces out of fear that with another update the drop rates will become scarce again. Resource management is another time suck. As I'm writing this and auto playing to use all my troopers, I just got the notification that I'm 1 shard over the limit... grind has to stop while I deal with this... and so does my post to this forum... BRB...

Another one... I know there is only so much you can do to make the rounds load faster but the current wait time seems a bit excessive. I know that code needs to buffer but I know this can be improved.

Yet another one... Not just have 2X speed. How about a 4 or 8 or 16 speed so auto farming doesn't have to take hours out of your day. Hell... have an option so the game comes immediately back with Victory or Defeat... here's your loot... and move on. When Auto Farming I get the occasional defeat maybe 1% of the time, but I'd be willing to deal with that if farming could be done in a more efficient manner.

Once again... I'm not complaining, but I'm just offering suggestions to make the game better for everyone.

Just about finished using all my troopers today and another 2 hours spent... haven't even touched Arena yet today... I'm sure I will, but I think I need to spend some time with my wife and eventually find my way down to my music room and turn that shit up to 11...!!!

Up the Irons!! and would love to hear feedback from anyone!!
    Phew,long one! Appreciate all the badges & nice room!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Phew,long one! Appreciate all the badges & nice room!!!
    LOL... I get long winded sometimes.. That room is my 2nd home. I soundproofed it so if I couldn't sleep, I can go down and jam without disturbing the rest of the house. Now you see my dilemma... Play a game on my phone or play with some of my favorite toys... Should be an easy decision, but somehow I'm torn...
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    Android
    yeah i absolutely agree, i have also something i consider a real life, but i feel, that i have lost too many hours playing this game just out of routine.
    with the PVP release the amount of time needed is simply too high, that's why i would really appreciate every of your suggestions, which would minimize the time needed to play this game.

another suggestion would be to use more than one trooper at once. or maybe using them in pvp too. you don't have to be able to play him, he can just sit there in an extra slot and give you badges. now the devs have time for such improvments, i would really like to see something like that.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    yeah i absolutely agree, i have also something i consider a real life, but i feel, that i have lost too many hours playing this game just out of routine.
    with the PVP release the amount of time needed is simply too high, that's why i would really appreciate every of your suggestions, which would minimize the time needed to play this game.

another suggestion would be to use more than one trooper at once. or maybe using them in pvp too. you don't have to be able to play him, he can just sit there in an extra slot and give you badges. now the devs have time for such improvments, i would really like to see something like that.
    I love the idea of being able to use more than one trooper at a time!! I've wished for this more than once in the past!!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    Android
    Man I totally agree it's become like a habit the past few months for me to get up in the morning finish my SoT then go on with life. Then around noontime I tend to grind a couple of hours since I'm free at home and try to level up my stuff as I haven't got much maxed stuff yet. Then again at nighttime finish my SoT and head to bed sometimes I just feel like this game is controlling me and I can't do stuff I want to lol.

If they made the autofarm option a little bit easier by having the troopers automatically go and no need to press reset it would be perfect. I hope the team can do something like this in the future as I totally agree with you.

Btw nice music room man I wish I could have me one of those!!

Quote Originally Posted by treeb0mbb View Post
    Man I totally agree it's become like a habit the past few months for me to get up in the morning finish my SoT then go on with life. Then around noontime I tend to grind a couple of hours since I'm free at home and try to level up my stuff as I haven't got much maxed stuff yet. Then again at nighttime finish my SoT and head to bed sometimes I just feel like this game is controlling me and I can't do stuff I want to lol.

If they made the autofarm option a little bit easier by having the troopers automatically go and no need to press reset it would be perfect. I hope the team can do something like this in the future as I totally agree with you.

Btw nice music room man I wish I could have me one of those!!
    The game is great, but it really does take up too much time. It feels like a second job that I don't get paid for... And when I do get a Legendary soul or something else that I think is going to be awesome, I just get duplicates of toons I already have. Like looking at your paycheck and seeing how much was taken out in taxes...

I see you are in FL, but if you ever find yourself in the Atlanta area you'll have to come over and jam!! I love an excuse to go lose track of time down in that room... some more pics you might like... I bought that hot pink BC Rich back in the mid 80s when I was playing out in the bars with my band. Can't even consider parting with it even though I probably wouldn't take it on a gig today unless we were going to do some Poison covers... lol Still fun to play that one!! The action on it is incredible considering it's over 30 years old...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    Android
    Wow, I'm jealous of your music room! You've got some nice play toys there.

I agree with what you said in your first post. At the beginning of last year, I played a star wars-related game that was similar to this in many ways. When it came to farming resources that you needed, the game had a button that you'd tap before entering a mission that would essentially autorun the mission for you and skip straight to the "victory!" screen. This allowed you to continuously tap that button and be done with your daily tasks in a matter of minutes (with the exception of arena battles). The game had a system set up where you had to trade in a ticket of sorts in order to use the autorun button. Those tickets could either be bought with premium currency, obtained as a reward through daily tasks, or occasionally won as a mission reward. LOTB could benefit from a similar system!
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
    Wow, I'm jealous of your music room! You've got some nice play toys there.

I agree with what you said in your first post. At the beginning of last year, I played a star wars-related game that was similar to this in many ways. When it came to farming resources that you needed, the game had a button that you'd tap before entering a mission that would essentially autorun the mission for you and skip straight to the "victory!" screen. This allowed you to continuously tap that button and be done with your daily tasks in a matter of minutes (with the exception of arena battles). The game had a system set up where you had to trade in a ticket of sorts in order to use the autorun button. Those tickets could either be bought with premium currency, obtained as a reward through daily tasks, or occasionally won as a mission reward. LOTB could benefit from a similar system!
    Gatta have toys!!! Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble!!! My wife loves that!!! lol

I do hope that LOTB goes the way of cutting down the amount of time needed to play so we can all have fun playing the game and also enjoy life outside of staring at our phones. If I could get everything I need to do in the game down to an hour or so, I'd be extremely happy!!! Then on the days I have extra time on my hands I could play longer and use the SoT to do some extra grinding... it's just the hours required today that make me feel like I'm not getting the best bang for my buck... Yes... I've spent money on the game, but I don't see myself doing that again if some things don't change... Up the Irons!!! \ m / !!!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    Android
    My strategy for auto farming is choosing one stage (i.e. Circle of Fear, Hard) where i know a can win rather easily, receive the most gold and replay until all my Troopers have been used. Each game takes less than a minute. Dealing with inventory is a bit more time consuming, but luckily I don't have a problem with excessive inventory yet.