Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @Sparton, @Kaz. Have you thought about lowering the damage for PvP purposes only? It is very discouraging that whoever goes first wins. The damage set up is too high. You shouldn't be able to murder 2-3 characters in one turn (Not even with class advantage). The team that goes second should be able to still win the match, by setting up shields/healing/debufs etc. I believe that PvP should be about strategy not about whoever goes first for the kill.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    @Sparton, @Kaz. Have you thought about lowering the damage for PvP purposes only? It is very discouraging that whoever goes first wins. The damage set up is too high. You shouldn't be able to murder 2-3 characters in one turn (Not even with class advantage). The team that goes second should be able to still win the match, by setting up shields/healing/debufs etc. I believe that PvP should be about strategy not about whoever goes first for the kill.
    Don't think it's needed, since you have a lot of means to mitigate damage (immunity, invincibility, block, vanish, heal).

Let's be real, the team that goes second loses because they are almost ever under hard CC (freeze/stun) and can't do anything. You can plan your team as clever as you can like Nicko, you go second you'll have at least 3 toons frozen or stunned or taunted. Yes, Nicko's pretty dead if he doesn't go first.

This means that hard CC is broken? Depends, I don't think so yet. Some toons procing hard CC 100% to all toons? Yes, that's broken as hell.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    Maybe if they made all characters equal everyone would be happy. If devs keep nerfing characters that will be the end result! Biggest problem with arena is who goes 1st! 2 out of 3 would make more sense. With the 3rd match,if necessary decided by fewest turns, most damage dealt,least damage taken etc.
    Also haven't spent a dime on this game except $6.99 on 700 ironite sale to buy rare soul megapack. Not even real money, Google Opinion Reward Program. That's what I spend all ironite on, collecting characters. Have not & will not use refresh in arena.
    Usually rank between 10th & 20th & 3 of 4 members of my team do not have maxed talismans so....
    Sry,should've posted in pvp feedback
    Last edited by Silentknight; 01-10-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Don't think it's needed, since you have a lot of means to mitigate damage (immunity, invincibility, block, vanish, heal).

Let's be real, the team that goes second loses because they are almost ever under hard CC (freeze/stun) and can't do anything. You can plan your team as clever as you can like Nicko, you go second you'll have at least 3 toons frozen or stunned or taunted. Yes, Nicko's pretty dead if he doesn't go first.

This means that hard CC is broken? Depends, I don't think so yet. Some toons procing hard CC 100% to all toons? Yes, that's broken as hell.
    This is not necessarily true. for example, you can have a [insert gunner character] with 6 health talismans (if possible) but once he gets hit by an assassin toon [golden son for example] he will be dead no matter what. A character should not be able to kill a fully maxed character in one hit or a team should not be downsized to a one character after the first turn.

and it is true you have means to mitigate damage but most of them require for you to cast them, and how are you going to be able to cast them if your characters are dead? It would make more sense to lower the damage until a point where a team cannot be destroyed in the first round and then the team that goes second can at least use their abilities and still have a possibility to win the battle.
    I am not saying that the team that goes first should not have the advantage, but this advantage should not be the one that decides who wins 99% of the time.

And yes CC (idk what that stands for, but I know what you are referring to) needs to be revised and/or we need characters that are able to counter those abilities and that are not hard as hell to get as it is right now.
    Last edited by zamasu; 01-10-2017 at 06:09 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Maybe if they made all characters equal everyone would be happy. If devs keep nerfing characters that will be the end result! Biggest problem with arena is who goes 1st! 2 out of 3 would make more sense. With the 3rd match,if necessary decided by fewest turns, most damage dealt,least damage taken etc.
    Also haven't spent a dime on this game except $6.99 on 700 ironite sale to buy rare soul megapack. Not even real money, Google Opinion Reward Program. That's what I spend all ironite on, collecting characters. Have not & will not use refresh in arena.
    Usually rank between 10th & 20th & 3 of 4 members of my team do not have maxed talismans so....
    Nerfing is way different from fixing a broken mechanic. Multiple hits, high damage, CC, all fine. Talisman procing 100% times? Broken.

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    This is not necessarily true. for example, you can have a [insert gunner character] with 6 health talismans (if possible) but once he gets hit by an assassin toon [golden son for example] he will be dead no matter what. A character should not be able to kill a fully maxed character in one hit or a team should not be downsized to a one character after the first turn.

and it is true you have means to mitigate damage but most of them require for you to cast them, and how are you going to be able to cast them if your characters are dead? It would make more sense to lower the damage until a point where a team cannot be destroyed in the first round and then the team that goes second can at least use their abilities and still have a possibility to win the battle.
    I am not saying that the team that goes first should not have the advantage, but this advantage should not be the one that decides who wins 99% of the time.

And yes CC (idk what that stands for, but I know what you are referring to) needs to be revised and/or we need characters that are able to counter those abilities and that are not hard as hell to get as it is right now.
    That's where passives go. You have shield passives, heal/cleanse passives, immunity passives, block passives, etc. You don't need to cast to mitigate damage, just build your team differently.

Kill entire team in one hit? Well a fully maxed Assassin golden son against a fully maxed gunner team will be a one hit, yes, that's because of affinity and true damage. Try that with a sentinel team or some team with a Green Bat. One toon will always die no matter you do.

The problem is not damage, the problem is broken mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    That's where passives go. You have shield passives, heal/cleanse passives, immunity passives, block passives, etc. You don't need to cast to mitigate damage, just build your team differently.

Kill entire team in one hit? Well a fully maxed Assassin golden son against a fully maxed gunner team will be a one hit, yes, that's because of affinity and true damage. Try that with a sentinel team or some team with a Green Bat. One toon will always die no matter you do.

The problem is not damage, the problem is broken mechanics.
    But how many characters do you have out there with those passives? I can count just a handful. and I agree that that's where the passives come to play but, like I said, we only have a handful of them and they are really hard to get at the moment. that's why we need more characters with such abilities. But with the way the game is built at the moment high damage is a huge problem.

Killing an entire team just because of class advantage shouldn't doesn't make sense. There should be and advantage but not as high as it is right now. Once again, killing a whole team in one turn doesn't make sense at all.

OS
    iOS
    Maybe this is too far off topic, but what about introducing things like immunity, perfect hit and maybe even the prisoners passive on a talisman set. It wouldn't be an immediate fix, but it would open up options for countering some of these things down the road. Another really lame option to even things up would be to have both teams run on auto. Please don't do that though. It would really suck in my opinion.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    If we reduce the damage one thing will change: Not the team with first hit wins (not sure if that's true anyway), the human control team would win 98% of the time. that would be bad for every defense, since the AI would use the wrong moves at the wrong time. The longer the match lasts the bigger is this disadvantage for AI. More damage and early decisions are better for the defending team.

BTW: maybe my defense is complete shit, but my team doesn't always win when they get first. i think many don't win automaticly, only the teams wich exploit
    the broken mechanics to their favour have a big advantage. so maybe not so many changes are needed TBH, let's fix the broken things mentioned here and let's take a look what comes up next. that's how things get better....

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    so maybe not so many changes are needed TBH, let's fix the broken things mentioned here and let's take a look what comes up next. that's how things get better....
    I agree. And I think damage reduction is a really bad idea. Especially since there are some obvious mechanics that can be tweaked for balance before going to such drastic measures that will have everyone chasing the devs with torches and pitchforks