Hybrid View

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the info. It's good to get this out in the open. lots of people have multiple accounts. This game makes it easier to do than most. You could potentially do this with numerous accounts. Good thing it's still only beta. That's a big problem to solve. I don't know if I want to chase the ranking anymore after finding this out
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    Thanks for the info. It's good to get this out in the open. lots of people have multiple accounts. This game makes it easier to do than most. You could potentially do this with numerous accounts. Good thing it's still only beta. That's a big problem to solve. I don't know if I want to chase the ranking anymore after finding this out
    It does kind of leave an icky feeling

This is a really, really important topic

I'm hoping Sparton responds soon. Even if he doesn't have an immediate answer, solving this needs to be acknowledged as a priority
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    As much as im tempted to try this out with my second account, the game would lose the fun when u can just get to rank 1# with no effort, and it would feel bad to dominate people who actually "work" hard to get to the top ranks.

Good thing we have people like you slauki, this should be fixed ASAP
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

lol, I'm really bad at forum; I guess I've had that personal message for you all this time and just didn't notice.

A warning to anyone who looks to use exploits and compete in PVP, if we detect you are cheating in any way (using this method or otherwise), we will ban you from participating in PVP.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, slauki. We will take this into consideration when looking at revising the state of revenging in the game.

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for bringing this exploit into the light of day, Slauki.

My motto in any type of gaming is "I want to beat you, not cheat you."

Glad you see it the same, and I hope this gets fixed.

OS
    Android
    Thank you slauki for sharing this smart though, up the honest irons!

OS
    iOS
    I hope we're kept posted on what's going on with this. I don't want to use any ironite on pvp if I'm gonna get knocked out of the top 25 on Saturday because of it. Even if revenges are limited, you could still gain an advantage by doing this.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    lol, I'm really bad at forum; I guess I've had that personal message for you all this time and just didn't notice.

A warning to anyone who looks to use exploits and compete in PVP, if we detect you are cheating in any way (using this method or otherwise), we will ban you from participating in PVP.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, slauki. We will take this into consideration when looking at revising the state of revenging in the game.
    Thanks Sparton - absolutely the right thing to do - but other than limiting revenge and from a practical point of view - how will you stop this? How is detectable?
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Maybe they have a way to view a players match history. If they can do that it would be pretty obvious I think. Although maybe not, some people seem to revenge a lot more than others. There are players in the top 25 that rarely show up in my list. There are also players in the top 25 that I don't ever seem to be attacked by. But that might not even be related, who knows.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Unless they're manually auditing accounts I just don't know how it's possible, but I'm no programmer. Maybe there is a way they can put an automated flag that triggered if two players go back and forth more than 20 times in a week

Cause if there was a shill or second account it could theoretically be used over and over and over , which would be pretty obvious. Obvious, that is, if there's someone actually looking at it.

I get more irked the more I think about this, and so awesome of Slauki to bring it up. But if there's not something tangible and known as far as enforcement other than "if we catch you" I could see a ton of second accounts being used now that this is known

It had to be brought out into the open, but the effect the unveiling has will depend on how it's handled

And honestly, maybe there is nothing they CAN do other than limit revenge or attacks - but that would likely be good enough
    Nicko-0517