Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Where to put skill shards?

    Which Eddie would be better to build up with skill shards, Pharoah or Fear of the Dark?
    KendoSlice-2128
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Champion)
    Feel free to request an add, I use all 50 every day

  2. #2
    Senior Member blade685's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    france
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    475
    For me FOTD is the best choice
    I have only one full shard eddie : CR
    I use skills on troopers only, CG, AOF, Allied soldier and now ABB
    I use only one eddie because we can't move shard, it's stupid for me but no choice
    If we could move it, the game will be more fun to test all characters...
    Give us your game id for help
    Last edited by blade685; 01-12-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Blade-9120

    Champion:
    GR Eddie
    fully maxed: GR Eddie, CR Eddie, CG, Allied Soldier
    , AOF, Troll, Pyro Soldier, ABB, SSD, DM

    Play all troopers all days

  3. #3
    Senior Member BillLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Connecticut // Player ID: BillLion-3560)
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient Mariner View Post
    Which Eddie would be better to build up with skill shards, Pharoah or Fear of the Dark?
    Pharaoh -but I'm a bit biased

  4. #4
    KendoSlice-2128

    And yeah I'm biased too. Wanted a pharaoh eddie from the beginning but didn't get one until recently. But then I got FotD and I like him too. That's why I'm so torn lol. I also agree because I've put shards on characters that I first got and when I didn't know any better. Wish I would've just saved them up. I've skilled up a GRE (except his one skill I never use) CG, PSS and AssGS. Just want to build up another Edward.
    KendoSlice-2128
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Champion)
    Feel free to request an add, I use all 50 every day

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Vegas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient Mariner View Post
    Which Eddie would be better to build up with skill shards, Pharoah or Fear of the Dark?
    It depends on the rest of your team.

    For me, I maxed out Soldier Eddie first but that's a combination of my play style and drop luck.

    I maxxed out a champion, an Eddie that complimented it, a second character that complimented it then a 3rd that complimented my champion & Eddie then a 4th to use in dungeons, then started on others.

    The biggest thing I would recommend against is spreading them out evenly because you can only share 1 and only use 3 at a time (4 in dungeons) so I would focus. (this is the reverse of talis where it's more efficient to level them up evenly)
    Erik-0726 1/50 avail 5* Allied Bomber Boy all skills maxed

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikInVegas View Post
    It depends on the rest of your team.

    For me, I maxed out Soldier Eddie first but that's a combination of my play style and drop luck.

    I maxxed out a champion, an Eddie that complimented it, a second character that complimented it then a 3rd that complimented my champion & Eddie then a 4th to use in dungeons, then started on others.

    The biggest thing I would recommend against is spreading them out evenly because you can only share 1 and only use 3 at a time (4 in dungeons) so I would focus. (this is the reverse of talis where it's more efficient to level them up evenly)
    I mostly agree here. The only counterpoint is that for PVP (which I'm not in yet, so this is speculation) I understand it's important to have a deeper bench. In that case it may be useful to spread out the shards a bit - not evenly, but having several backup characters at 50%-75% sharded may be helpful.

    And I'm also looking to upgrade a Sentinel Eddie in anticipation for PVP - I've got Pharaoh & FotD at 5*, but I'm also considering upgrading the Mummy for his stuns. Can't quite make up my mind.
    Arcturus-1987

  7. #7
    Senior Member CanyptianFit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canyptian-2758
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    275
    For me I've found that toons that work well in the campaign, and would love to level up, are ones I NEVER use in pvp.

    After a few days of pvp, I'm starting to get a feel for toons I'd love to level for that, but again they may not be ones I'd use to auto farm in campaign.

    I totally agree with ErikinVegas that you need to think of your team and try to invest strategically, toons that compliment one another. Shards are a rare commodity. Sometimes in pvp I see combo's of toons that individually are great but don't help one another. I.e. A toon that does a great job reducing magic resistence, but then there isn't a magic damager on the team.

    My guidance would be if you are unsure to wait. Continue to use your troopers' maxed toons with your team to see which is worth investing in and recognize that campaign and pvp is/maybe different.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyptianFit View Post
    For me I've found that toons that work well in the campaign, and would love to level up, are ones I NEVER use in pvp.

    After a few days of pvp, I'm starting to get a feel for toons I'd love to level for that, but again they may not be ones I'd use to auto farm in campaign.

    I totally agree with ErikinVegas that you need to think of your team and try to invest strategically, toons that compliment one another. Shards are a rare commodity. Sometimes in pvp I see combo's of toons that individually are great but don't help one another. I.e. A toon that does a great job reducing magic resistence, but then there isn't a magic damager on the team.

    My guidance would be if you are unsure to wait. Continue to use your troopers' maxed toons with your team to see which is worth investing in and recognize that campaign and pvp is/maybe different.
    I agree with all of this - PvP is a different beast. May be best to save those shards until you get a feel for the style of offense and defense you put together based on available characters

    I have several characters I fully sharded I almost never use - and some I'm now shardingnI wish I would have done before

    I would have NEVER thought of sharding Mummy Eddie before

    Pharaoh has that awesome Invincibility and revive - but FOTD is just nasty!

    Both could work in PvP depending on your team...
    Nicko-0517

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •