OS
    Android

General question about Sands of Time

Hi I just have a general question as to whether I should buy a Sands of Time refill or not. I usually earn about 30-50 ironite a day grinding and doing the daily rewards stuff. But sometimes when I try to grind LoL and the higher levels I usually run out of SoT.

So I was wondering what is your strategy concerning SoT? Do you buy refills or just wait until they stack up again?

I just personally have a bunch of free time during the day after I used all of my SoT in the morning, then it goes back to max around noontime/afternoon. Then I run out and need to wait till evening. I don't have that much free time like this usually but should I buy a refill or just save up my ironite for some soul packs?

P.S. I still haven't learned all the functions in the forums but was wondering how do you do that little line at the bottom of a post? Where you add like some quotes or your usernames looks nifty .
    Last edited by treeb0mbb; 02-08-2017 at 09:03 PM.

OS
    Android
    Depends on what I need each time....I might refill 5 times a day when I need shards from lol, or runes to power up talismans and have some hundred of Ironites....or might not refill for days, always depends. Soul packs are not a good idea nowdays

ps: upper right, settings, edit signature
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    Depends on what I need each time....I might refill 5 times a day when I need shards from lol, or runes to power up talismans and have some hundred of Ironites....or might not refill for days, always depends. Soul packs are not a good idea nowdays

Five times damn o_O crazy lol. Well alright I might refill it a bit as I need to upgrade my characters talismans some more to progress in the game. Been stuck for like 3 weeks. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    Depends on what I need each time....I might refill 5 times a day when I need shards from lol, or runes to power up talismans and have some hundred of Ironites....or might not refill for days, always depends. Soul packs are not a good idea nowadays

I do the same, but right now I haven't refilled the SoT in a while. Usually do the secret locations in the evening and and then burn through as many troopers as I can... then let it refill overnight and finish up the other troopers the next day. Auto-play is a lifesaver with the daily grind since I can get my work done and just look over and hit replay every few minutes.

I've been staying out of LoL lately since the past two times I played level X I went through 3 or 4 refills and only ended up with 1 or 2 of the 3* "Sharts" that I wanted. Could be bad luck on those days, but I used to be able to pull at least 3 per refill... and that wasn't that long ago. Not sure if it's tuning or like I said, "Bad luck" I seem to collect more 3* colorless in the LoL dungeons which seems silly since you can get more than you need in the regular campaign on Madness.
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I do the same, but right now I haven't refilled the SoT in a while. Usually do the secret locations in the evening and and then burn through as many troopers as I can... then let it refill overnight and finish up the other troopers the next day. Auto-play is a lifesaver with the daily grind since I can get my work done and just look over and hit replay every few minutes.

I've been staying out of LoL lately since the past two times I played level X I went through 3 or 4 refills and only ended up with 1 or 2 of the 3* "Sharts" that I wanted. Could be bad luck on those days, but I used to be able to pull at least 3 per refill... and that wasn't that long ago. Not sure if it's tuning or like I said, "Bad luck" I seem to collect more 3* colorless in the LoL dungeons which seems silly since you can get more than you need in the regular campaign on Madness.
    That's pretty much my tactic...run through as many troopers as I can before I sleep, and then finish the rest the next morning after the refill.

Btw, you can also farm LoL 7 for colored 3* Shards...costs 1 SoT less than Level X. Someone on this forum had posted that tip a while back, and it has really helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post
    That's pretty much my tactic...run through as many troopers as I can before I sleep, and then finish the rest the next morning after the refill.

Btw, you can also farm LoL 7 for colored 3* Shards...costs 1 SoT less than Level X. Someone on this forum had posted that tip a while back, and it has really helped me.
    I'll give that a shot! I had read a while back that they dropped more frequently in level X, but if it's the same with level 7 than that's most certainly the smart move!! Thanks for the tip!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post

Ok... after some testing that is a very useful tip!!! I ran 80 SoT at level X and got only one 3* Colored evo shard. Then I ran 80 SoT on level 7 and actually got two of the 3* shards. Probably just better RNG luck on 7 but I'm not going to complain.
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    Android
    Ok... after some testing that is a very useful tip!!! I ran 80 SoT at level X and got only one 3* Colored evo shard. Then I ran 80 SoT on level 7 and actually got two of the 3* shards. Probably just better RNG luck on 7 but I'm not going to complain.
    Gonna defiantly try to do it like this if it works out. Thanks for sharing your result.

OS
    iOS
    Awesome, glad that it worked. I have to farm the Warrior and Magus LoL levels now...need 3 Colored shards for both...drop rates of 3* shards on the Madness Battlefield and Underworld levels have been crap of late. Sigh!!!

OS
    Android
    I usually just do secrets and Powerslave at night, while watching tv or playing skyrim. i can normally get almost all, if not all troopers, through in a night without refilling. Powerslave gives better gold, and xp then most of the dungeons that cost 5 sot. You also get a bunch of SOT as rewards.
    The next morning when I'm refilled I will finish off any troopers that didn't get through the night before. I'll also play LOL then or Underworld, since I have a lot less time in the morning.

I also only do level 7 in LOL unless I have a lot of sands and little time.

There are the occasions where I am really trying to get a specific item so I will refill then, but not normally.

Also note, I autoplay 99% of the time.
    Thursty-1116