Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Part 1. Attack lists

Intro (or what do we have now)

name of the game is 'Who wants to be an Eternal'.

Everything does not depend solely on you, but also how hard do other people grind. By grind I mean bash the same people over and over due to some mythical 'matchmaking system' which obviously does not work in a way that it produces virtually same lists over and over again. And I think the pool of players isn't that shallow. And now we see it in full scale.

And what we have seen is that ppl with high points will be on your list once in an eternity. For what, protection? whose? No, it's just that matchmaking sucks (sorry, it does). This system makes you stuck and grind for 12 pts at the time and not put you where you and your team really belong on leaderboard. But that is just to make you pay for ironite. It's a good business for the moment, but not prudent long term income philosophy. People will just quit being sick of it. Why not making it reachable for players to rise on the leaderboard so they pay money with satisfaction and not the bitter taste

In my following post I will try and give one of many possible improvements . I've even broken it down on paper and I see what cons it has for each rank and it is not ideal. But as NF says - something along these lines is in order

Imo, lists should be generated solely by ranking or points and not some mythical matchmaking system, enough of those mythical stuff that fails.

One of the easiest and most obvious fair system would be to split the table in half so half of it is full of ppl with higher points, half with lower points, randomly among all players. Obvious flaws are, there is no 4 or 5 higher ranked ppl for top 3 players and no 4 or 5 lower then the last 3 players. rand U(0,1)*numberofplayers should work just fine. but that's not what I had in mind.

I wanted to make something that will make currently lower ranked players more protected, higher ranked players to sort it out between themselves (pick on one of your own size) and with more prospect for everyone to compete for top spots.
    Don't hate me, it is rough, but for fairness sake it should be along these lines.

List has 10 names. Everyone should be able to give it a go against higher ranked ppl so they can see where they stand and potentialy belong. And to make our prizes well earned. Not every week should have same people collecting, it is not motivating.
    Again I appeal to top players not to find this personal or boring but challenging and for the greater good of all and not just our asses (yes I consider myself one of the top players, and not owning prisoner, troll, siege, generals)

Like I've said it's rough and not absolute and has many flaws.

On every player list there could be:

1 top 5 player (20% occurrence on your list, if you are not top 5)
    1 player ranked 5-25 (so we have the chance to match with all kings and you can bring anyone down from the throne)
    2 players of your tier (obvious problem for high tiers for repeated names, so it could be 1 tier lower for those,

but as it should be, we should sort amongst ourselves who is better)

up to here we have issues with high ranks. top 5 will have all 4 players from top 5 on their list each time, which sucks. Lower ranks have a great chance to bring those down and rise

2 player of a one tier lower class
    1 player of two tiers lower
    3 players from three tiers lower and lower

everything randomly, uniformly, no mythical matchmaking.

Now try to position yourself as duelist. what do you see:
    1 top 5
    1 5-25
    2 duelists
    2 lower
    1 two lower
    3 three and more lower ranks. great!

I know, it sucks, but I don't want to hear crybabies but upgrades please.

OS
    Android
    great suggestions, yes the list is rigged since day one, it always showed us the same names over and over again, while others are never shown at all. one example:
    the player shaolinlondon was virtually never on my list, even on limited beta, and i played and refreshed a lot. so something is clearely bugged there. and i know other players who also has similar issuer. the devs told us, that this is due to the limited playerpool in beta. now we have the same problems, with a much larger player pool...

in addition to this we only see lowranks when refreshing, this is new. so there is really no way to climb the ranks high fast. best tactic is to revenge the
    highrankts that attacks you 20 times per day but they can attack you relelentlessly since you can revenge them only twice per day. this is also a problem.
    i would opt for a attack and a revenge limit but this was mentioned several times already.

your suggestions seems reasonable it would be much better that the "mystical matchmaking system" we have now. only thing i would change the order of the lowerranks. so 1 player of three tiers lower 1 of the two ranks lower and 2 of one rank lower. or something similar. the exact distribution is not important, but that is a very serious proble which has to be fixed very soon.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Something beautifull has happend when I got home from work, I couldn't belive my eyes how many higher ranked players were there so I had to take a picture to be true and fair, because this is not what I was looking at last week (I have a pictures of those shitlists too)

Name:  IMG_2196.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  113.7 KB

That's how I want my lists to look like! People in front of me so I can reach for a try to win. After reviewing it I saw these are more or less the same names like the last week, so mystical matchmaking at hand again.
    In my happiness what I did is:

Name:  IMG_2197.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  133.5 KB

Now, I know I'm gonna get my ass whooped for that, and was it prudent.. 20 points up, 9 down, 11 up in total... no. I could attack those who my defence can hold for 12. Was it refreshing, hell yeah!
    I'm gonna refresh now and post what happend, but I dread that this was just a flook
    Last edited by Caretaker; 02-20-2017 at 04:45 PM.

OS
    iOS
    And yes, it was a fluke, I was so low on pts that love matchmaker produced old loves who happened to have more points, so still no changes.
    And are those list really so name-based or team+talisman based, like on first turn? We know they are set for you to stuck and grind for 12 pts. I would love to hear more responses, especially from those who shuffle their defences and attackers oftenly
    Last edited by Caretaker; 02-20-2017 at 03:51 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Bumping it up

OS
    iOS
    Some excellent point made here. I agree that this would be better as at the moment the only way I have of attacking the people higher than me is through revenge (though I did get one this morning that was above me) - so I tend to try to attack them first and others second...or if I am going through attack lists I just go for everyone to get my win streak bonuses working for me.

I think this is a great idea with little against it.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    You would think it be easy to just create an attack list that brings in 5 people with a score higher then you and 5 people with a score lower then you. Only issue would be is if your in top 5 what would it bring in.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    You would think it be easy to just create an attack list that brings in 5 people with a score higher then you and 5 people with a score lower then you. Only issue would be is if your in top 5 what would it bring in.
    Would be super easy, but a terrible decision. I was commenting yesterday how you can't have this type of combat in a ladder based system. Smart players will just cherry pick higher ranks. If it was switched to this I could probably just wait until Saturday morning to grind and still beat everybody. People would be crying about myself and Nicko even more than they do now.

OS
    iOS
    True you are the top players. Whatever that implies..

But everone could try. Wouldn't you agree? Or is it fine to you that few people enjoy and others suffer? And more people would have a go. Want an eternal, suffer. That is my overall standing.
    Personally, unfairness bothers me on all levels, so at least we can have a fair game. Oh if more people here just went through my school hahaha (whatever that implies haha)

This way it is now it's just not reachable for the most people at all. It's like 200 people are trying and if that is the point the game is done. One may just give the ball to each one to go and play themselves hahaha!

Uu, the final showdown arena for top 100 in a 24h period on sunday, live nah, too much?

OS
    Android
    i'm about rank 50 the whole week NEVER had the top 5 guys in my attacking list (only on my revenge list . Well it's only an indicator but all the other weeks it was similar so the lists are probably waaaay too narrow. Maybe its based on point difference, but this is really unfair i feel. This has to be adressed soon in a resonable way. Everyone has a big stuiggle to maintain his ranks only the few outstanding ones seems not to have such big issues due to skill and investment of course but also due to way less defenses in relation to their attacks.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.