Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    As you can see from my first thread my Holds stayed the same after the first night with GRE. Question is do people fear the mummy more and attack you less if he's in? Guess we'll find out. And who knows - if attacks spike may go back to old standby of Mummy, Troll, SSD, and Gimp - the most boring (yet effective) defense around...
    Don't have the talismans to bounce around like u do or the toons. Give it time,I'll try him again. All about synergy! Besides I sure as hell won't let 28 skill shards go to waste,plus he's a blast for farming!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Tex - got bored with my defense as well and changed it at reset. How often we're attacked is far, far, far more important to our rank than the small changes in Hold percentage from swapping toons.

So because it's out of our control how defense affects our rank (as number of attacks is the primary determinant), I put my GRE and AoF in and went badass
    This, and the importance of winning the coinflip along the other issues (OP and bugged chars), makes it hard for a casual+ player (without rng on your side ) to compete for a top rank \m/ \m/
    Örder of Eld: Sanctuary for players that can live without mandatory Discord-sessions and pow-wows

OS
    Android
    This week's stats for me. No prisoner.

Attacks 94% (137/146)
    Defense 31% (135/442)

Rank was over 2k. I was bouncing around 100 most of the week, but only had trooper time last couple of days so I dropped way down.

442 times was my highest amount of being attacked, which I assume is the new update. 370-385 is what the first weeks attacks were.
    Thursty-1116

OS
    Android
    Like some few players I still getting attacked more than 400 times EVERY F* WEEK...
    Im getting sick of it, really...

Last Week Stats (No prisoner):
    Attacks: 254
    Defenses: 424

I see new content and none fixes from so important issues like this one! This unbalances the arena so bad!!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter View Post
    This week's stats for me. No prisoner.

Attacks 94% (137/146)
    Defense 31% (135/442)

Rank was over 2k. I was bouncing around 100 most of the week, but only had trooper time last couple of days so I dropped way down.

442 times was my highest amount of being attacked, which I assume is the new update. 370-385 is what the first weeks attacks were.
    ShaolinLondo attacked others almost FOUR TIMES as much as you, yet was attacked just short of 100 times less. Neither of you have Prisoners.

Arena lists are still really screwed up...
    Last edited by Nicko; 03-12-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    My attacks were virtually identical to last week, and my defense attacks were down. If you care to know, review my last weeks results.

I attribute the reduction in defensive attacks to navigator souls, as people spent ironite on that versus SoW. Friday was SLOW! Assumed Saturday was going to be slow but the race for the top made it interesting.

I dont have the prisoner. Glad I didn't try for him. HA!

I had a 88 attack win streak going on Saturday, while I watched Enti pass me like I was nothing. I did lose when he/she was right around my score and was left in the dust. Congrats, that was something else to witness. I never would've thought 5th was possible for them. Still in shock.

Clearly going first isn't what matters, 88 win streak, as I don't have a prisoner, but have always invested in shards versus souls. Here's to those without a prisoner in the top 25! I also didn't spend on ironite. From beginning to end I was net -30 ironite, just to ensure I kept 7th versus 8th. So I easily could've been top 10 without spending on ironite. I've been somewhat lucky with drops though, while I've been playing since June/July, I've got HH, Troll, CG, and 20 other critical 5* toons. Rotation and adjustment to the competition is necessary to win.

I dont cherry pick. My approach is to clear my attack list for the bonus 2 SoW. So put that into perspective with my win streak, as the competition was top tier. Although nowhere close to 122 or so from gmac...Hats off man! Clearly Nicko and Jofer have that going daily.

I ended up 7th as I did have extended time to play this Saturday without pissing off the family.

I'll just end that the system drives a certain behavior, and I'm glad to oblige. I'll leave it at that.

The PVP event is good as it will drive for people to play and the rewards are worthwhile.

Week 5 should be interesting.

Cheers all, up the irons!

PS - Hoping to get the new Eddie. He is pretty cool. I did get 10 souls hoping to get him, but got nothing but dupes.

See ya in the arena.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CanyptianFit; 03-12-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Edits.

OS
    iOS
    Attacks- 93% 182/195
    Defense- 28% 103/369

Was only attacked twice as much as I attacked this week. That feels a little bit better than the first couple of weeks.

Havent started using the new talismans yet, but have run into a few teams that are using them pretty effectively. I do like them, but levelling them just adds to the pile of shit to do in this game.

Grind, grind, grind, gri.....zzzzzzzzzzz.......

OS
    iOS
    Okay so I promised in week 3's thread to share my thoughts on PVP. This is going to be a long post, be prepared.

History:
    During the first two weeks I really had no time to play pvp, my SoW filled faster than I could burn them (errands, I was moving, etc.). During week 3 I saw what a greatd new feature this is, and was excited to try myself out. I put a team together, tried to learn from other people's defense what does worth letting into the AI's hands. Problem was my offense could mostly win when I was the one starting the battle. Like 75% of my attacks in which I came second was lost. I even started taking notes whether offense or defense starts the battle - 3 days of daily 50-60 attacks showed me that I'm starting with around 42% chance, which is ridiculous. Then I saw you guys have 90-95% win rate (not to mention Nicko with his godly 99%) and realized my team sucks BAD. I put together another offensive team, which proved to be way more powerful. Given that was already late Thursday, I let my rank be as high as other people would let me. But the team was strong and I had really good faith in it for week 4.

Goal and determination
    Just as PVP was reset last Saturday, I jumped in immediately. I wanted to prove to myself that I can reach #1 and beat whoever I have to to be on top. Then the harsh realization came that with work, gym, hobbies, friends, household stuff and so on, even if I have the energy, motivation and financials to feed myself Ironite, I will never be able to beat Jofer. I simply don't have time. This also has an effect on my future PVP. So what happened now, what people could see, that someone who was NEVER near top 25 simply rushed straight to #5 this week. Might've been a surprise, I can imagine. Hats off to Silentknight (not with capital K), was an amazing race and I won by just an inch (5 points)

Defense
    During the week I was attacked 424 times from which my def was broken in 336 cases. Considering I was continuously in top 10 throughout the week, taking into consideration that some points were lost at the beginning and some from players with way more points than I had, if I were to calculate with avg 19 points lost per defeat, I had to compensate for 6 384 points lost. That is immense, and many people are complaining about this. You are totally right, this is something so critical that NF must do something about.
    People surely don't get discouraged anymore about Mummy, Prisoner, SSD, Troll defense combo, so I will have to do something about it. Also, I do lack a serious army of talismans with which I could improve my def rate, and I will be focusing on this more in the coming weeks. Good experience.

Attack
    I feel I do have a decent offensive team, most of the battles I fight last 2-3 rounds (SSD's buff or AoS's Invincibility makes it longer but sometimes I can circumvent this). I also dropped revenge after day 3 as I would only be losing more points should my def be broken (12 points won, 20 lost) - something I wanted to avoid. My biggest disappointment is the roster itself. When seeing the same 30 people coming up on my list it makes me feel sorry for them for attacking non-stop. Why on earth does it work this way? Jofer and Nicko rarely popped up, but I think I attacked Gmac, Chaosego, Silentknight and many others at least 6-10 times when I was PVPing heavily. This is purely nonsense. And Gmac - I was just in a battle with you when Arena reset after my victory, then the fresh list brought you first immediately.

Personal feedback & reward
    I did end up at 5th place. My 3 G/A souls gave nothing, and all 3 of my Shards went to other skills I wanted them to land on. Great. Spent 1500+ ironites for almost nothing. Also, from Thursday to Saturday I felt PVP becominng a mindless farming just as anything else in this game. Too much energy, too much time, too many ironites. Based on all of the above points and the end result, I won't be putting this much effort to PVP - will do the event of course, but I will not rush for skill shards. Not at least until I can pimp my defense.

TL;DR: PVP still needs lots of tweaks to be balanced and enjoyable so I won't make this rush again. And I'd share the eternal rewards for at least top 3, if NF congratulates and puts them on display.

Name:  week_4_pvp_enti.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  53.2 KB
    Last edited by Enti; 03-12-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    Enti-2694

OS
    iOS
    Nice! Congrats!
    Well, against other prisoners your troll is a week spot snd should do something wicked with talismans. Think what else do you have that'd help against pris teams and not suffer too much from non pris.
    Last edited by Caretaker; 03-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.

OS
    Android
    This week I finished at rank 11, didn't pay to much attention, haven't bought any SoW.

My team was the same as per week 1-3: V-King, Prisoner, CG, Red Troll.

I'm quite bored and sick of playing against mummies, guys please try out different Eddies.

Name:  stat.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  37.3 KB
    Daily player ...

Current champion - Iron Maiden Eddie