Threaded View

OS
    iOS

Week 5 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Week five down – and a pretty dynamic week!

This is wordy so bare with me

First – news of the day - Jofer finally appeared! Lots of mystery for the first four weeks – but he’s been pretty active here the last few days – so welcome and hope that continues!

As far as numbers, this should be an interesting week. With the special event a number of players thought attacks were up – it remains to be seen if that continues.

Attack Wins: 100% (780/782)
    Defense Wins 26% (150/569)

The Prisoner

A good deal of discussion has taken place here about how much of a difference the Prisoner makes. I will go on record and say – if he’s on your offense – it’s huge. In almost 800 matches – I lost twice. And I remember both times. One was to DJE – his GRE slaughtered my Gimp – triggering his AoF’s Passive – and that was it. Ironically – it was the same exact defense I was using! Lesson learned and necessary adjustments made . The other loss was to Compurocker. When it’s late and you’re clearing lists sometimes you do something stupid – and I took my Hellhound/Troll attack team for non-Prisoner teams in – and got quickly disposed of.

Other than that – not a single loss.

Defense? I think the new Talismans are making a difference. My defense hovered around 30% all week and the last two days nose-dived 4%. I expect plenty of non-Prisoner teams to have similar – or better – numbers. Brand new defense this week so we'll see how that goes .

Number of Attacks

I finished third, and this took a pretty high number of offensive attacks. Consequently I was attacked a lot. But there are still major imbalances out there greatly affecting the outcome. I’m sensing a great sense of frustration about this – and some like Patrice have even announced they’re stepping back until this is addressed. I would argue that there is no greater determinant of rank (given two players who are attacking the same number of times) as the number of times they’re attacked. Building a better defense has little weight if you’re competing against someone getting attacked 25% as much as you are. And I predict – with these new talismans – Hold rates will continue to drop – making number of attacks even more critical.

I personally feel the weight of these attack losses on rank needs to be reduced or eliminated until this bug is addressed. I’m going to continue to play – but not at the competitive level I have been. In my opinion it’s too frustrating and just not worth it. I’m with Patrice on this one.

A number of people have told me they don’t like sharing their win/loss percentages. That’s absolutely ok – but if you’d post number of times you attacked and were attacked that would be really helpful. And for those willing to share win/loss percentages, it will help to see if these talismans are indeed making a difference.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nicko; 03-19-2017 at 05:27 AM.
    Nicko-0517