Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I don't have an issue with the strike talismans.

If you think about them and the make-up it's easy to think of a counter.

"Fight fire with fire", but you have to now go into battle understanding if one of the enemies can have them and plan accordingly.

If the toon with strike is warrior class and you bring in 4 sentinels. Good luck, get what you deserve; Or if you bring in a bunch of glass cannons, same.

My 2 cents.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    Thank you mate for sharing. So I didn't really miss anything.
    Dealing with cyborg I found one single method: KILL IT WITH FIRE. Well, I mean I always try to get rid of him first before his fury meter fills, or I'm sure to have some smacking

Hahahahha! Thats the answer to many hard toons!

OS
    Android
    I am ok with the 35% it gives some defences a boost and it makes it so you have to actually think when you attack. Though i did wish you could see what talismans the defence has equipped so you could plan a little better rather then just assuming there is one that has it, and going forward 2, 3 or all 4 toons have it. The only thing that should be fixed is reflect and void shields triggering it again and again causing the infinite loop. If the devs are already looking into it I think that should be fine.

OS
    Android

My two cents, for what it's worth

Personally, I'm not a fan of the new talismans. That said, I'm struggling to gain the iron coins to get a set simply to have a level playing field. I have immunity and shell talismans for that same reason. The new talismans, lessen the value of some of the harder to get characters. Why worry about getting someone who counterstrikes a single opponent, when you can counterstrike the whole team. The proc rate for counterstrike is ridiculous (haven't encountered the talismans, but saw it's effects in LoL where the Lord of Light threw himself against my shield for 5 minutes until he finally killed himself. Not exciting to watch. At least they're working to fix the proc rate.

Other things. I've seen it posted where soon everyone will have tons of iron coins. I've been playing for four months and always struggling on the iron coins. I'm close to achieving the rent a champion 6,000 times (which takes a little over 4 months playing all troopers), so that should tell you I'm a serious grinder. I usually only play most of the free SoW, so by the end of the week there's not much left over if you buy out the store. That's good, and the way it should be. For those who have piles of them, that's great too, you've earned them. The biggest problem (aside from the current imbalance in game play), is the new talismans become an unattainable item for many. Anyone starting now has no way to get immunity or shell, and unless things change, the same will be true for the counterstrike and life talismans. People complain about seeing the same names on their lists all the time, yet when only a few are granted the overpowering ability to maintain the current ranks those lists aren't likely to change anytime soon.

Something I found funny, was a comment made by Jofer about gaming the current point system. Being on top, it's better to not play. I'm not on top by a long shot, although I'm currently showing a rank of 207 (not bad when I was reset back to somewhere in the 1400 point range). I've seriously been considering crippling my defense (currently at about 30%) to simply farm for iron coins. The rewards aren't that great for making it to top 100, and the closer I get, the more likely I end up with 1 iron coin instead of 10.

Finally, I have to ask as I haven't found any mention of it. Am I the only person that has a problem the prisoner blocking talisman effects? Is that the way his passive is supposed to work now?f

OS
    Android
    in regards to immunity and other talismans I am hoping the release of brave new world happens soon I thought all these talismans were going to be available there. Maybe when these talismans drop off it means we are a little closer to brave new world going live.

OS
    Android
    We can hope.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Finally, I have to ask as I haven't found any mention of it. Am I the only person that has a problem the prisoner blocking talisman effects? Is that the way his passive is supposed to work now?f
    Nope. Apparently that was a known bug during the update as well (or at least immunity talismans not blocking passive aggression).
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    From what I've seen in pvp, passive aggression blocks talisman effects. I'd seen that immunity to work against it, but haven't found where it says no talismans work.

If a character has the red X, energy talisman never works, invisibility talisman never works, blind talisman never works, void talisman never works, etc. All those are fairly high proc talismans. I can't believe that my luck with RNG is so bad, that in at least a dozen battles with prisoner teams where I've gone first, that no talisman effect would proc without it being blocked. His nerf only gave him the ability to block talisman effects as well as passives. I never had issue with him before as I have few characters with great passives. So, you learn to play without the passives to aid you. I've got a DD now, but liked him better before the nerf as well, even if prisoner blocked his ability.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    From what I've seen in pvp, passive aggression blocks talisman effects. I'd seen that immunity to work against it, but haven't found where it says no talismans work.

If a character has the red X, energy talisman never works, invisibility talisman never works, blind talisman never works, void talisman never works, etc. All those are fairly high proc talismans. I can't believe that my luck with RNG is so bad, that in at least a dozen battles with prisoner teams where I've gone first, that no talisman effect would proc without it being blocked. His nerf only gave him the ability to block talisman effects as well as passives. I never had issue with him before as I have few characters with great passives. So, you learn to play without the passives to aid you. I've got a DD now, but liked him better before the nerf as well, even if prisoner blocked his ability.
    Oh yeah, I definitely experience that. Was never able to proc invisibility while afflicted with the gimp's passive. Also, my Magus CR doesn't seem to steal effects under it either. It's totally borked for now. Hopefully the devs will fix it in the next update.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    I hope that Kaz's promise holds true and that there truly is something great on the horizon. My passion for this game is fading fast. Faced a Samurai Eddie in pvp who did 25,000+ points of damage to my SGS. I'm all for the affinity advantage, but it's getting ridiculous with some of the damage dealing. Another battle had The Nomad with counterstrike. Hits once and the characters dead. Faced another one and managed to stun him, so I won that round. But that's just garbage. It almost seems like NF is doing everything they can to run the game into the ground.

The new talismans only make it worse. Pvp is becoming more less a coin toss, and that's not very exciting. I'd much rather see some improvements on the AI, then a repeat of taunt fest, or the winner of the coin toss kills the other team in one round. How hard is it to make the AI not attack invisible toons when there's one standing right next to him on the edge of death. For Magus CR it might make sense, but they all do it. Make the defense scriptable, so I can tell them how to play. There's got to be something better than the way it seems to be headed.

I'm doing my best to stay motivated and make sure all my trooper badges are taken care of. But, after only 4 months, I can see why so many of the long time players are giving up. Every update is a new set of bugs, and they add new stuff that only takes away from the challenge and enjoyment. I didn't like mummy/ssd combo's, but I'd face them over and over without immunity and could still pull a win out of it most of the time. Who wishes for a HH when you can just use talismans. It's frustrating hoping you get the character you want, but when you're just handed their abilities you don't need them anymore.

I'm going to try and hold out a little longer, but I'm very quickly losing hope.