Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on a few questions/subjects from the thread . . .

• While I understand that not everyone is excited by the Newborn of Light character, there definitely are some people who are missing this 4 star and would like to have it, either to fill out their collection or to use in PVP (this is a character with a very strong win rate in PVP, which was part of the reason we picked it). As we mentioned in the past, we want to use the fragments feature for players to be able to collect various characters, and that includes all rare characters, not just the absolute rarest. . .

Overall, this event is definitely an experiment, as we look to find new ways and methods to deliver characters and prizes to players, and ways we can run more kinds of events with the amount of characters and talismans we're able to produce. We definitely are still interested in your feedback, but please keep in mind that there are many kinds of players out there, and sometimes things like events are meant to target/reward different kinds of players.
    I'm definitely a huge fan of this event! The Warrior Newborn is the only LoL character I'm missing, so I'm happy to have a guaranteed chance to get him.

But, even if I already had him, I strongly support these continued experiments to find new ways of delivering characters. Given my current inventory, I'm sure I'll like some experiments more than others. But, others with different inventories will obviously have different preferences. Hopefully, a large number and variety of events will allow everyone to be happy. Keep them coming!

druid138-6195
    Last edited by druid138; 06-14-2017 at 01:07 AM.

OS
    iOS
    I still have that newborn, and still sacrifice many of them, but i like this event! First because those who havn't this character can get one (and he is very need for pvp...) and second because it's a way for me to get essence for sacrifice (the better way to get extra skillshards)
    Thanks for the event!

In regard to the next character tuning i hope for not to many or major changes.... i also hope for an adjustement for the eternals: buff beelzebub (more damages) and maybe the clairvoyant (more defense).
    dje-8079

OS
    Android
    I think this is funny. For weeks everybody in the Forum was screaming: "Why is everything about RNG!". Now obviously the NF-Team took that to heart and I completely agree since it is actually nearly impossible to have a full collection of characters if everything is about RNG. But now suddenly everybody is screaming: "WHY IS THIS EVENT ABOUT A SINGLE CHARACTER!". I think the event is exactly what everybody wanted: It is not about RNG but about a character. If you already have it, as I do, my tip would be: Don't participate. For neither will I. But I hope that NF will continue the idea and that through this we will be able to acquire characters we don't have yet.
    Inishmore-8627

OS
    Android
    I've been playing the game practically non-stop the past 2 months yet I have only managed to get 6 4* or 5* toons in the whole time through summoning. So an event like this was perfect for me as now I have a decent toon I didn't have before and may never have got. I doubt its a game changer but something is better than nothing. Now I have to work out if its worth the time to try to get another or not, if only as a way to gain a better sacrifice as I doubt a dupe would give me any other benefit.

Inishmore is spot on. I too hope there are other events for different characters in the future and so its not all about luck. For others If you don't like it or want or need another NBOL, then don't participate in the event perhaps? Just a thought
    Last edited by thealchemist; 06-14-2017 at 06:02 AM.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS

Keep the events coming

Just thank you Sparton
    Ingame name : heavy-3412
    Don`t use troopers daily anymore

OS
    iOS
    Funny how people tend to forget there are others in this game...
    There are thousands of players out there, I think a very high % don't have this character offered. The LotB players can basically be divided to two groups: those who have it, and those who don't.

For players already owning this character, the event is a good way to work on the achievements "Claim Fragments" and "Fragment Finder" (mind you, I'm currently at fragment finder XII where you need 8k fragments, and I think it's still not the last tier!), also to fill the vortex meter with dupe NBoL and to evolve some of your Sent/War/Mage characters from the materials obtained from LoL. Moreover, the massive amount of regular souls obtained can be used and sacrificed for SoT, SoW and Rare Souls, which I always liked.

For those who don't have this character, this is a great opportunity to have an essential character for PvP. They will be happy when they claim their first NBoL.

Personally I will not buy any refills for the event, I do have the character and the best I could get out of this event is filling the vortex meter with exalted sacrifices, yielding me a skill shard or 2 G/A soul, which in turn would be dupes again, so it is not worth the ironite with my roster. But I do support this event as you either win big, or nothing if you don't participate, but no one is made worse off.

On another note, I am not familiar with coding and development, but this event in my opinion did not require that much of work put into if devs could just alter the Immortal Soul Event rewards/fragments and drop rates to this one. If this really is the case, players are given something to be occupied with while devs are working on bug fixes and BNW, some extra time bought. I do agree the talisman pack in shop are bit overpriced and money oriented, but then again as Sparton said, some players now have a chance to get those otherwise completely unavailable.

I say good job NF, stay the course, load us with events we can be happy about. I hope we get something special for global lauch birthday soon, maybe a giveaway, or an event as rewarding as the Immortal Soul one.
    Enti-2694

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    There are thousands of players out there, I think a very high % don't have this character offered. The LotB players can basically be divided to two groups: those who have it, and those who don't.

For players already owning this character, the event is a good way to work on the achievements "Claim Fragments" and "Fragment Finder" (mind you, I'm currently at fragment finder XII where you need 8k fragments, and I think it's still not the last tier!), also to fill the vortex meter with dupe NBoL and to evolve some of your Sent/War/Mage characters from the materials obtained from LoL. Moreover, the massive amount of regular souls obtained can be used and sacrificed for SoT, SoW and Rare Souls, which I always liked.

For those who don't have this character, this is a great opportunity to have an essential character for PvP. They will be happy when they claim their first NBoL.

Personally I will not buy any refills for the event, I do have the character and the best I could get out of this event is filling the vortex meter with exalted sacrifices, yielding me a skill shard or 2 G/A soul, which in turn would be dupes again, so it is not worth the ironite with my roster. But I do support this event as you either win big, or nothing if you don't participate, but no one is made worse off.

On another note, I am not familiar with coding and development, but this event in my opinion did not require that much of work put into if devs could just alter the Immortal Soul Event rewards/fragments and drop rates to this one. If this really is the case, players are given something to be occupied with while devs are working on bug fixes and BNW, some extra time bought. I do agree the talisman pack in shop are bit overpriced and money oriented, but then again as Sparton said, some players now have a chance to get those otherwise completely unavailable.

I say good job NF, stay the course, load us with events we can be happy about. I hope we get something special for global lauch birthday soon, maybe a giveaway, or an event as rewarding as the Immortal Soul one.
    best post in this thread.
    Ingame name : heavy-3412
    Don`t use troopers daily anymore

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    Enti

Well... Group three reports here: those who don't own the character (though HAD it in the past) and NOT want to own it again... Yesterday got 80 fragments of WNBOL, converted them to 17 fragments (very nice rate!) of precious soul... Afterall everything ended sacrificed

@ Devs: So... Now every character 4* and above will be having their own separate events and chances to buy their fitting talismans in the store? The idea of events is cool, but please pick the characters more wisely, not for just collecting purposes, but really USEFUL... Thank you

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    iOS
    I can live with the event. It's not hurting me in any way. The store thing bothers me though. I wasnt playing and missed shell and immunity talismans. I know that's my fault for not being around. But news on BNW is hush hush for some reason and there's no other way to get them. Putting them up for sale is P2W. That's fine if that's what the game is all about, but this is supposed to be better than that.

The following is from a Q&A with the dev teal prior to release. Granted, lotb Matt is no longer around, but I wouldn't think the philosophy would've changed because of that.

u/flatcap_monty• Apr 8, 2016
    When I saw that there was to be an Iron Maiden game I was dead excited, but then I saw that it was "free-to-play."
    I really want to believe in this, as Maiden are my favourite band, but I am concerned that the nature of the game is going to require the pumping in of constant real-world cash to make any progress. Are you able to assuage these doubts?

u/Matt_LOTB • Apr 8, 2016
    Hi flatcap_monty!

Let me try to assuage your fears. Yes, the game is a free to play experience, however, none of us on the dev team are a fan of hard line, abusive monetization systems that milk you for cash in order to keep playing. We wanted to make a game that you could play complete from beginning to end without ever spending a cent and still have a great experience. There will be in app purchases in the game, and they will serve to accelerate your progress, but we didn't want to go the route of pay to win.

The members of the dev team all grew up on classic console games, and our objective here is to make a fantastic game that honours the legacy and quality you've ome to expect from Iron Maiden. that's been our goal from day one, and we hope you feel that we've succeeded when the game releases.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post

@ Devs: So... Now every character 4* and above will be having their own separate events and chances to buy their fitting talismans in the store? The idea of events is cool, but please pick the characters more wisely, not for just collecting purposes, but really USEFUL... Thank you

Cheers,

W
    I use warrior nbol all the time onnoffense due to the ability to revenge and remove beneficials.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy