OS
    Android

Golden Son v Rocket Dog Warriors

Hi, I'm pretty new to the game, only up to the Battlefield so far and don't play particularly frequently so progress is slow.

Having done a little reading I've heard good things about Mummy Eddie so I've been levelling him up - he's still 3* but closing in on being able to Evolve him to 4*. I do still need the Future thingee to get his taunt ability.

I've been chopping and changing his allies based on what I've got and have just pulled a bunch of Souls which has left me unsure whom best to use. I've pulled a Magus Allied Solder whom I hear is really good so I think that's one ally, for the other I'm down to 2 choices, both Warriors - Rocket Dog, or Golden Son.

Rocket Dog has an AoE basic Attack which Bleeds, a power move (right term?) that can stun, and IMO most importantly - the Lifesteal Passive (Bloodthirst). He's also a 4* (one of only 2 that I have, with the green harpy that seems to be a freeby...)

Golden Son is a 3* but also seems to have potential - and seems to do more damage which is a little lacking I think.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated!

OS
    Android
    I don't have a rocket dog but I have used one before through a trooper and it hit pretty hard while inflicting the bleeds. I like the variation of its power skill being able to target a single enemy with good potential to stun for variation of strategy, whereas the Golden Son's power skill isn't that much different from its basic attack IMO. And a passive helps although I haven't been able to gauge how well the lifesteal one works compared to most other passives. I'm far from an experienced player compared to others on here but personally I'd go with the rocket dog. I wish I had one. I also wish I had one of those harpys!

Magus Allied Soldier is a good support toon, I used it yesterday to help me clear the LOL X mission, his shield came in very handy helping to finished off a couple Newborn of Lights and Golden Sons through reflected damage So you have the basis of a solid team there I'd say.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherusNZ View Post
    Hi, I'm pretty new to the game, only up to the Battlefield so far and don't play particularly frequently so progress is slow.

Having done a little reading I've heard good things about Mummy Eddie so I've been levelling him up - he's still 3* but closing in on being able to Evolve him to 4*. I do still need the Future thingee to get his taunt ability.

I've been chopping and changing his allies based on what I've got and have just pulled a bunch of Souls which has left me unsure whom best to use. I've pulled a Magus Allied Solder whom I hear is really good so I think that's one ally, for the other I'm down to 2 choices, both Warriors - Rocket Dog, or Golden Son.

Rocket Dog has an AoE basic Attack which Bleeds, a power move (right term?) that can stun, and IMO most importantly - the Lifesteal Passive (Bloodthirst). He's also a 4* (one of only 2 that I have, with the green harpy that seems to be a freeby...)

Golden Son is a 3* but also seems to have potential - and seems to do more damage which is a little lacking I think.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated!
    I would definitely go with the Rocket Dog. Offers you much more variety. I do have a Warrior Golden Son but actually would prefer to have a warrior dog. Allied Soldier also a character to level. Really helpful against heavy hitting characters and the green harpy is IMO one of the strongest AoF characters. It hits - though nerfed - still pretty hard and its immunity power move can save the life of a buffed trooper.
    Inishmore-8627

OS
    iOS
    An old Troopers Rocket Dog helped me get through the game and when I got my own be helped me so much for farming levels and early PVP.

His stun from power move and his passive are great and will help you get through so many levels. You can't go wrong if you do level him up.
    I shoot the gunner first.
    Aces High, Cyborg, Doomsday, Hallowed, Navigator, Tailgunner, Soldier
    Beast, Eternity, Iron, Killers, Rainmaker, Storm, Vampire Hunter
    Alexander The Great, Coalgiver, Clansman, Eddie, phantom, Run To The Hills, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper
    Bass, Carriage Rider, Crusader, Edward The Great, Grim Reaper, Mystic, Seventh Son, Shadow Wickerman, Speed of Light, Wicker Man
    Benjamin Breeg, Fear of the Dark, Final Frontier, Mummy, Piece of Mind, Pharaoh, Viking, Visions

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the responses - I've now gone ahead and levelled up the Rocket Dog - loving him! He's allowing me to get through the wall I had hit in content!

Thanks for the comment re: the Green Harpy too as I really didn't think she was any good, seemed to hit VERY softly, but maybe I need to have a closer look at her again.