Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

OS
    iOS

Is it just me?

Ever since the last 'real' event, the Sacrifice one I believe, I've notice rewards from all aspects of the game have gone to shit. It's been over a month since a skill shard or even a regular soul has dropped in a Quest Location. One regular soul has dropped in LOL. No Skill Shards there either. Barely any of the new junk shards have dropped anywhere. I've just notice that lately I'm not getting anything. I have a rule where I don't spend cash until I get an actual toon rewarded to me that I need. I broke it on the Sacrifice Event because I was getting decent drops all around and it balanced out because I actually got Eternity Eddie the next day. But since that week the game just nose dived rewards wise.

Which brings me to another thing. I think in the entire year of playing this game I have never gotten a single toon I've kept from a Legendary Soul. I get no more excited about those than the petty ones. Almost all of my good drops have come from increased drop rate events. At this rate I know the only thing keeping me here is my love of Maiden. Never have I played a mobile game longer than a week. So yeah, it's all Maiden.

So, is it just me with the super long bad luck streak?
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    I haven't noticed much of a change, if any, on anything except low tier Sacrifice rewards. It seems like 99 Regular Souls would regularly yield 3-5 Rare Souls at the altar. These days, I'm happy to get just 1-2.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post
    Ever since the last 'real' event, the Sacrifice one I believe, I've notice rewards from all aspects of the game have gone to shit. It's been over a month since a skill shard or even a regular soul has dropped in a Quest Location. One regular soul has dropped in LOL. No Skill Shards there either. Barely any of the new junk shards have dropped anywhere. I've just notice that lately I'm not getting anything. I have a rule where I don't spend cash until I get an actual toon rewarded to me that I need. I broke it on the Sacrifice Event because I was getting decent drops all around and it balanced out because I actually got Eternity Eddie the next day. But since that week the game just nose dived rewards wise.

Which brings me to another thing. I think in the entire year of playing this game I have never gotten a single toon I've kept from a Legendary Soul. I get no more excited about those than the petty ones. Almost all of my good drops have come from increased drop rate events. At this rate I know the only thing keeping me here is my love of Maiden. Never have I played a mobile game longer than a week. So yeah, it's all Maiden.

I notice the Talisman cache and hoard have gotten worse. I don't play the Hoard everyday. I have enough freeze Talisman, thanks lol.

I've probably gotten two skill shards off the skull quests in the last month.
    Eskiggalu-8063

OS
    Android
    So, it wasn't only me that noticed this. Today for a first time in many days I played the skull quests I got my first skill shard. I think you are right about this shit.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    Last week I got 2 skillshards from SQ, one was from talisman horde, the first one there. But it is annoying that you only get freeze or death talisman from there, not even ironite being the most challenging SQ.

OS
    Android
    Hey -- just wanted to chime in because in these threads we tend to only hear from one side. For my part the past 2 weeks or so have been extremely rewarding, more so than the previous 3 months I'd say. Culminating with getting Samurai Eddie, whom I'd wanted forever, not from the legendary soul fragments (that was a dupe), but from the 20 souls I bought to get them! Go figure.

Plus more than usual 4 stars, some even non dupes, and a bunch of skill shards from SQs, including one from the Talisman Horde yesterday. It's by no means frequent and at one point I'd almost given up on that SQ (I'm drowning in talismans), but it's still worth a try.

There are tails in any normal probability distribution, on either side of the mean. No doubt I was one of the lucky ones this time. I've just seen another thread from the same place: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...56-Holy-Smokes!

Best,
    ovy

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ovy View Post
    Hey -- just wanted to chime in because in these threads we tend to only hear from one side. For my part the past 2 weeks or so have been extremely rewarding, more so than the previous 3 months I'd say. Culminating with getting Samurai Eddie, whom I'd wanted forever, not from the legendary soul fragments (that was a dupe), but from the 20 souls I bought to get them! Go figure.

Plus more than usual 4 stars, some even non dupes, and a bunch of skill shards from SQs, including one from the Talisman Horde yesterday. It's by no means frequent and at one point I'd almost given up on that SQ (I'm drowning in talismans), but it's still worth a try.

There are tails in any normal probability distribution, on either side of the mean. No doubt I was one of the lucky ones this time. I've just seen another thread from the same place: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...56-Holy-Smokes!

Best,
    ovy
    No lately the drops have been amazing, just this week after ditching around 120 Rare Souls I ended up with Viking, Samurai, Visions, Mystic, 4 CR, 2GCR, 3 MCR, Green harpies, GCOTB, Death Dog, Nomad, CG, Navigator and more... Of course all dupes that's because I have most of the toons i want... Of course these resulted from Legendary Souls from the fragments, Scarifices and Vortex, but RNG is improving for some ;-)
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    I think things have been a bit better for me. I regularly get Skill Shard from Quests - usually four or so a week I would say. Also getting decent other loot from these too - other than maybe the last one which is usually just a single Talisman of no consequence. On the current event a spent a fair bit of my ironite on Rare Souls and got decent hauls from these and from the resultant Legendary Souls - lots of dupes of course but decent ones - I got a 2nd Shaman and Mystic as well as other decent toons to sacrifice - I even got a GCR at last but really she is the only keeper of the bunch - but still compared to my previous luck I will take this!

Over the last few weeks I also got other decent RNG and got a Aces High and Tailgunner which I did not have.

I still have not spent real money on the game in a while as that never worked fro me so just do not do it unless there are guarantees on what you get!

It is still a grind and PVP and my troopers are the draw - the events have been decent and I quite liked the challenges recently - at least it was a little something that was different. They do really need to get on with new real content though and I really do hope that BNW and Night City get a roll out soon as I could do with something fresh in the game to look at. I have to say though I really do not have loads of time to even look at playing with my new characters all that much and I do want to!

PVP is a classic case - I never, ever change my attack team as just cant be bothered much. I always end up about mid 90% on attack and somewhere in the high 20% or 30% for defence given that I am rarely in the top 100 over the last few weeks as I just cant be bothered giving up too much time on a Saturday to climb. I kind of hope they revisit the reward in PVP to make it really better for the top 100 or top 200 maybe - it may draw more folk in but I guess they do the number crunch analysis every week to see how it is all playing out across the full player spectrum.

Does anyone know how many daily/weekly players there are on average?
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Had 53 skill shards saved over a bit more than month this morning, just spent 13 of them on relatively "cheap" toons (Undead Rescuer (ikr) and Pharaoh Dog).

18 of them from troopers (didn't covert those 90k badges yet), 7 from a vortex spin, about as much from PvP reward/shop, rest (about 20) from skull squests (including talisman hoard).

I'm not sure where to spend those 40 leftovers, will probably keep saving until that "very special serie of character fragment events" mentioned by Kaz, or if I get my Clairvoyant.

About toons, over the same period mostly dupes but Alliance General and Death Dog I believe. Still missing 7 natural 5 stars (1 magus, 2 warriors, 3 assassins and 1 gunner), 2 eternals and Coalgiver.

Long story short, can't complain given what I already have. Actually glad I still have stuff to look forward to. The odds being so bad now though, I'm not spending any $$$ in current event.
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post

No it's not just you, hang in there.
    There are a few guys(mostly the same and dunno why) that get lucky from time to time and the rest of us get shit all the time.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.