Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I think that first video illustrates one of the most annoying bugs I see - his Eddie could have used his Fury but didn't. I don't think it would have made a difference here - the shields were up and the game was pretty much decided by that point - but in other cases it does.

It's frustrating knowing our defenses are blowing opportunities like that!
    Cool videos, Nicko! As you said the AI is actually an artificial BS here. I have used many defense teams in my attacks and almost always won but when I can't control the game those teams are just squashed when used as defense. VHE is a monster, I wish I had 20 something Skill Shards right now, I would slap them all on him
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    Cool videos, Nicko! As you said the AI is actually an artificial BS here. I have used many defense teams in my attacks and almost always won but when I can't control the game those teams are just squashed when used as defense. VHE is a monster, I wish I had 20 something Skill Shards right now, I would slap them all on him
    Thanks Bradata!

He's great - but needs the right team or he goes down easy. It's also a lot of skill shards for basically a couple skills. But while I put this team together kind of as a joke - it's been complimenting him pretty well. He's protected while he does all the heavy lifting. Not a Saturday speed team by any means - but better than I thought!
    Nicko-0517

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I think that first video illustrates one of the most annoying bugs I see - his Eddie could have used his Fury but didn't. I don't think it would have made a difference here - the shields were up and the game was pretty much decided by that point - but in other cases it does.

It's frustrating knowing our defenses are blowing opportunities like that!
    It should blow that opportunity a lot less in an upcoming update. There was a scenario where characters would not use their Fury which we have made a fix for, but are still putting it through it's paces with QA to ensure it's cleanly fixed.

OS
    iOS
    Awesome videos Nicko !
    Same for me, do not hesitate to take a video if you fight versus my team

Ps: your assassin Eddie is very badass

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    It should blow that opportunity a lot less in an upcoming update. There was a scenario where characters would not use their Fury which we have made a fix for, but are still putting it through it's paces with QA to ensure it's cleanly fixed.
    This is actually great news. Now that a fix for AI using Fury moves is coming, will we be getting a tweak to the general PvP AI at some point or do you guys feel it's where it should be?
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    This is actually great news. Now that a fix for AI using Fury moves is coming, will we be getting a tweak to the general PvP AI at some point or do you guys feel it's where it should be?
    We will be looking to improve the AI wherever we can when the opportunity arises. It's a bit of a balancing act of limited resources at the moment though, between upcoming features and new content. It will eventually become the focus, just perhaps not in the immediate short term. Believe me, I want my defense to not derp just as badly as everyone else

-Kaz

OS
    Android
    Hey Nicko, sorry if I'm bothering you, would you record a video vs my def team too? 😃

OS
    iOS
    Ok - will do these as I see them - I know I fought some of you guys today - def DJE - but hadn't looked at this...will check back here and there - maybe a separate thread? I know it's fun seeing how your defense performs. Or maddening, depending on your perspective

Haven't seen you today Dave Murray (heard you a few times though )

Mjm - finally ran into you. Best fight out of the three I've recorded because

1) You went first

2) I violated my "Don't take the team of morons against Prisoners" rule

Enjoy!

Last edited by Nicko; 07-22-2017 at 03:30 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Pretty epic fight. I need to shard VHE and GUAS. Those two chars really get shit done on offense! Glad to see my team wasn't completely mindless. It's very different in "test defense" mode. That's some high quality footage you got going on there too. What software are you using?
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    iOS
    Your team did well! Prisoners usually target VHE and in this case he was down for half the fight.

I've liked the Gunner UAS ever since I'd faced him on Sparton's team. The Sentinel Allied Soldier also has the crazy heals and cleanses instead of shields - so he may be even more useful - but if you can keep him untaunted and keep feeding him power, those heals and shells on the G UAS really create a fortress. It's a role the blue CotD does pretty well most of the time.

If someone already has GRE sharded they may need to think long and hard before dumping the 27 shards or so into VHE. They're very similar. Neither do true damage on their basic - both retrigger on their basic - both are fairly fragile - both revive the team with their fury. VHE can revive an ally (70% chance) with his power move, GRE can heal himself with one of his basics (VHE has no heal). GRE minces Nomads and AoFs, VHE obliterates Gimps and GCRs. Both great - but unless one is a shardoholic like I am one of the two would probably suffice.

The software I use is called Screenflow. Super simple to use and records right from your phone. It looks like it's Mac specific.

https://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm
    Last edited by Nicko; 07-22-2017 at 05:07 AM.
    Nicko-0517