Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Ugh! Got in from traveling mjmxiii and saw your name was on my list. Set up recording and it didn't work! (I went first anyway so not a great battle)

Then played Kamuz and the CotD got his ass kicked

Time for dinner...will get it next time...and usually don't take this team vs Gimps but will do it just for fun

Edit: Now just played Iceman (another team i wouldn't normally use this team for due to the SSD/Wrath combo) and that didn't work either - thinking it's the cord...bummer...cause was a fun fight
    Last edited by Nicko; 07-20-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Ugh! Got in from traveling mjmxiii and saw your name was on my list. Set up recording and it didn't work! (I went first anyway so not a great battle)

Then played Kamuz and the CotD got his ass kicked

Time for dinner...will get it next time...and usually don't take this team vs Gimps but will do it just for fun

Edit: Now just played Iceman (another team i wouldn't normally use this team for due to the SSD/Wrath combo) and that didn't work either - thinking it's the cord...bummer...cause was a fun fight
    Lol, just saw that you won against my team, wow Nicko, impressive that you won using the CoTD...respect indeed. Would have loved to have seen that fight. Do you mind telling me what other toons you used?

OS
    iOS
    Not the greatest examples because I went first.

Basically realizing that the Smurf CotD is a support toon for immunity - I built the team around VHE. CotD provides immunity, steals energy for first round shields, and occasionally freezes. Undead Gunner Soldier provides crazy heals and shields. Red buzz blocks until the shields can go up. And VHE is simply a beast. Not the fastest team - but a good way to keep a weakling like Magus CotD alive.

The success rate has been surprisingly good. Like I said - usually don't take it against Gimp teams or Wrath/SSD teams - so glad I went first for both of you guys It even has faired ok against teams that depend on Void shields.

I think I win every 1 out of 3 fights against Kamuz - to me he has the single toughest defense in PvP. I've tried single hit strike high damage toons - Immunity toons like Artillery Dog - revivers - and this silly team. It doesn't help that - and I'm not exaggerating - I don't think I've ever gone first and Wrath always goes first. But this team beat him twice in a row - then lost - so I tried a different team a few minutes ago - and it got destroyed. I'll likely go back again with this team when I see him and if it gets crushed then back to the drawing board. The CotD is a weak link because he provides immunity against Beelze - but he's AoE and the strikes come soaring back. When your Energy is stolen, your buffs are removed, and you're covered in flames - well - not much you can do

This team depends on CotD stealing power. It happens almost every time - but when it doesn't - things get dicey. I had a sloppy hit in the fight against Patrice and was a smudge away from Buzz dying because I didn't have shields (though VHE usually revives him). Was glad he stole Endure.

In any event, this has been a really fun experiment in a pretty dull LotB period. I may even bring this team out after this week on occasion - who knows...

On to your vids

Patrice:

Last edited by Nicko; 07-21-2017 at 03:55 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    IceManFerrar:

Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Wow, amazing videos, Nicko, thank you so much. That is cool to see the teams in action and watch your attack strategy. Was really awesome to watch, thanks again!

I haven't faced Kamuz in a while, so not sure how his defense team is laid out, will definitely pay attention if I see him in the Arena.

The teams that give me the most grief are the GRE/Wrath/AoF/(SSD or Nomad) teams. I tried with Pharaoh, Clair, Buzz, and SSD, still lost. Wrath went first and removed Guard and Endure, and then I was a goner.

Sigh, need to pick up some pointers in your videos above.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post
    Wow, amazing videos, Nicko, thank you so much. That is cool to see the teams in action and watch your attack strategy. Was really awesome to watch, thanks again!

I haven't faced Kamuz in a while, so not sure how his defense team is laid out, will definitely pay attention if I see him in the Arena.

The teams that give me the most grief are the GRE/Wrath/AoF/(SSD or Nomad) teams. I tried with Pharaoh, Clair, Buzz, and SSD, still lost. Wrath went first and removed Guard and Endure, and then I was a goner.

Sigh, need to pick up some pointers in your videos above.
    I doubt there are many pointers there - other than keep VHE alive and he'll do the rest. My favorite Eddie right now...wish his AI was better.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    I think that first video illustrates one of the most annoying bugs I see - his Eddie could have used his Fury but didn't. I don't think it would have made a difference here - the shields were up and the game was pretty much decided by that point - but in other cases it does.

It's frustrating knowing our defenses are blowing opportunities like that!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I just realized that I've been playing the game with the sound off for months
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I think that first video illustrates one of the most annoying bugs I see - his Eddie could have used his Fury but didn't. I don't think it would have made a difference here - the shields were up and the game was pretty much decided by that point - but in other cases it does.

It's frustrating knowing our defenses are blowing opportunities like that!
    Nicko if you got time please record one with my defence too and post it here, i want to laugh with how lame it is.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    iOS
    You're not on my list so far but when I see you happy to do so!
    Nicko-0517