Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Possible PvP exploit?

I know this should be in the pvp thread, but I wanted to put it here so it's more visible.

So, to the point, I had a pretty busy weekend and was unable to play between Saturday (a few hours before reset) until this morning. I owe all my troopers an apology there. In that time, I was attacked 50 times so far in pvp (We know about this bug already, it's old news) I have yet to make an attack for the new week and something occurred to me this morning. If I don't attack, I'll keep showing up on lists at lower ranks. My hold rate right now is 40% as opposed to my normal 15-18%. If I keep letting it happen for a few days, then once I attack I'll remain invisible (I think) until I get my attack number back up to where the defense number is.

I'm not a very competitive pvp player, so I may be wrong in thinking this is of any value. I get sick of playing it over and over, especially by Saturday evening, so im lucky to hold top 250 these days. I'm gonna try it and see what happens this week. I'm thinking if you can remain invisible on the last few days, you won't get hit by the higher ranked players.

If this somehow works really good, I'll let myself fall out of the ranking on Saturday. I'm not trying to take rank from anyone who worked for it. I'm just curious if it would work or not. I'm sure they're aware of it and working on a fix. But if it can be exploited, maybe it should move up on the priority list.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Very curious to see where this goes...
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    lol time for a pvp break
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    Android
    It might work but just up to a certain point.
    You may be holding attacks at the lower tiers but your team can only rank up to the point where your defense stops being effective enough to keep the momentum, also active players will start to drop your rank as they take the higher tiers by raking up points.

Anyway let us know how it goes.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    Android
    Yeah I was thinking something similar. Same thing for me, had family drop in unexpected this weekend & didn't play Sat or Sun(apologies to my troopers as well). Even made an ironite purchase, that pretty much ended up being worthless. It was my first time buying anything, so I just consider it a donation.

OS
    Android
    Same BS even after the last update that was supposed to fix the PVP list. 2 days ago I got attacked from a very low ranked player who didn't have a single 5* toon in his defense team and was 4th or 6th on the ranks. So from your post it looks like it gotten worst than from before the update, if you haven't played PVP you shouldn't be on the lists for attacks.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksteel View Post
    You may be holding attacks at the lower tiers but your team can only rank up to the point where your defense stops being effective enough to keep the momentum, also active players will start to drop your rank as they take the higher tiers by raking up points.

Yeah, I expect to be somewhere between 1000-2000 by wed or thur. If I wait long enough though I should be able to get at least 50-100 "invisible" matches before it catches up. It may all be pointless but I'm interested to see the result.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksteel View Post

Tried it just last week lol!
    By Wednesday if I wanted to remain afloat I had to cross the line... Interestingly had to go way above 10 fight over 1:1 thresholds for it to goes out "normal"
    Again... Unless holding at 50% rate & being suuuuper picky on who you attack, I seriously doubt you can pass half week going that way...
    Wish you good luck trying
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    Tried it just last week lol!
    By Wednesday if I wanted to remain afloat I had to cross the line... Interestingly had to go way above 10 fight over 1:1 thresholds for it to goes out "normal"
    Again... Unless holding at 50% rate & being suuuuper picky on who you attack, I seriously doubt you can pass half week going that way...
    Wish you good luck trying
    My plan is to stay at 0 attacks til the end of the week. I'm already sinking down pretty far but I doubt I'll go below 2000 or so. I don't really have any rank I'm trying to reach, I'm just interested in seeing how fast I can climb without having to worry about getting hit constantly. I'm missing out on the daily ironite bonus though so that kinda sucks.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    One funny observation so far. I don't know how many points I started the week with but I think 1900 is the max right? I'm pretty sure I didn't even make top 250 last week so I'm guessing I had less than that. Whatever it was, I'm just over 2000 points right now (ranked around 1100). So by not playing a single match I've gained points. That's messed up.
    MrFreeze-6530