OS
    Android

Is Raimmaker Eddie better with Resistance Talismans?

Just figured with all our new talismans out, Rainmaker Eddie might have a better shot of being useful in PvP or PvE in general. Since resistance talismans raise defense and MR by 30% of their attack and 30% of their magic damage, and a full set brings his defenses to 1972 each, would that make him a solid tank or would the lack of extra health still be his downfall? And would some combo of resistance and resilience fix that? If so, what would you prefer?

I don't have a rainmaker but I'm just throwing that question out there in case I get one soon.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

I asked the same thing, but was told he'd still be a glass cannon. I wouldn't mind trying though. I'm trying to get barrier sets for mine.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Just figured with all our new talismans out, Rainmaker Eddie might have a better shot of being useful in PvP or PvE in general. Since resistance talismans raise defense and MR by 30% of their attack and 30% of their magic damage, and a full set brings his defenses to 1972 each, would that make him a solid tank or would the lack of extra health still be his downfall? And would some combo of resistance and resilience fix that? If so, what would you prefer?

I don't have a rainmaker but I'm just throwing that question out there in case I get one soon.
    I actually have Resistance/Resilience/Health on my Vampire Hunter, and he seems to hold up nicely in BNW. Fortunately I also have Rainmaker at lv 100, so I could conceivably test with him. One snag: my Rainmaker is unsharded, and I'm not intending on ever sharding him.
    I suppose I should test by fighting my defense?
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by BonFire View Post
    I asked the same thing, but was told he'd still be a glass cannon. I wouldn't mind trying though. I'm trying to get barrier sets for mine.
    On paper it sounds good but the closest character I have to his stats is on my Eternity Eddie, and I have 2 sets of resistance on him. Mathematically, Rainmaker would have higher defense than Eternity with that amount. (Imagine that, Rainmaker has more defense than someone).

OS
    Android
    Pretty interesting, defense raised of his total attack would make it more equitable. Got it few days ago, lot of work to do, cheers
    PaquitoChep-9658 Alliance General*

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post

True Damage would down him in a heartbeat
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    True Damage would down him in a heartbeat
    True. Which likely would require some green talismans to have more balance.

OS
    Android
    the new purple talismans which boost 50% life are great for any True Damage glascannon. (Eternity Eddie or Rainmaker, Purple Harpy among others.
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

Right now, I have him with 2 Resistance, 2 Resilience, and 2 Immunity. He is lasting a lot more, he can actually take at least 2 bursts from GRE. That being said, he's weak. Though, probably could be a bit stronger by replacing Immunity with another set of Resilience.