Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnFire View Post
    My main complaint about these "Valkyries" is that they simply have nothing to do with Iron Maiden. Some dev in some post claimed they were inspired by The Longest Day, which is a song about the invasion of Omaha Beach during World War II. This song does briefly mention the Valkyries, but not in a literal sense. Valkyries were Norse goddesses that decided who would die in battle and who would live. The lyrics of The Longest Day:

"Valhalla waits, valkyries rise and fall
    The warrior tombs, lie open for us all"

refer to the sense of impending doom that the Allied soldiers felt as their small boats approached the shore, with soldiers dying before they even had a chance to get out of the boats. The mention of "Valkyries" was merely a metaphor for the seemingly arbitrary mass of death during that battle. There were no actual Valkyries at D-day, and Iron Maiden's reference to Valkyries in this song was purely metaphorical and did not at all imply there were actual goddesses on the battlefield deciding who would live and who would die. The devs just shoe-horned these characters into the game with no regard for Iron Maiden lore or literature.

On top of the fact that the characters themselves, being futuristic hentai sexdolls with guns for arms, do not remotely resemble the actual Valkyries of Norse mythology, they make absolutely no sense in this game which is supposed to be based on Iron Maiden's songs. And being that they do basically look like hentai sexdolls, their presence detracts from what could potentially be a great game. Adding these characters was a mistake in every possible way.
    "Futuristic hentai sexdolls with guns for arms"

Lol

Priceless
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    [...] and Iron Maiden's reference to Valkyries in this song was purely metaphorical and did not at all imply there were actual goddesses on the battlefield deciding who would live and who would die. [...]
    While I do see your point, I only partially agree. They weren’t “main” characters in the song but being metaphorical is not a reason to not use the character. Without wanting to start a religious discussion - the BEAST is also metaphorical. It stands for the tempting evil in mankind. There is no actual beast waiting for the poor lads believing there is and the GHOST of the navigator, well, though the majority of the English probably would disagree, there are no Ghosts. Harpys? No go. Clairvoyants? No, just con men or women. So applying the standard of actually having literally existed (or still exist) only Pharaoh, Mummy, Samurai, Shaman and Viking Eddies would live up to that requirement (and not as eddies of course) plus the Generals and Soldiers, Bomber Boys and Prisoners but that's about it.

So no disrespect meant but I have the feeling that people are kind of unfair concerning the Valkyries. They are part of a maiden song and therefore have their place in the game. However I do agree, that the picture of a Valkyrie in my head is very different from the - what you described perfectly - “futuristic hentai sexdolls with guns for arms” (I love this one) they are in the game.
    Inishmore-8627

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by calizario View Post
    She is the female version of Prisoner .. few have .. many complain
    Nah, prisoner looks like an annoying bug in front of her.

futuristic hentai sexdolls with guns for arms
    lol thanks for making my day.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    Android
    I don't have her but i don't think she is op. Purple val can be countered easy. I lost some fights because i was lazy and didn't switched toons and talismans. Most of battles i lost were caused by the game hanging. In the last week it affected me far more than before, with over 10 losses until now. I hope that the new update will solved it.
    mkultra-1058

OS
    iOS
    What are the the best toons to counter her?
    I shoot the gunner first.
    Aces High, Cyborg, Doomsday, Hallowed, Navigator, Tailgunner, Soldier
    Beast, Eternity, Iron, Killers, Rainmaker, Storm, Vampire Hunter
    Alexander The Great, Coalgiver, Clansman, Eddie, phantom, Run To The Hills, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper
    Bass, Carriage Rider, Crusader, Edward The Great, Grim Reaper, Mystic, Seventh Son, Shadow Wickerman, Speed of Light, Wicker Man
    Benjamin Breeg, Fear of the Dark, Final Frontier, Mummy, Piece of Mind, Pharaoh, Viking, Visions

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by calizario View Post
    She is the female version of Prisoner .. few have .. many complain
    Blasphemy! Don't ever compare "Futuristic hentai sexdolls with guns for arms" for the epitomy of what this game should represent, a character properly designed.