Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by drrchmnd View Post
    They next aspect of this would be the management item which I just touched on. Back about the beginning of the year the game play was starting to get pretty decent all the way around. Bugs were getting fixed and things were being smoothed out. Than it all changed like a light switch being turned off. Push for results regardless of quality of product started happening. And more and more bugs and issues started showing up but not being fixed unless they directly impacted a person's ability to play the game which further translates to be able to buy things.
    This strikes a cord with me for sure. I loved this game during that time, started a few months prior and was building up my arena team and just having an all around good experience. Maybe NF was riding the coat tails of previous management, when they finally took over, their lack of experience was on display, and the game nose dived. After the beginning of the year, arena dropped. Like I said in Nickos post this game just wasn't ready, I came in as a ghost and completely locked it down. The devs clearly were not happy and executed a series of system changes to slow down grinders, while swinging the nerf bat left and right. Total confusion and chaos on their part. The rest of the game suffered as a result, and it continues on.

I remember a Sparton post week 1 of arena defending the system they implemented by using me as an example when I passed Nicko basically saying any unknown can excel, so I think in the beginning they had gamers in mind and good intentions. Looking back, it's pretty hilarious now.

They destroyed the game by trying to destroy gamers from arena. The problem is other more popular games have hundreds of people just like me, they didn't want any single player winning so they went against the gaming grain instead of attracting more people and went with trying to invent a new PvP style system and meta strategy, which affected all aspects of the game and failed miserably.

Let the players play and give up on your broke ass PvP system, test your updates more thoroughly so less drastic changes are needed a few weeks later, this solves my main qualms. Maybe the game just has a planned life cycle through the tour and there is no long term plan, no end game, just get some cash and get out, money grab as you say. Sure seems that way, but I'll continue to hope and think otherwise and that they read these posts until I see the servers die.

If I didn't love the community and the potential of the game I wouldn't waste my energy on these forums. Some hate me, some love me, but for my love of everyone's passion for the game, I'll step in when needed and try to offer constructive criticism. Devs will listen, or run their cheap cash grab strategy while putting a stop to gamers, until this game officially sinks, depends on their end goal.

OS
    Android
    Beautifully stated drrchmnd. Your points are well... on point! Fixing these and the Trooper system would do wonders in my opinion. Take the game off line until it can be thoroughly fixed and roll it out again. Nodding Frog or it's management does not want to fix the game, but continue status quo until players leave and are replaced with newbies that will pay until they realize the game is broken and the cycle begins again.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Perfect, perfect, perfect post. Loved Jofers commentary also.

Only thing I keep thinking of in the past few months is how, with all the current bugs and broken shit in this game, could they have thought introducing a plethora of more talismans with BNW (which I currently pretend doesn't exist) was a good idea? "Hey, half of all the talismans and and special character moves don't work worth a pinch of owlshit, let's add more!"

Mind numbing.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by drrchmnd View Post
    Oh and the 1 year anniversary sucked hard...
    Took a while to get to this line but I laughed hard when I did.

Epic fucking rant. Fuck this game. We should all delete LotB from our devices!

...after we get Trooper Ed... and shard him... and go Eternal... and collect every toon ... and shard them.... ahh fuck it ...who my kitten?

Sanity tested. Test failed.

Might be insane but it'll be a cold day in hell before they force me to quit!

For all complaints
    You will submit
    You'll beg for changes
    And none you'll get!

"Boohoochild" from the classic album, "7th Bug of a 7th Bug"

Sing it Bruce! 😆
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    iOS
    This articles got some insight to this games development history.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/09/26/w...n-out-of-cash/

OS
    Android

Continuation and some info about the Companies involved in this game...

Crazypants, thank you for the link. It provided some rather good info.

And thank you everyone else who commented and such. Now for some follow up. Yes I am writing another rant about events in a few minutes.

Butr about the companies involved in IMLB itself. It is a little convoluted and complicated, but here is what I have dug up and so forth. There is some speculation in this but it is based on information available in the links already posted, linkedin, and the UK one I will post.

Ok, here we go.

There are 4 companies involved in this game. They are: Iron Maiden itself (mgmt company etc), 50cc, Roadhouse Games, and Nodding Frog. Iron Maiden and Phantom are input and such and really don't play much of a role other than to license the name etc. etc.. 50cc is as far as I can determine an I.P. Company aka Internet Presence Company. Very little about them that I have managed to find other than they predate - 2013 for 50cc- Nodding Frog -2014- and are supposed to be involved with some large names on the internet. Nodding Frog is probably a held company for 50cc. Meaning 50cc basically owns them but they are not the same company. Ceo is the same.

Roadhouse, which was based out of Vancouver BC, ran out of money last year due to change in online environment and companies changing what they wanted etc.. Roadhouse wrote the game and provided the initial developer work and related work. Nodding Frog, the game concept developer, took over the dev team in B.C.. This is what caused the couple 3 months of basically nothing happening in game than BOOM explosion of things. Most of which were not bug fixes. So during this time frame Roadhouse "became" Nodding Frog. Which of course means there were going to be the typical issues over compensation, who is in charge, management issues, and etc. etc.. This is all the normal items and issues after an incident like this happens. It also means that people probably left and there was turnover and so on.

From here we can pretty much all guess what happened. Things started to get settled down and there was implementation of a schedule of events, new areas/characters, and a hard budget. So we are probably stuck up against the budget aspect for bugs getting fixed and for the game to be profitable which provides us with a slew of insane/inane completion events and related. Those events are the lovely nickle and dime to make money since it is technically a free to play.

The following link provides some fascinating reading though. Especially when reading through the filling history and people sections. And yes this is publically available information that showed up in a search.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09321859

My second biggest complaint about the events and lots of new characters is really really simple. How "balanced" are these new characters to the existing ones. Answer: mixed. Plus last I heard this wasn't Pokemon where we have to catch em all.

My Biggest complaint is that the bugs aren't getting fixed. It's always fun to see the ones that are supposedly fixed show back up because of an event. This shows a lack of time to verify updates/events and a complete disregard for fixing existing issues.

I am going to reiterate something I said earlier: Why are we effectively at end of game with a game that is only a year and a half old. Where are the actual updates and continuation of the story? BNW doesn't count as an update because it is basically an upgraded lord of light dungeon.

And that I think will wrap this up. Now to go write the rant about events, nickle and dime, and related.