Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

OS
    iOS

Trooper Store Limits... the Final Nail in the Coffin...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post

That said, similar to the Arena Store, we intend that future valuable items that are added to the Trooper Store Tab will have limits for how frequent they can be purchased, so we want to encourage everyone to spend their reserves of Trooper Badges before those limits are enacted.
    I am so angry right now... You are killing what this game ended up creating... a community...

If this is the response to it takes too long too play all our Troopers then I don't want it! You are taking Troopers out of the equation and also not letting us decide what to do with our earnings. Weekly limits for the Arena Store make sense as the Arena system is based on a weekly competition but Trooper Store should not be impacted.

In the early part of this year you teased that Trooper Eddie would be available from Trooper points so a few of us have stopped spending Trooper Badges and started collecting with the occasional spend on a bunch of special coloured souls when a new character of that class was introduced. This system makes sure that we cannot do that anymore... Leave it up to us to decide when to spend!

Before these limits kick in, please tell us how much we need for Trooper Eddie and when it will be released you cannot ask us to spend all we have earned and then flash a Trooper Eddie option which will take months to gather. We have already spent the months! You did it with the Eternal Soul for those who were lucky enough to be part of the PVP Beta do it again for those who have been there since Day 1. And please let us decide at least in the Trooper store on how to dispose of our badges as this is part of our strategies.

I just don't get all the constraints that you guys are imposing on us lately, what is going on... look at all the old timers leaving... don't you read the signs???

We are throwing amazing suggestions after amazing suggestions in these forums and all we get in return is silence and nerfs... Pretty interesting to nerf a store when nerving characters is not enough anymore...

To be fair, you have immense allies with us here and you should use us. We understand you need to make money and we are for this too but be fair to us please.

Events seem to be the flavour of the season but what would be very appreciated is for you to post a timeline of upcoming events so we can plan our spending accordingly, how many players spent all their ironite on BNW Souls to find out that MUR was just the week after and could not participate...

Be transparent, communicate and help us plan... As Iron Maiden say there is a "Greater Good" and this one will benefit you as well, trust me!

“The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him in the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk, but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle." Well I feel i should go back to stable now...
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    I wouldn't call them a horse, I'd call them c**ts
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    Android
    I think it's becoming pretty clear that they just don't care to listen to their playerbase anymore.
    I don't get how they ended up with another so bad decision, just when you think that it can't get any worse..
    Last edited by DaveMurray; 09-12-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    Android
    The writing is on the wall for us Patrice. We just don't wish to read it.

I felt the exact same way about the changes to the store. NF does not want us to hoard. Use our resources to spend real money with no return. All they have to do is fix the Trooper system...
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    i get your anger guys, i felt the same, but let's see how this will work out first. sounds interesting for me at least. if they add some eternity frags to the store or some trooper eddie frags that could be cool.

call me an optimist, but this would be a good change. ofc it's much more likely that we might see some screw ups, but well who knows

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i get your anger guys, i felt the same, but let's see how this will work out first. sounds interesting for me at least. if they add some eternity frags to the store or some trooper eddie frags that could be cool.

call me an optimist, but this would be a good change. ofc it's much more likely that we might see some screw ups, but well who knows
    Their lack of info is pathetic as always! Don't really care if I blew all my trooper badges on skill shards cuz I'd only want Trooper Eddie if he's good in arena & that's a fuckin joke right now!!! As far as bug fixes...don't believe everything u read!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post

The game is designed for us to get 17500 badges per week and particularly I am only interested in skillshards ( let's say I am one of those who don't play PVP) , now every 2 weeks I would be able to get only 4 skillshards instead of 7, doesn't look fair to me. And of course I will get a pile of badges (7500 per week) because I don't care about any soul in the trooper store.

OS
    iOS

Trooper Shop Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    If this is the response to it takes too long too play all our Troopers then I don't want it! .
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to chime in to explain a few things regarding the reinstating of limits in the Trooper Shop.

First of all, this is not a change being made in isolation. There are many updates and changes to the game that will be rolling out over the next few months and these limits are just a part of balancing the flow of resources in the economy given those changes. Without getting into too much detail or revealing exact dates, here is a preview of some of the content and features related specifically to this change that we are in the process of developing:

1. We are in the process of looking at speeding up the use of Troopers, and of playing quests in general, which will increase the speed and ease of earning Trooper Badges.

2. There are more items coming to the Trooper shop within the next few months, including the long heralded Trooper Soul. Our current plan is to offer a one-time, high cost Trooper Soul as well as the farmable weekly fragment option. The price has not been finalized for this Soul, but generally speaking it should not exceed the cost of using 50 troopers over a 5 week period (i.e. between 40K-to-50K Badges) though this is tentative and could change. In regards to how much heads up you'll have about when to start saving up, we are also going to start advertising what events are planned for the month in the News Feed to give people a better idea of what's to come. In theory, by the time we announce the release of this soul, you should have enough time to save up for at least one pull or at least dramatically shorten the time it will take for it.

3. With many upcoming events, we are looking for ways to ensure all players have some way of working towards the event rewards outside of just using the ironite or souls they have on hand. To that end there will be many events which will be making more use of all 3 shops in the game in new ways (Arena, Troopers, and Gold Shops). For this to work, we need to make the shops more consistent with each other so that something like unlimited access to rare souls doesn't completely break the economy of the game as it will imbalance the value of various activities and game modes.

In short, with some of the upcoming changes, you'll still be able to earn the same amount of resources, if not much more, but you won't have to dedicate as much energy and time to things like using Troopers. Instead, via events and upcoming features, there should be more of a perceptible cadence to where you can ideally spend you time to maximize your rewards in the game. Yes, this does mean you can't hoard points to buy souls / shards in bulk, but this is also the reason we are communicating these changes now. If you have large stores of Trooper Badges saved up, you may want to consider spending them now as, outside of the aforementioned Trooper Soul, there won't be much reason to save them.

Hopefully that helps explain that particular change. Sparton and I will try and be around on the forums today to answer any additional questions regarding this or other updates from the patch preview notes.

Cheers,

-Kaz

OS
    Android
    Kaz, thank you. All of this sounds great, and the communication is excellent. Love the plans to speed things up with Troopers and farming, love the monthly event overview, and everything makes much more sense now.

No questions here. Good job. \m/
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    Many thanks for the detailed information, Kaz. It's definitely helpful and very much appreciated.
    Satan81-5023