Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I believe its Calizas first Eternal so, gratz on that.

There really isn't much to say about the state of PvP, but... its kinda sad that adjusting to meta changes is the only thing that makes it interesting these days. We have all grown use to its stale taste and either continue to slurp it up or have moved on. Sparton has stated that there is no talk of change to the way it works. Thats unfortunate because the feature is in desperate need of a major change. Whether that change is to the VP system, team composition or just a thorough and successful debugging, all three could be considered the one thing it needs most. Given the amount of time it has taken to reach its current state, I would much rather see NF start to focus their efforts on new content, to be completely honest.

I've found that the combo of AAD and Pris are a solid counter to the purple girl, but nothing seems to counter the use of Wrath, VHE, SSD and [insert random char here]. The only change, two Wraths, DM and [insert random Ed here]. I went 4/5 on Eternals but sacrificed my 2nd Wrath just to ensure I would never be tempted to carbon-copy this team, a decision I later regretted because, if the first Wrath doesn't crash the game, the second one will. Yes, your teams are bugged but... I'm sure mine is too.

Once you get to a certain rank, it really is some Matrix-like deja vu shit and can feel like you're in a never ending loop at times. An obvious sign that more buffs than nerfs need to be made to have a much wider and varrying meta where the library of chars we have can all be useful, not just nine or ten (or two) of them.

The disappearing-buttons-on-revive bug is a major factor in most losses (usually a VHE revives and a Wrath punches the buttons out of you) and is a possibility with any char that has that ability. It really does however, make losing fair and square welcome, appreciated and oddly enough, enjoyable.

It's impossible to state the facts without sounding like its another long winded rant. So, since Bloodsport was my first taste of the real world (LMAO) as a kid, I will end by simply saying..

"CHONG LI, CHONG LI, CHONG LI..."
    Name:  bloodsport1.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  23.7 KB
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    iOS
    Congrats to Caliza12 and the rest of the podium!

I had more crashes, and errors than ever. Had bad luck with RNG all week. Plus the never ending bugs give me the throw in the towel feeling.

Yes a bad week, but Instead of quitting, I figured F it, and just sharded a few different toons just to have something different to try to keep me going.

Hope the next update is a huge positive, but I have zero expectations.

OS
    iOS
    Congrats to Caliza, Shaolin and Carlos... it's very hard to be there!! I like to see new ETERNALS, that's pretty good for the game.

Waiting for the new updates, this time they look interesting.

For me, this week, has been irregular... not playing all the days (and not playing even on Saturday). I knew that on Monday so I tried to be TOP-100, and got it . Trying new characters, making changes on defense (what a fu****g sh*t I have ), improving talismans, making new combinations... just testing new things.

This week will go the same way: not playing all days, making tests on some stuff, so... good luck to all of you. In a couple of weeks (maybe three...), sure I'll try to be TOP-3 again...
    DickinsonMan-7678

OS
    Android
    Didn't play too much but my defense had a great week with 48 % holds (20/42). Pretty sure that's the best percentage I've had so far, but it's in part due to some weird behaviour from attackers (one dude attacked me 5 times in a row and lost them all). Couldn't play at all on Saturday, as per usual, and finished at rank 943 with 2436 VP.

I still haven't encountered a lot of bugs when attacking but one of last weeks two offensive losses was due to some bug, think it was AoF but can't remember now exactly what it was.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    Android
    thank you guys

It was tiring .. The whole week I had a good score .. without letting the top escape much .. but I was not sure if I was going to try .. I had the insentive of my compatriots Gmac, HomemLivre, ravy, among others .. On Friday the night Gmac speaks to me "if it's for Eternal the time is now" .. and I went .. I got the top of the table with a good distance for Alex at the moment on Saturday the race was long almost 12h without stopping .. only the last hour I stopped for about 40 minutes because it was almost impossible for Shaolin to get through to me.
    I always wanted to try, but Saturday did not help much because I have a wife and children, but this week I said ..... I will not do any crap .. I will play until I turn the week hahahaha

I dedicate this first Eternal to my Discord friends, without mentioning the names so as not to forget any, because without their encouragement I would not have tried this week.

Cheers
    Caliza12-3289

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Congrats to Caliza on Eternal.

I played sporadically this week as I knew I couldn't play the last few hours yesterday, and really don't have anything to comment on. I still wanted to start a thread as I'm sure some will want to discuss the arena.

Awaiting the update as meta changes at least seem to compensate for lack of new content in terms of new challenges.

But have to mention - I drew my 5th Wrath today! Now ready to take on Jofer's Beelze squad in LotB BBall!
    I feel your pain Nicko! My third Wrath as well as in the past a second Eternity - still no Clair or Beelz for me.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    There really isn't much to say about the state of PvP, but... its kinda sad that adjusting to meta changes is the only thing that makes it interesting these days. We have all grown use to its stale taste and either continue to slurp it up or have moved on. Sparton has stated that there is no talk of change to the way it works. Thats unfortunate because the feature is in desperate need of a major change. Whether that change is to the VP system, team composition or just a thorough and successful debugging, all three could be considered the one thing it needs most. Given the amount of time it has taken to reach its current state, I would much rather see NF start to focus their efforts on new content, to be completely honest.
    I have to agree with mjmxiii on this, most of the top ranks can be taken from players who can play the last few hours on Saturday rush before reset, the system needs a rework I think.
    I never push for the top 'cause I know I can't play on Saturday much but this last time I saw that I can do and easily claimed 8th in couple of hours so this proves my point that top spots are taken from those who can afford the spare time on Saturday. I bet that a lot of guys have the same Saturday issue as me (can't play during rush hour) and would like to see this changed in some way.
    The purple girl is OK, I don't see a reason for her to be tuned up but I agree with many players saying that devs castrated many 5* characters like CG and now released a 4* one that is more OP than him, WTF is my response to that!
    Recently I finally got The Gimp and I see that he still has the power to turn a battle in winning direction when in offense team but in defense is worthless.
    I wrote a lot of words..
    Congrats to the top guys!
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Congrats to Caliza on Eternal.

I played sporadically this week as I knew I couldn't play the last few hours yesterday, and really don't have anything to comment on. I still wanted to start a thread as I'm sure some will want to discuss the arena.

Awaiting the update as meta changes at least seem to compensate for lack of new content in terms of new challenges.

But have to mention - I drew my 5th Wrath today! Now ready to take on Jofer's Beelze squad in LotB BBall!
    Ha ha, welcome to my club!
    I pulled 4 or 5 Wrath bitches myself, 3 Clairvoyants and last pull was my second Beelze this Eternity Eddie is still eluding me big time, I hope I will not have to wait one year for him as I waited for The Prisoner.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    Congratulations to Caliza, Shaolin and Carlos.
    Also Nicko, thanks for the thread and Congratz! on last weeks podium.

Well this week I did notice more teams with 2 Wrath and purple Valkyrie, also a few more Clairvoyants.
    There was a change at the top ranks with players who were not usually there making appearance, which is nice and has to do with the meta changes brought by the new characters.
    In a meta where it's mostly about Deja-Vu VHE teams with the same (SSD,Purp valk, wrath, GCR,WUD and GPhD to a lesser extent) combination, it was refreshing to see Steff's team with Viking Eddie.
    Saw the odd Cyborg defense, which is nice but has been outclassed, a few Visions and GRE but very few compared to what it was before and he is costly to shard, IMO @NF needs to buff other Eddies to be more relevant.

<rant>
    Game freezing... 15 at least during last week's PVP (stats say 0 so can't confirm but only about 4 loses were legit), a freeze can = -33 points worst case and takes up to 3 battles to recover, getting 3 in a row against the same team on a Saturday rush is not funny nor acceptable, it's already challenging to go for top spots without this BS.
    Also rewards need rework and players that are not able to be in the Saturday rush should have some support, maybe a side ladder, segmentation by last play time? or timezone?.
    Got yet another Beezle, wheres my 25% Clairvoyant!?
    </rant>

Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    I finally got The Gimp and I see that he still has the power to turn a battle in winning direction when in offense team but in defense is worthless.
    Congrats to the top guys!
    Well done, I don't have him yet but I agree he is still very useful.

Cheers everyone, Up the Irons!.
    Last edited by Blacksteel; 09-18-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    Ha ha, welcome to my club!
    I pulled 4 or 5 Wrath bitches myself, 3 Clairvoyants and last pull was my second Beelze this Eternity Eddie is still eluding me big time, I hope I will not have to wait one year for him as I waited for The Prisoner.

I pulled 4 wrath, 2 eddies. Only left beel ... and another membem for the club .. more than 1 year and prisoner nothing
    Caliza12-3289