Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

New Arena Feature - A Copy Party

I just like to know what you guys think about this new feature: See the attacker team.

I really think that this was a dumb move, Im tired to see copies all around the defense teams. The little of privacy that we had are lost. SOME players use time and creativity to use building nice attack teams and now this is gone...
    What we will see now is a copy party of the attack teams to, imo.

I don't need to see the exactly team tha players use to attack me to know the strong and week spots of my defense, I just need to think, simple as that.

I really want to know what you guys think about it, it isn't possible that Im the only who thinks like this.

Tks in advance.
    Last edited by HomemLivre; 09-19-2017 at 11:09 PM.

OS
    Android
    Plenty of it was already said in the September update discussion, Gmac cough it first I think!
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by HomemLivre View Post
    I just like to know what you guys think about this new feature: See the attacker team.

I really think that this was a dumb move, Im tired to see copies all around the defense teams. The little of privacy that we had are lost. SOME players use time and creativity to use building nice attack teams and now this is gone...
    What we will see now is a copy party of the attack teams to, imo.

I don't need to see the exactly team tha players use to attack me to know the strong and week spots of my defense, I just need to think, simple as that.

I really want to know what you guys think about it, it isn't possible that Im the only who thinks like this.

Tks in advance.
    Totally agree bud. Back in the day I'd spend an entire night perfecting a beast attack team, never saw anyone else posting about specific team compositions I'd use, even go to the lengths of loading out random toons with PvP talismans to confuse the account creepers trying to copy my style. Now that's all out the window. Totally kills the motivation to be creative and grind. Why bother after a meta update, just sit back, be lazy and copy others that put in the work. Very upsetting decision.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    Plenty of it was already said in the September update discussion, Gmac cough it first I think!
    We (me, Gmac, Ravy, Caliza and some other players) had a chat about it just after the update and I PMd Sparton about this. He encouraged me to open a thread to see what people think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Totally agree bud. Back in the day I'd spend an entire night perfecting a beast attack team, never saw anyone else posting about specific team compositions I'd use, even go to the lengths of loading out random toons with PvP talismans to confuse the account creepers trying to copy my style. Now that's all out the window. Totally kills the motivation to be creative and grind. Why bother after a meta update, just sit back, be lazy and copy others that put in the work. Very upsetting decision.
    No need to say more... I did that too! I don't even bother to say that about defense team, its worthless... Now for the attacks, its simply what you said that will happen with lots of players: "lets just be lazy and copy others that put in the work".

What ties me to the game is the possibility to be creative and try dif combos, but this will spoil all the fun... Hope that they remove this asap!

OS
    Android
    I'm not a fan of the update. One of the reasons I quit doing the defense video posts was to keep my offense an unknown. Defense is always going to be about luck with the current setup. You can improve your odds a little, but with the crap AI the best toons still suck.

OS
    Android
    It's sucks to show all our cards, now everybody can see what I'm using. It should be part of your strategy, I guess defense rate is going more down.
    Carlos

OS
    Android
    i'm not as negative as you guys about this but i can see your points ofc.

on the one hand i like to see what teams broke me and what teams lost. so we can think about how to improve our defense. and i like to see other attacking teams to get inspiration too. since you often choose different toons vs different defenses it's still unknown how you attack another team. you can only see what toons fought vs YOUR team. Same toons would be a bad choice vs someone else, so this protect us from copying a bit. (i guess most guys have at least 3 teams they use constantly, at least i do...).

sure for us competitive guys this is hard to swallow but for beginners this could be very usefull. that'S why i would maybe change it in some way so that lower divisions (maybe up to duelist II 1700 points) can see the attacking teams and divisions above cannot see it? maybe something like that....

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    sure for us competitive guys this is hard to swallow but for beginners this could be very usefull. that'S why i would maybe change it in some way so that lower divisions (maybe up to duelist II 1700 points) can see the attacking teams and divisions above cannot see it? maybe something like that....
    A good point!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i'm not as negative as you guys about this but i can see your points ofc.

on the one hand i like to see what teams broke me and what teams lost. so we can think about how to improve our defense. and i like to see other attacking teams to get inspiration too. since you often choose different toons vs different defenses it's still unknown how you attack another team. you can only see what toons fought vs YOUR team. Same toons would be a bad choice vs someone else, so this protect us from copying a bit. (i guess most guys have at least 3 teams they use constantly, at least i do...).

I like your idea. Think it would be great combined with a suggestion I made a while back. Going blind into pvp. Original thread here.

Basically being in the top 100, means the attacker doesn't get to see your defense. Might not make a huge change to everyone's strategy, I know that personally I use one offense most of the time. With all the new toons and the quick change feature for offense and defense, I think it would be great to implement both ideas. I prefer pve, but there's no real challenge for an end-gamer. Win rates on offense in pvp in excess of 90% (and higher) suggest that there's really not a challenge in pvp either. I know a lot of people want to keep their high win rates, but if that's going to remain the same then defense will be a mirror image.

Edit: Another idea that would work well with this was brought up by Nicko (don't remember the post exactly), but make it so the defense gets perfect hits nearly every time. Could even implement that for only top 100. It would make staying top 100 all week a more challenging environment as well as giving an incentive for doing so.
    Last edited by Askora; 09-20-2017 at 01:09 AM.

OS
    Android
    I'm not a competitive Arena player, but I agree with the arguments here against showing the Attack team. It seems like too much information, especially since we're able to view other players' rosters.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell