Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

This week in PVP - Crash course in permadeath!

Somewhat surprised no thread has been started to congratulate the PvP winners for last week. Don't feel I'm really the one to be doing it, but since no one else has stepped up then I'll give it a shot.

First off congrats to Bradata for taking top spot with a fairly commanding lead. Congrats as well to Dickinsonman and Frankie for rounding out the podium. Not an easy feat with the level of play due to the event and the fact that the arena is more bugged than I've seen it in a long time.

Obviously thorn shields are bugged beyond belief. Issues I've seen include crashing the game (20 times to me in one day, only two of them that I had thorn shields), permadeath not be cleansed, being unable to revive characters that were dead when it was applied so should not have affected them, prisoner being unable to transfer it, thorn shields removing buffs including immunity, etc.

There is the issue with blockers and the prisoner as well, but I think the thorn shields are the most aggregious bug at the moment. I used them very briefly on defense, but removed them as I much prefer good sportsmanship to trying to take advantage of a bug in the system. Obviously not everyone feels the same, so I'm currently at the crossroads as to whether to hold my moral ground or to attempt to boost my defense by forcing crashes. I will say that it is rather ironic that some people who have spoken out about exploits in PvP are apparently ok with the current one.

That's my opinion on things and really don't care who dislikes it. Whether I choose to join the thorn crowd remains to be seen. Would much rather NF step up and get a hot patch to fix it before it comes to that.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'm truly heartbroken about the horrible crime in Las Vegas. My sympathy and for anyone who was affected. I don't know of anyone I have direct connection to that was, for me it is mostly friends of friends.
    Last edited by Askora; 10-03-2017 at 04:43 PM.

OS
    Android
    Thanks, Askora!
    I understand your frustration with the thorn shields, I hate them! My defense has none and also the explosive talismans and still my hold rate was the best I have ever had in many months despite the over 850 attacks on me last week.
    Regarding the other bugs you mentioned & the game freeze I had no problems at all, maybe I was just lucky but can't really remember if I ever had game freeze in PVP.
    Last edited by Bradata; 10-03-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    "Crash" course haha I get it.
    Seriously though, congrats to the Top10 this week, and persevering despite how hilariously unstable the Arena was this week. I think that more than half of my losses were due to either crashes due to Thorn reflect, or the cinema bug showing up. To my great surprise, FotD's Fury is also capable of the latter!

This week was a bit bittersweet for me though. I'm cutting down a bit on my PVP play, so I decided to go big this event and shoot for Top10. Alas, crashes and the fact that my Holds dried up near reset meant that I had to end the week at rank 16. Which is my best position yet (not counting the bugged one from Coming Home), so I guess that's alright. Looking forward to Daylight Saving Time coming back.

On the plus side, cutting back on PVP means I can actually visit the forums again! I'll be updating my references threads the coming week.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Hello everyone,

Thanks Askora for putting this together.

Congrats relentless Bradata, the guy that against all odds where always up there, week after week, battling people with Prisoners on the early Arena days. Congrats. Well done! Much deserved.

Congrats DickinsonMan and Frankie for filling up the rest of the poster. (Glad if got fixed yesterday).

And for what has already been mentioned by everyone, congrats to everybody playing Arena seriously, your guys are heroes. (or masochists!)

Cheers
    gmac

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by gmac View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thanks Askora for putting this together.

Congrats relentless Bradata, the guy that against all odds where always up there, week after week, battling people with Prisoners on the early Arena days. Congrats. Well done! Much deserved.
    Cheers
    gmac
    Thanks, man! Finally I could finish the game. For me the finish was to get to the top in PVP and I did it, now I can relax and play casual.
    And hats off to you and Jofer for being 15 times #1... it is fucking insane! Now I think it's Nicko's turn to find the time and finally get there, most of us have been around from the Beta PVP days but after it opened up to all the players he never ran for the top. Nicko, it's time buddy!
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    My main annoyance is the disable passive trying to be a block beneficial effects. Whenever one of my own gets hit with that, the affected doesn't receive any buffs at all, which gets frustrating at times. I've been using Cyclone talismans rather than thorn and I haven't seen any crashes from that. Although it did happen when I faced off against a team with thorn shields and that plastered heal block, permadeath and silence to everyone. Didn't crash my game though, and the effects were reduced to 1 per toon after the show was over.

I've been stepping up since I got a new phone and playing PvP like a madman and my wins have improved drastically with my new setup. I'd have a 100% if it wasn't for one crash where I tried to revive an Undead Rescuer and when I made him attack, the animation happened, there was no target and the game hung itself.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    congrats to bradata, insane run man, despite the buggs out there. also congrats to dickinsonman and especially to frankie. didn't want to go for ranks but i saw 30 mins before the reset that it might be possible to get 3rd and so i started a try, but frankie simply run away, no possibillity to catch up for me, good job there!

yeah thorns are annoying af and i'm gulty relying on them too, but i have to say i lost once last week to them because of the cinema bug. you can play around them very well, and most peoplel figure it out, so i cannot see such a big problem there.

nontheless this has to be fixed asap. all in all i like pvp now, because we have a wider range of toons used now on defense. so it's really a good development, if the buggs are solved (lol) and maybe the attack exposure for top 100 guys too, it will be the best pvp ever. call me an optimist but when i compare the game now with the game back in january we have a huge positive development. we shouldn't forget this. yes some buggs are there since the beginning and i cannot belive we have a reflect bugg again, that crushed the game several times before but all in all the game got much better if you ask me. but bugfixing schould be top priority now ofc...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Thanks for starting the thread Askora and congratulations to Bradata for a dominating week. Thanks also to Bradata for showing everyone that you don't have to take advantage of every bug possible to get a few holds. It is ridiculous that everytime something is posted about a talisman being bugged everyone jumps on the bandwagon and tries to get a few cheap holds. Well, not everyone. There's Askora, Bradata, Eskiggalu, EZZ, Silentknight and a very select few of others that weren't using them. I had a pretty good week going until I dropped 56 Gunner/Assassin souls and scored a Vampire Hunter Eddie which led to both win percentage and hold rate to drop off because I had to experiment with him. I got the Chopper after 232 wins and scored 8 or 9 skill shards. I think the Arena would be a lot more competitive if the skill shards were left as drops. Finally the rewards were worth the effort
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    Android
    Congrats on your Eternal, Bradata!

It's good to see that more people are not using this broken talis on defense too! I felt the same as you said about finishing the game and going casual, specially becouse I need to work all the saturdays but at least one time this need to be achieved! hahaha

Cheers!

OS
    Android
    Congrats for your Eternal bradata, also congrats to Dickinsonman and frankie. It's quite an achievement to finish up there while a pvp event is taking place.

I had so many crashes this week that my win rate dropped to 93%, all were related to thorn shields. Good thing is that since the last update freezing after ressurection stopped but as always something is getting fixed and something else takes it's place.
    I didn't want to use thorn shields but it lasted only 4 days. After many crashes in a row on Wednesday i changed my def and used those bugged talis. Sorry to all the fair players that are not using them and encountered my def, i hope you won.

Like most of my Saturdays i had no time to play. I only managed to complete 20 fights and i finished 30. I was at top 10 for most of the week but i couldn't even make it to top 25 because of that. Something needs to be done about it, not all of us have 24h of free time on Saturday and it's stupid the efforts of a whole week to not count for anything.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.