Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    I still do not see why exposing the attack team is a big deal. It tells us what characters are being used for our specific defense. Plus let me go through my defense list, Look that guy used the prisioner let me copy that oh wait don't have him, Hey this person used a wrath let me copy his attack team oh wait can't do that either. I guess it only helps the real end gamers and top of the arena people who all use the same defense but even then I figure most people are good enough they can figure out the best offense possible anyway.

So again I ask what really is the big deal seeing what attacked you I don't think I looked at one offense and thought man I should copy their idea.
    Hey JJJ

Putting a good offense system together it's a matter of finding out how to win as fast as you can. And for that you need to get creative, you need to invest time and test stuff for hours. No point doing that to try to find and edge if others will be able to just see and copy it.

This might be an issue only for people who are super competitive in Arena, but all of them (I think) have agreed this was a bad decision.

And another thing, people like Nicko and HomemLivre, guys who put great defenses one after the other, they'll tell you that knowing how you get attacked makes little difference helping figure out a good defense. It's about understanding current meta and doing lots of tests.

I used to think like you, and info on how we get attacked might be good, but they should be put in a group, like most used toons, win rates etc. Current system only exposes others offences.

cheers
    gmac
    Last edited by gmac; 10-08-2017 at 08:45 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    I still do not see why exposing the attack team is a big deal. It tells us what characters are being used for our specific defense. Plus let me go through my defense list, Look that guy used the prisioner let me copy that oh wait don't have him, Hey this person used a wrath let me copy his attack team oh wait can't do that either. I guess it only helps the real end gamers and top of the arena people who all use the same defense but even then I figure most people are good enough they can figure out the best offense possible anyway.

So again I ask what really is the big deal seeing what attacked you I don't think I looked at one offense and thought man I should copy their idea.
    You’ll understand when you are in a race against Gmac, Carlos, Jofer etc those are incredibly fast players and their defenses are nothing special so the only thing that will set you apart is your speed some players have called this guys cheaters because of the amount of points they gain so fast I’m sure their attack teams will be copy by those who were defeated by these guys, just like people copying nicko’s defenses every time mediocre players like the new feature i haven’t seen any competitive player ask the same question
    Last edited by Kamuz24z; 10-08-2017 at 11:23 PM.

OS
    Android
    I guess I just don't see it as helpful info because not everyone has same characters also each defense is different and now that we have the ability to quickly cycle through 3 offensive teams the one team that is used against my defense might not be your team that helps you speed through as many defenses as possible. Granted I am no where near the gamer Jofer or Gmac is so maybe I am just not getting it but I just see it as worthless information instead of something that needs to be addressed vs the 100's of bugs I think the focus should be on.

The reason I say that is because I saw people complaining about seeing attack teams in the update thread and to me fixing the bugs is a much higher priority then worrying where I can or can not see what attacked me. I do want to thank you guys for explaining it to me but I think something that only has a negative impact against the top 50 or so players shouldn't be considered that bad. Though like the rest of you I agree that the arena is pretty much the only thing going on for most end game players.

OS
    iOS
    Forgot...

Congrats Zamasu, and the rest of the podium.

I also think it just isn't right to expose attack teams.

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the nomination Nicko, noticed you hadnt been logging in and I cant blame you or anyone that quits logging in. Unfortunately, I am ready to go casual as well. I dropped my hours played a whole bunch lately and have about 20 SoW that have been sitting there for a while. Finished somewhere around rank 1000 last week and have been struggling to send trooper badges. Got them to everyone today but found better things to do yesterday than to replay AMOLAD 40 odd times or fight the same 5 defenses in PvP again. Cant say how tomorrow will go.

After the second try for Eternal I have been trying to find motivation to keep going but its just not there like it used to be. There doesnt seem to be much attention being paid to the people who play the game by the people who run the game and that is deflating. PvP is not a reason to keep playing at the moment. The event-happy mindset of NF is in full effect and they themselves have said that even if they focused on fixing bugs, that it wouldnt make too much of a difference. So they will soldier on and continue delivering a less-than-exceptional product and some will keep playing, some will find a new game and others like me, will move on all together. For now, the struggle is real and it continues, for how much longer is an answer than is still unknown. Till then...

GO KINGS!!!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Congrats Zamasu on your first Eternal!

About thread, its sad to see one of my first troopers say things like that but I must admit that I fully understand you and agree with you. I need to work almost all the saturdays so thats no reason for me to play hard when Im not able to play the last and most important day, so Im casual for a long time... but I still being angry and sad even not playing hard, lots of crashes, freezes, missing buttons...

There's no point to invest time thinking about defenses when the game doesn't help, well, how are we able to build something with so many bugs and this sort of things?

About the attack team new feature, don't even waste my time to say a word about it, just like Gmac and Kamuz reiterated, we have a thread about this with lots of players that dislike that hard and things going to be the same, took just a few days for me to being attack with almost the same team that I used to attack some players, so lets see if people will start to copy my Santas Hell Fighters hahahah
    Jokes apart this feature was the worst thing add in this game and kill what I most like to do, create attack and defense teams.

That said I don't know about you, Nicko, but I don't know how much time I will be motivated to play.

Cheers on you, hope that you find your will to have fun and still playing, mate!

OS
    Android
    glad that you still be around dear nicko, going casual is a very smart move. thank you for your nomination, but i have enough obligations with the my thread, so that really don't want to do an additional weekly task. i might open some threads but i think this should be a community task for us all now. everyone who feel like having to say something regarding last pvp week, should feel free to do it.

the exposure is bad for the top 1% of all pvp players, the rest is benefiting from it, because they can learn how to set up a good offense and defense.
    that said for gmac and other top guys this is like giving away their strategy for which they have worked very hard. that's wrong. as i stated before the solution should be quite easy. don't show it for the top 50/top 100/ top whatever guys and expose the attack team of the rest...

and ofc: congrats to zumasu caretaker and frankie, hope he will join the forums soon.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    First of all congrats to the podium winners and to all the guys slugging it out in the top 50, 25 and 10. It was maybe a slow week but it still requires time and effort to get there. Personally I gave up most of Saturday and enjoyed the sun (which is rare in Scotland at this time of year) and then decided to have a few beers so was just mucking about half drunk and actually for once enjoyed my 30 odd battles with a changing team.

Nicko, I am sad to hear you are going casual, you are a great poster on here and your posts helped me a lot in terms of strategy and creating good teams - your insight will be missed.

You also seem like a cool guy who is pretty measured and even in his views on here - that is always great to see.

Like other here I hope you do not go away and also that one week you get to the top. But, like others the game needs fixed as this last week or two has been a crash fest.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Glad you are fine Nicko, you were gone for a few days and with the crap that happened in Vegas i got worried a bit since you travel a lot for work.
    I totally understand your decision of going casual, the game has nothing to offer at the moment, it's just worthless grind and bugged arena only for players able to play on Saturday.
    After reading the last update notes i am struggling to keep playing myself. Anyway, your posts are going to be missed but before you go casual what do you say of going Eternal? Everyone wants that.

Regarding last week in pvp: buggs, freezes, thorns, infinite extra turns and if you got purple beast you get a top 100 guaranteed without effort.
    Gratz to the podium guys and to everyone else that keeps playing to that bugged environment.

P.S. I really don't care about the exposure of my off team and i never look what toons are used to attack me, i only did it the first 2 days, but since so many people complain a solution has to be found. Slauki's proposition is nice.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    Android
    Man, the forum becomes very sad lately! At moments I feel like I am reading the obituaries in a news paper! For me the game was crap, the only thing I liked from all this was the forum and now it's going away little by little with every cool member leaving...
    As they say, the devs did not read the writings on the wall, there were so many warnings but no one was listening!
    And now another cool member is going "casual", we all know what that means! Nicko, you will be missed a lot by me, you have earned my respect from the beginning with all your insights right at the target point.
    I am gonna stop right here 'cause I started feeling that I'm writing an obituary myself!
    Nicko, my man! Don't go casual, please!
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise