Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    Its easy to blame shitty developers for faulty products, but (as a developer), its not always their fault. Usually its management forcing direction (to better money generating features) or simply not hiring/letting go higher paid senior developers and trying to do maintenance cycles with all junior devs in order to keep costs down.
    While I somewhat agree that every layer of a company has a bit of fault when the ship crashes into the rocks.. but to say developers are immune is pretty naive. I've been one for over a decade, even junior developers know how to properly test their shit. If we were only talking about past bugs not getting fixed I'd get your point, but the perpetual reintroduction of broke stuff with each update lies solely on the dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    While I somewhat agree that every layer of a company has a bit of fault when the ship crashes into the rocks.. but to say developers are immune is pretty naive. I've been one for over a decade, even junior developers know how to properly test their shit. If we were only talking about past bugs not getting fixed I'd get your point, but the perpetual reintroduction of broke stuff with each update lies solely on the dev team.
    Devs are certainly not immune, but there's not much a dev can do if PM's are forcing content generation over bugfixing, especially with non-trivial bugs.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Devs are certainly not immune, but there's not much a dev can do if PM's are forcing content generation over bugfixing, especially with non-trivial bugs.
    Think you missed the point, new bugs keep getting introduced, it ain't a matter of just resolving old bugs. Devs are 100% responsible for that, if devs produced stable content they'd get a hold of the bugs.

Think you missed the point, new bugs keep getting introduced, it ain't a matter of just resolving old bugs. Devs are 100% responsible for that, if devs produced stable content they'd get a hold of the bugs.
    I've certainly been in situations where bugs have been raised and ignored by management in order to deliver on time

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    I've certainly been in situations where bugs have been raised and ignored by management in order to deliver on time
    Guess I've always been blessed with a quality employer. Letting bugs go through QA, UAT, etc for the sake of time is asinine.

apparently Canada breeds shitty dev teams haha

Guess I've always been blessed with a quality employer. Letting bugs go through QA, UAT, etc for the sake of time is asinine.
    Not disagreeing with you there.
    apparently Canada breeds shitty dev teams haha
    Must be it