OS
    Android

Need a PVP guide

I need a little help with PVP. I searched for a guide or how-to, but didn't find anything here in this forum. No sticky???

Main question: how to climb up the ranking?

On the attack screen I can see who got more points than me, but on the defense screen not? I need to win against "higher" players to climb up, right?

OS
    Android
    Every time you win any battle you get more points. If you lose a battle you lose points. This is same whether attacking or defending. Depending on your point level and your opponent's point level determines how many points you will win or lose. Also if you lose when defending you don't lose as many points if you lost while attacking. Generally you want to attack people higher then you unless trying to clear out your whole list which will get you an extra 2 SOT. The main thing is you need a decent defense because most people can win 90-99% of their battles. If you have decent hold rate generally in the 15-25% you can have a pretty good finish and climb up the ranks using only the free SOT and maybe a refill or 3 during the Saturday rush. Hope some of this helps you.

OS
    Android
    What JJJ said.

Offense should be 90%+, and better if it's at least 95%.

Defense is hard to get decent numbers, but generally anything over 10% is good. The higher you climb, the worse that number will be though. It should be minimum 10% playing in top 100, and at lower ranks even better.

The best thing is try different strategies and decide what works for you.

* You can play your SoW as you get them and not clear lists, focusing more on higher ranked players.
    * You can wait until you've built up enough to clear a list, gaining the bonus 2 Sow.
    * Play the Saturday rush to try and boost rank last minute.
    * Relax Saturday to keep from losing rank. I do this quite often. Lose some rank, but last week went from 26 to 37 (same rewards and to me the sweet spot, only free SoW).

That's a few of the things I can think of at the moment. It really is about finding out what works best for your play style.

OS
    Android
    Thanks 4 the answers!

I feel it's impossible to climb up to the higher ranks. My highest rank was 794 month ago. Now I can only reach 2000 at the end of the week. For casual players like me it's impossible to get higher, but it doesn't matter to me, because LOTB is only fun 4 me.

OS
    Android

Defense Tips

I know this thread is a little bit older, but it is what i searched for..
    and it is good to read about the defense percentages.. xD

Because everytime i have the feeling that my defense could be better, than the last one or could be a good, it sucks... :'D

I can't figure out what could work good and what not, everytime i try something new... nada.. it sucks...

Do you have some tips?
    I know to tell the defense someone uses wouldn't be that great, because everyone could copy it, but some discussion about it would be great..

Tried so much to support the one char and the other, but then there comes the termintators and destroy everything. xD

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    I know this thread is a little bit older, but it is what i searched for..
    and it is good to read about the defense percentages.. xD

Because everytime i have the feeling that my defense could be better, than the last one or could be a good, it sucks... :'D

I can't figure out what could work good and what not, everytime i try something new... nada.. it sucks...

Do you have some tips?
    I know to tell the defense someone uses wouldn't be that great, because everyone could copy it, but some discussion about it would be great..

Tried so much to support the one char and the other, but then there comes the termintators and destroy everything. xD
    the best thing to learn about defenses is to play pvp and to look which ones give you much trouble and why.

then you can adjust. with every new balancing update the strategy shifts toward other chars. right now the starts are navigator, VHE, wrath purple and yellow valk, gunner cotd, AG and the bugged aof. a combination of those with some fate talis could boost your def a lot. it's always a question of top chars, synergy and the right talismans. you will figure it out very soon, experience will help you a lot there.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I gave up on going for a good rank in PvP. I'm busy on Saturdays so no matter what I won't rank well. This is why I decided to just stack SoW for the events instead of playing all day every day. At this point I try to farm for resources instead of play PvP. From what I can see, you have to play all day every day to be in the top 500, and that's just not possible for me.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank Brew View Post
    I gave up on going for a good rank in PvP. I'm busy on Saturdays so no matter what I won't rank well. This is why I decided to just stack SoW for the events instead of playing all day every day. At this point I try to farm for resources instead of play PvP. From what I can see, you have to play all day every day to be in the top 500, and that's just not possible for me.
    actually you can be top 25 or even top 10 if you only use your free sow. but this will take 60-90 mins per day, that's somewhat annoying.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.