Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Seriously thank you NF

I really want to take a minute to seriously thank NF for all the events this past month. I know I have seen a lot of negativity to them especially in regards to the last event. A lot of people need to take a step back and look at things a bit more realistically and seriously here.

I think the first event around gold was well done and was disappointed to hear Sparton say that it didn’t do very well. I was looking forward to more events like that because like I said in another post you don’t realize how much gold you need until you try to take advantage of some of events. Between upgrading all your talismans, powering up some toons for sacrifice, and dropping 100’s if not 1000’s of rare souls eats up a LOT of gold.

Then we had the corrupted fragment event which was for a good toon that can be utilized for some of the past missions which maybe some of the earlier players still have not cleared yet. Also, by making it in LOL in gave us a chance to get a lot of XP shards which would also help us for a later event.

Then we got the Brave New World is free event. Again, this served a dual purpose for some end gamers who can grind higher levels effortlessly since we now know some missions involve having the rarest level talismans equipped, this event allowed some people to try and grind out the Rage talismans with no investment except for time of course. Also, allowed some people to try BNW again without fear of losing SOT from crashes or difficulty.

Then we had the pumpkin sacrificial event which was probably the best event of the month. This allowed people to get missing special feature characters and to get a lot of sacrificial fodder to use in sacrifice again and again so we get plenty of souls and possibly skill shards to power up our new characters.

After that we got our arena event. I think the timing could be better instead of going partially across two weeks probably would have been better to put it across one full week. But I think they did that because of the timing of all events and wanted to give us a full 7 days instead of cramming it in until a Sunday reset which I can also understand.

Finally, the last event the Hallowed Eddie event which seems to create so much controversy. I know we are all Iron Maiden fans and Eddie is the reason we play this game. So, when there is a new Eddie I know we all want him as soon as possible. But you need to learn to take a step back and look at the event and probability for something. We have all seen these event souls enough to know what they are. They are just glorified rare souls that also allow G/A characters and an increase chance of select characters.

If you look at the stats in other posts and I am going to try to so some quick and loose math here for people. The chances of a 5* from a rare soul is about 3.5%. There are currently 20 5* characters you can get from a rare soul right now which means 0.18% chance to get a specific 5*. If you look at most increase chances I am betting at best they double the odds for Prisoner and Hallowed Eddie which means 0.36% drop. That means you’re are looking at one drop for about 280 souls. So, you can’t get 10, 20 and 50 souls and hope to get him. Heck you could get 300 souls and still miss out because RNG is RNG. I took one look at the event and knew I was not going to drop everything I had to get him, it wasn’t worth it to use up my saved up souls and sac fodder just for one toon I do not have.

Instead I decided to save my resources for a future event that will have better returns. I did decide to grind BNW to try and get the Zone talismans for the mission requirement and getting a Halloween soul every 15 or so levels made it a little more bearable. I didn’t get Hallowed Eddie and I wasn’t that disappointed because I didn’t expect him. Was my luck a little better than some, I think so, I got a couple 4*s and one 5* all dupes of course but just means I can use them for a future sac event which to me does seem to be the better events.

So, in closing I will again say there is almost no such thing as a bad event. The only one I was ever against was the Magus Undead Rescuer event. An exclusive character should not be tied to an event that needs an unfarmable resource that basically makes it pay for this character. Hallowed Eddie is not exclusive if you did not get him in this event there will be more and plenty of chances to get him. If they did make him exclusive I can’t imagine the unholy hell NF would have unleashed and I probably would side with a lot more people if that were the case.

Remember events are for everyone beginners and end game players alike. If an event does not suit you, no one is forcing you to spend anything for this event. Move on, wait for another one, it seems like there will be plenty more in the future. We literally had an entire month of events and I want to thank NF for constantly keeping this game as engaging as they can.

OS
    Android
    While I do disagree with some of this, I can appreciate the effort they have put forth.

But, as usual, I think this effort would be better used in fixing the game. Can you count how many bugs there are? I can't. I doubt anyone can, because there is a ton of them.

As for your comment saying "there will be other chances to get him". Hardly. Anyone who plays this game knows that "rare" G/A souls are just plain terrible. The rare summons are just insanely rarer than they should be. I literally JUST got the prisoner about a week and a half ago, maybe two weeks ago, I've been playing since the beginning. That was my second ever 5 star from a G/A soul (first was assassin CotD). I need every G/A eddie there is, except the 4* tailgunner eddie.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    You forget these events came during the nerfing of "key" characters that created the initial uproar.

It's time for NF to "move on" from these events and focus on fixing the revolving door of bugs and releasing Night City. Expanding the story.

They've already stated that they are not addressing the usage of Troopers. Bottom line: the "game" is no longer fun! Pure and simple.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    I was one of those people who didn't like this Hallowed event, simply because I didn't receive the event character. But what you said does make sense. They don't raise the chances of getting a 4 or 5* character, they just raise the chances of getting the event character IF you get red eyes. Obviously since he's a 5* character, the chances of pulling him are already slim. So my expectations shouldn't have been so high in the first place.

But the event wasn't a total screw for me. I got a red soul from skull quests and out came my first Nomad. I guess RNG really is just RNG
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Trust me I don't disagree guys I think there is a lot of things we can rag on them for but how good or bad an event is, is not one of them. I agree bugs and glitches need to be address better and I think that's the focus we should be asking for. The Prisoner and AOF still being broken after all this time is outrageous. All my post was trying to do was thanking them for the events because of how much negativity this last event got. For everyone who has been playing since the beginning what did we have. It was just the same log in play your grinding stage of choice for 50 troopers and sign off. Now we at least have events which keep us engaged. So I just wanted to take time and at least say I am thankful to have something to look forward almost every single day with this. Also Sparton has commented before, turning an event on is a lot simpler then fixing all the bugs. I know, argument can be made that maybe they should move resources to just fixing bugs and that has some warrant. But when people just moan and groan about every little thing would you want to help us? I mean honestly I saw people complaining about getting free things because it wasn't amazing. Who cares it was a free feature we didn't have before it didn't make anything worse. Its stuff like that, that gives a lot of people here a bad wrap and I just didn't want it to make us all seem ungrateful for a lot of things they have done. Also for all the complaining about nerfing VHE is still number 1 Eddie in arena and I am sorry but wrath did deserve it and finally got my first one a week before the nerf.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    But the event wasn't a total screw for me. I got a red soul from skull quests and out came my first Nomad. I guess RNG really is just RNG
    Well the event still was a total screw for you since, skull quests are an every day thing. That was just a good day which happened to be during an event. The event still sucked. (My opinion atleast lol)
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    Also Sparton has commented before, turning an event on is a lot simpler then fixing all the bugs.
    Simplicity is also a way of avoiding the bigger picture.
    With each event comes a new bug, glitch, or freeze. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

If they keep up with this stupidity the game will completely crash soon. OR it will get so buggy that no one will stay.
    Last edited by Dank Brew; 11-03-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    iOS
    When one pulls an Ultimate Sacrifice during an event and gets ONLY Halloween Souls in return, which then all amount to 3 star typical characters... the event can not be simply "ignored". If the event placed parts directly in contradiction with normal game play one is forced to either play the game or put it away.. which do you think NF would rather happen??

OS
    Android

only punkins

only punkins sucked and i threw them all back into vortex. gonna do another tier 7 tomorrow to make up for lost fodder-MORE SKILL SHARTS!!!!

OS
    iOS
    I second JJJ...the events were definitely fun and made the game enjoyable. I missed some of the earlier October events, but came back for the Pumpkin sacrifice event and had a blast sacrificing my stack of 500 common souls and leveling up the 4*s. I learnt a lot about sacrifice from it, lol.

So a BIG THANK YOU to NF, Sparton, Kaz, Leviathan and all.

Now if they can only fix the issues with low ranked players making a mockery out of PvP, I would be a happy camper.