Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Relatively new player looking for some guidance!

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the game and excited to be part of the community. I'm currently stuck at Blood Lust in Underworld Hard. My team is not very big still, my core team is:

1. A 4* RRTH Eddie lvl 80, who is my main guy.
    talismans: one 3* barrier, one 4* sorcery, one 3* skilled and two fierce (one 4* and one 3*)
    2. A 4* Harpy lvl 80
    talismans: two 2* overwhelming, one 2* mystical, one 3* fierce, one 3* bulwark
    3. A 4* Golden Son lvl 80
    talismans: one 3* safeguard, 2 3* arcane, one 3* ward and one 2* shield.

I also have:
    1. A 5* Visions Eddie lvl 2 I just got today, although it seems it sucks
    2. A 3* Eddie lvl 60
    3. A 3* Soldier Eddie lvl 60
    4. A 3* Wicker Man Eddie lvl 60
    5. A 5* Magnificent Gold Idol lvl 40, who seems to do NOTHING
    6. A 4* Wickerman lvl 38 I got this week
    7. A 4* Angel of Strife lvl 22 I just got today
    The rest of mi characters are level 3 or below.

I'm progresing "by ear", but still feel I have no clue what I'm doing. I wanted to see if someone can help me with a couple questions I have:

1. I read in the forums that a character which is evolved, say from 3* to 4*, is not as strong as a native 4*. Is is true? Is it worth it to wait and see if I get a 4*, or should I evolve what I have?

2. Is there a specific talisman combination which works better for a single character, or it is always trial and error?

3. I still not quite understand when is it desirable to use skill shards. Based on my team, any suggestions as for where to use them, or rather wait?

4. What are the best buys from the stores? I have just bought a legandary soul. Are the talisman packages worth it? What about the soul packages?

5. Brave New World and Lord of Light seem impossible for me to go past the first three or four levels. Any suggestions for progressing further?

6. What is the best way to get 4* and 5* characters? Most times, whatever souls I get are 3* and below. Just got lucky thrice.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you all! \ m /
    ---------------
    Sam-0943

OS
    Android
    I guy with RTHH Eddie as main Eddie... I'll help you for sure!!! lol

1. I read in the forums that a character which is evolved, say from 3* to 4*, is not as strong as a native 4*. Is is true? Is it worth it to wait and see if I get a 4*, or should I evolve what I have?
    Yes, a native 4 is supposed to be better than a native 3. But use what the game gives you. And use your troopers to end the game faster.

2. Is there a specific talisman combination which works better for a single character, or it is always trial and error?
    Trial and error, team composition, current meta (regarding PVP) AND a lot of trial and error! lol

3. I still not quite understand when is it desirable to use skill shards. Based on my team, any suggestions as for where to use them, or rather wait?
    If not sure wait!!! Use them for PVP only. EDIT: Maybe green harpy.

4. What are the best buys from the stores? I have just bought a legandary soul. Are the talisman packages worth it? What about the soul packages?
    Not sure about this one, I'd suggest ask other new players

5. Brave New World and Lord of Light seem impossible for me to go past the first three or four levels. Any suggestions for progressing further?
    USE YOUR TROOPERS and evolve your toons as fast as you can.

6. What is the best way to get 4* and 5* characters? Most times, whatever souls I get are 3* and below. Just got lucky thrice.
    they are rare, I'd say sacrifice probably the best way to get rare souls.

Final words, regarding your toons, evolve whatever your using to lv 5. If your harpy is a green one, she is gold. might put shards on her. Great toon for PVE and PVP.

Hope this helps.
    cheers
    gmac
    Last edited by gmac; 09-23-2017 at 04:45 AM.

OS
    Android
    Obrigado, Gmac. Very useful!!!!
    ---------------
    Sam-0943

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by schapp View Post
    Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the game and excited to be part of the community. I'm currently stuck at Blood Lust in Underworld Hard. My team is not very big still, my core team is:

1. A 4* RRTH Eddie lvl 80, who is my main guy.
    talismans: one 3* barrier, one 4* sorcery, one 3* skilled and two fierce (one 4* and one 3*)
    2. A 4* Harpy lvl 80
    talismans: two 2* overwhelming, one 2* mystical, one 3* fierce, one 3* bulwark
    3. A 4* Golden Son lvl 80
    talismans: one 3* safeguard, 2 3* arcane, one 3* ward and one 2* shield.

I also have:
    1. A 5* Visions Eddie lvl 2 I just got today, although it seems it sucks
    2. A 3* Eddie lvl 60
    3. A 3* Soldier Eddie lvl 60
    4. A 3* Wicker Man Eddie lvl 60
    5. A 5* Magnificent Gold Idol lvl 40, who seems to do NOTHING
    6. A 4* Wickerman lvl 38 I got this week
    7. A 4* Angel of Strife lvl 22 I just got today
    The rest of mi characters are level 3 or below.

I'm progresing "by ear", but still feel I have no clue what I'm doing. I wanted to see if someone can help me with a couple questions I have:

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you all! \ m /
    Hey man, welcome.

There are a lot smarter dudes with advice than me; hell, you had Fuckin' GMAC reply to you!

Here's my .02 from a guy who started playing in late April.

1 - You aren't getting past any levels in Underworld unless you grind like hell and build up a strong team or use troopers. The only way I made any progress in this game was with 5* 100 Troopers. (Friends) Go to the recruitment trooper thread and get you some good ones. If you play every day we are happy to reciprocate. Send me an invite, my info is below

2 - Talismans. There is VOLUMES of info on talismans on this site. Go read it. Pair Talismans with your character. If your char deals true damage use Tals that have atk. THIS IS REDICILIOUSLY IMPORTANT YOU UNDERSTAND TALISMANS.

3 - You got a Visions Eddie already? LOL. Lucky you. Ok.. he might not be as good as your 80 RTTH Eddie on lvl2, but wait until 20, 40, or 60. Go grind Powerslave. Play it 100 times. Have him as your back up Eddie. You'll be surprised how fast he gets levels. Then Tals him up. You'll be quite happy with him. Learn how to play him.

4 - Sell your gold idol. You'll be happy with your return.

5 - I'm assuming your Harpy is Sentinel. (Green) This seems to be the new player gift. She has been my favorite toon since about day 4 of me playing. She hits like a train, is tough as hell, has mute and can't really get stunned. (Ok.. I know.. bugs.) Slam Talismans and Skill Shards on to her. This should be your first maxed out character. You won't regret it.

6 - I love RTTH Eddie. But, he's not a team leader, just not enough there. Visions is the best Eddie you have, though Wickerman Eddie will serve you better with all the red in Underworld. YMMV.

7 - Your Wickerman non Eddie will serve you well in the Underworld. Not a bad toon, used one for a while. His effectiveness dropped off after a while, though there is talk of buffing him a bit. We'll see.

8 - Best buy in the store is the Talisman upgrade packs. Expensive as hell, but you aren't getting anywhere with out them. I buy a green and a red every month. Hell, I bought all 5 colors the first two months. Again YMMV.

9 - Don't buy souls. The characters will come, with the Random Number Generation (RNG) in this game it's fools money. Gamble if you want, but there is a lot of data on this site bemoaning lost resources.

10 - BNW was introduced after I was already "established." Not sure how this will affect a new player. I know you need the tals and the upgrade runes. If you buy from the store it might not affect you as much, I just can't say. Sorry. I don't play BNW much. Too expensive and it crashes half the time I try.

11 - I played the hell out of LOL. Still try to get to it as much as I can. This is the most effective way to get those 3* evo runes you need to get those 4* to 5* chars. Grind these like nothing if you are trying to make the jump. Especially on the day of the toon you are trying to upgrade. You just have too. Use Troopers as much as you can here. I'd say grind LOL so you can get your resources then go back to Underworld. Took me 2 weeks to get the 3* evo runes I needed to upgrade my Carriage Rider Ed. It happened though.CR Ed seems to come with the new player pack. Not sure if you got him or not.

12 – Finish Battlefield. You will get a 5* Assassin Eddie. Soldier Eddie. He really helped me bridge the gap on finishing the game. Though, I still haven’t maxed him out.

Wow.. typed a lot more than I thought there, hope it helps.
    Z
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    welcome to the forums

not sure if this is still up to date but there should be very valuable insights for a somewhat new player.
    enjoy your time here.

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...eginners+guide

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Hello Schapp,

It's pretty much what Gmac said.

I have a little add to you, I checked your chars and talis that are you using.

Try to pay attention to the chars damage, for exemple: you RTTH Eddie have an Ivory talisman equipped and that is a waste of potential while he get no bennefit from magic damage in any of his skills. You should move this talisman to your Visions Eddie, replacing the Strength talis that he have equipped (note that he only get bonus damage from this strength talisman in his hury, but you will get more damage/survivability if you replace it with a green talisman). Note that most of Visions Eddie abillities gets bonus from Max Health and they all inflict magic damage, so no physical damage on him, right?

Your Visions Eddie overall status will soon overwhelm your RTTH, so its faster if you go for your Visions and focus on him. His "Take" skill will help you a lot to get rid of the enemy buffs.

A good team comp that you can use with your current chars:
    - Visions Eddie
    - Sentinel Harpy (the basic attack bennefits from the ENEMY'S max hp, so you don't need to invest so much in HP for her. She does TRUE damage, so feel free to use some red, blue or purple talis that you have at your disposal - just remmember that all chars need a little survivability)
    - Golden Son (you need to change Resistance and Guardian talisman for greens or blues talisman for the same reason above)
    4th element to specific maps:
    - Trooper char
    - AoS (when your trooper is a Eddie or you ran out of troopers): he will tank most damage for your team and you are able to heal him both with Visions Eddie Equilibrium and GS basic attack on perfects.

EDIT: If you have contact with your troopers, ask them for specifict chars that may help you through your journey haha

Hope that helps and good game for your!

Cheers,

HomemLivre.

OS
    iOS
    I went to look up your team to possibly give some advice, and I saw I had a request from you. I was full, but I’ve had a couple on and off, non forum member troopers for a while. I cleared one out and added you.

Best advice I can give is concentrate on leveling up your talismans. You could probably clear the game with your RTTH, harpy and wickerman if you had maxed talismans on them. Even if they’re still at lv80 you could prob do it. If you stick it out, you’ll eventually have all your characters at max lv 5*. It’s the talismans that take the longest to max.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    My advice, if it's not too late is to login every day to get the rewards. There is also a special login event that can earn you a pharaoh Eddie at the end. Complete as many skull quests as you can for souls, and other things. Save your arena coins for things such as skill shards, or collect immortal fragments for one of the 4 immortal characters. My first one was Wrath. I've almost collected enough for my second soul. Metalking-3386.
    Proud member of Caesar's Legion. Unofficial member of the Poor luck- very few passives Eddie's club.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerynx View Post

12 – Finish Battlefield. You will get a 5* Assassin Eddie. Soldier Eddie. He really helped me bridge the gap on finishing the game. Though, I still haven’t maxed him out.
    Wow, you new guys get it good. Soldier Eddie (Gunner, not Assassin, btw) only dropped as a low-level (I forget which, I think 3*? Been so long) for those who started at release.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydgen View Post
    Wow, you new guys get it good. Soldier Eddie (Gunner, not Assassin, btw) only dropped as a low-level (I forget which, I think 3*? Been so long) for those who started at release.
    I'm pretty new and I can tell you this is in fact a gunner 3* Soldier Eddie. Evolved mine to 5* as he was my best Eddie back then.
    Bobby2613-8511 / Order of Eld

Current champion: Gambler Eddie

I play all my troopers everyday. Champion Eddie prefered