Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    So I found something interesting...

In the Underworld story, The Beast mentions the Clairvoyant's brother, named "John Dee". Sparton said that said The Alchemist was based on "Dr. Dee"; Dr. Dee being actual dude in the 16th Century, he was a profound mathematician and studier of alchemy and magic. His full name? John Dee. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee

(NF nailed the design, in terms of likeness to Dr. Dee)

TL;DR: It's the Clairvoyant's brother.
    Last edited by MisterEly; 11-09-2017 at 01:16 AM.
    the local mentally unstable halfwit

DoctorEly-4668: Dark Road Eddie

OS
    iOS
    Had enough ironite to purchase 30 summoners souls and right out the gate, landed the Alchemist, along with a Mystic, Fear of the Dark Eddie along with a ton of dupes. VHE still alludes me though. Anyway, I added him as my champ if any of my troopers want to test drive. Not sure what tali's to load him with yet.
    Zeus-5837

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusGR View Post
    Had enough ironite to purchase 30 summoners souls and right out the gate, landed the Alchemist, along with a Mystic, Fear of the Dark Eddie along with a ton of dupes. VHE still alludes me though. Anyway, I added him as my champ if any of my troopers want to test drive. Not sure what tali's to load him with yet.
    Shoot! I may have just played your old trooper. Would you mind if I deleted and re-added you so that I could test him out?
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Shoot! I may have just played your old trooper. Would you mind if I deleted and re-added you so that I could test him out?
    No problem my friend!! I'm sure you will give me a few pointers on how to dress him . Thankfully I saved enough skill shards to max him out.
    Zeus-5837

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusGR View Post
    No problem my friend!! I'm sure you will give me a few pointers on how to dress him . Thankfully I saved enough skill shards to max him out.
    Alright so I just gave him a test run on A Matter of Life and Death, Madness difficulty.

First thing, his power says it has a 25% chance to Doom ALL enemies, yet I've only seen one enemy be Doomed the whole time. His basic seems to be the same way, it transfers some of the negative effects into positive effects but having something like that on a basic is still pretty cool.

His Fury looks pretty awesome but doesn't do that much damage. In fact, none of his attacks hit 9k, even if it's against a warrior opponent. So The Alchemist is more of a utility fighter, than a powerhouse.

Since his basic hits one opponent once, I don't see much room for talismans that usually proc more from aoe attackers, I recommend using Fate Talismans on him to boost his damage and also add longevity. And also maybe Guard Shields to add toward his Fury. Obviously his Fury is his best aspect with that new effect it has.

All in all, he seems like a great character, I just wish he did a bit more damage.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

Banned
    If those clowns would fix the game instead of starting one useless event after the other, everyone would be happier.

I've lost complete respect for NF, not fixing the bugs for me means not respecting the players, so no respect from me too.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEly View Post
    In the Underworld story, The Beast mentions the Clairvoyant's brother, named "John Dee". Sparton said that said The Alchemist was based on "Dr. Dee"; Dr. Dee being actual dude in the 16th Century, he was a profound mathematician and studier of alchemy and magic. His full name? John Dee. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee

(NF nailed the design, in terms of likeness to Dr. Dee)
    Exactly, the historical John Dee is an interesting figure, particularly if you approach him and his writings with an open mind.

"The Alchemist" on Final Frontier tells some of his story. And several other Maiden songs (e.g., Moonchild and others from Seventh Son) probably wouldn't exist without Dee's influence.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    24 Souls, only 3*s I'm a sad, and now, poor panda!!!!

No regrets tho, RNG is RNG, Glad people are getting him, I'm a returning player, This is my first event invoving souls and ironite, which I was saving to buy talisman's xp packs, but WTH when all in, just for the lol's so far nothing I will try and get only one more soul from the store, for a total of 25 tries, so far only 3*s, not mad tho, I do know how RNG works, and everysingle soul have a chance do be the one with good chars in it, but every soul have it's own chance, so no matter if I buy 25 or 250 the odds on each soul alone is equal, the only diference is that you have 250 chance of getting comething good, instead of 25.

For this type of events I play the game for what it is. And since this is a timed event, why the hell not try a few times, the Ironite comes back in due time. The souls just last for some days.

So far bought only the starter pack to support the devs. (I do this with every game I play that I think I have the return in fun hours playing, and so far I'm playing this game a lot more then I expected, and having a great time.)

Cheers!!! Ed.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 11-09-2017 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Updating numbers & info
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebhild View Post
    If those clowns would fix the game instead of starting one useless event after the other, everyone would be happier.

I've lost complete respect for NF, not fixing the bugs for me means not respecting the players, so no respect from me too.
    I have to agree with this statement. If NF used a quarter of the effort they put into char/event thinking and design we probably could have a flawless game. No crashes and everything works as it should. Beginning to think their code is written by RNG and that’s why they can’t fix anything. Since I haven’t even bothered trying for this guy this statement is not based on personal luck.
    Last edited by BG840; 11-09-2017 at 02:42 AM.
    ​Sunlight, falling on your steel,
    Death in life is your ideal,
    Life is like a wheel

BG840-9659

OS
    Android
    I don't understand why everyone is wasting ironite on this event. Everyone will get the Alchemist eventually from the shards... Beside event souls are the worst way to spend ironite.
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan