OS
    iOS

Who goes first? Random or no?

Recently started playing the arena and I'm confused whether who goes first is actually random or not? Currently sitting on a run of nine battles where my opponent has started first... talk about a disadvantage.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneBazTe View Post
    Recently started playing the arena and I'm confused whether who goes first is actually random or not? Currently sitting on a run of nine battles where my opponent has started first... talk about a disadvantage.
    I suspect that if they have more points than you, they're more likely to go first. But it's supposed to be 50 50.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Yep suppose to be random 50/50, but after going 2nd around 80% of the time Saturday, something is off.

OS
    iOS
    I seem to be getting fewer and fewer first strike opportunities. Enough to raise an eyebrow but I wasn't sure if it was just my perception. I still get some, but I actually am starting to NOT expect it.

OS
    Android
    for me since many month opponent begin more often .. 60/40
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    iOS
    I really wish I would have kept written track of this Saturday. I bet I went 2nd 90% of the time until the last hour before reset. Never seen this tilted that way so much before.

OS
    Android
    When the next arena event starts, maybe a bunch of us should record our data and gather it together. Then with enough info we'll learn how it really works.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I'll tell you this, when I'm testing my defense, my offense goes first every damn time. We need a simple toggle there that lets us specify which goes first in testing.

Other than that, seems pretty 50/50 to me.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    I'll tell you this, when I'm testing my defense, my offense goes first every damn time. We need a simple toggle there that lets us specify which goes first in testing.
    See for me it's the opposite. My defense hits first far more often. And I agree about the toggle, that'd be fantastic.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    When the next arena event starts, maybe a bunch of us should record our data and gather it together. Then with enough info we'll learn how it really works.
    This is the best way to go.
    Get actual data to remove the fact that we tend to remember negative outcomes more than positive ones.
    March 1st 2019 - NEVER FORGET! They stole 50% of our rare soul frags, 11% mythical frags, 60% legendary frags and 66% of rare class specific frags! Plus doubled gold price for summoning souls without notice!