OS
    Android

Post Trooper Mission and Crimean Fragments things.

WOO HOO..... Alrighty now.......

Lets see where to start. Oh and in case your wondering this isn't a complete and total annoyed rant, there is actually some positive in here. Maybe.. possibly... hopefully..

Okies lettuce start with the Trooper and the related assorted bolshevik there.

I am going to say DAMN... it seems like they might have gotten it right. While there was some definite limited time event things to make it easier to get one of the 4 characters, they are still available to get. In several different ways nonetheless. WOO HOOO... Kinda AMAZING isn't it?

Now as far as this crimean bastich is concerned that is almost a different story. Requirement to get 750 fragments. Fragments available in 2, 5, and 25s. Availability of fragments is supposed to be 1 week. And there is an event tracker for battles won in the arena. Fascinating. Now if we look at that there are various rewards from 10 wins to 300 wins, after that it looks like it just gives you a legendary and 2 skill shards for each reward level.

The fascinating part is it appears that after 300 wins you should have enough fragments for said crimean soul. 300 x 2 = 600. 600 - 750 = 150 which is 6 of the 25 frag drops. Considering I have had 2 or 3 of em drop in less than 30 wins it appears it is fairly attainable.

But I still dislike the number of wins required to get there. 300 / 7 = 43 per day. Free you can get approx 25-30 which gets you approx 50%. Still seems like a little too many sands of war to buy to me. But not as bad as an even awhile back.

On a very positive note though have we noticed that The Prisoner appears to be fixed?????? Which is excellent.

On a very negative though it seems like the math used to determine stun and freezes is completely mucked up. See my other posts for more details.

OS
    Android
    Well now it looks like it should only take approx 250 wins in the arena to be able to have enough fragments to get the crimean soldier. I have 113... I really don't think I am going to make it. Kinda sad that I have things I have to do that interfere with playing games to collect characters like Pokemon. And hell I don't even play Pokemon.

But seriously.... using the following rough math which fits with my fragment drops and win percentages etc....

fragment drops: 2 = 85%, 5 = 10%, 25 = 5%
    win percent; approx 90%

250 rounds with 10% loss = 225 wins.
    85% of 225 = 191 * 2 = 382
    10% of 225 = 22.5(23) * 5 = 115
    5% of 225 = 11.25(11) * 25 = 275
    which all equals out to 772 fragments and you need 750.

Now if you figure 2.5 minutes per match and 250 matches that would be aprox 11 hours over the event. Which is doable and then some ironite to top off the sands of war, no biggie.

Which then makes me wonder about people with multiple crimeans. To play enough to get 4 or 5 works out to something like 7 hours a day at 2.5 minutes per match. No comment on the ironite to refill the sands of war. But for some reason I am seriously thinking I am smelling a macro on a pc. And considering how sloppy some of the code is it makes me wonder how easy it would be to inject into it.

OS
    Android
    I knew I'd never get enough to get the soul, just wanted to get to 75 to get the extra fragments (which didn't happen).

Based on my experience :
    70 matches
    178 fragments
    2 frags : 64 - 91.42857%
    5 frags : 5 - 7.14285%
    25 frags : 1 - 1.42857%

Fragments per match : 2.54285
    Matches required for 750 fragments : 294.94382

Summary, terrible drop rate for me.
    Nice for those that got it done.

OS
    iOS
    So I went for this event.

I wanted to get to the 300 wins, so I could get the 60 Trooper Soul Frags; so I could get closer to the last 100 Frontier Coins I need so I can finally get Wrath. (Three (!) Eternity Eddies, Belze and, happily, got Claire the Monday of the event, has been my Eternity Soul experience thus far.)

The Herman Munster looking thing was just going to be a bonus if I got it.

You know what athletes and coaches say after they lose a big game? "We learned a lot."

Well, I got to my 300 wins, and I got my Purple Herman Munster, and boy, did I learn a lot.

A - I learned my that my Arena team pretty much sucks against higher level players if I don't win the spin. (Which seems to be about 60% + of the time lately.)
    B - Yelling at your phone, that it's such bullshit, that the Prisoner doesn't disable any damage absorber passive if you lose the spin (but does when you win the spin)...... makes your wife pretty unhappy.
    C - I did learn how to cherry pick battles and wait the 30 min or so for the refresh to become free.
    D - This might have been a glitch, but I was able to purchase 20 more Eternity Souls mid week last week. This was after I got Claire Monday. Somehow I was able to purchase 40 souls last week. Is there a number of wins/battles you pass and it opens back up?
    E - I would have thought that making my wife mad, spending Fri night and Sat afternoon playing in the arena, and the general overall annoyance I get when playing in the Arena, would have made me hate it more. Honestly, it didn't. I actually don't mind wandering in there now. I used to begrudgingly go in there to get enough Iron Coins for my weekly 20 Eternity Souls and make sure I was in Duelist 1 so I could get the extra 5.

Yeah.. so that's my experience with it. Here are the Stats:

300/383 that's a smooth 78% winning percentage. (My highest games played/winning % previous week was the red Trickster week. That was 127/142.)
    Somehow I was 53/330 in defense. I had a Pumpkin team up for most of the week, but changed it Friday afternoon as I really didn't see anyone else doing the same.

I got Herman Munster after win 252. I was 252/309 at that point. That's 2.976 drops per win.

As far as Ironite, I'd say I spent about 500. Keeping complete track with daily adds and farming didn't happen.

As far as time.... yeah way too long. Not sure I'd do it again.

Up the Irons!
    Z
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    Congrats Zerynx on making your goal. A few thoughts.

Sounds like you learned a little bit of strategy for PvP. Keep working on that offense though, as you need a lot better win rate for higher ranks.

Tue purchasing from the store twice in a week is a known glitch. The store resets at the beginning of the month as well as on Saturday, so something to always try and take advantage of.

As far as your prisoner not disabling blockers if you lost the coin toss, if the defense has GPD he can remove the passive block with his basic attack. Other toons that cleanse rebuffs as well, so it's possible that could be what you were seeing.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Congrats Zerynx on making your goal. A few thoughts.

Sounds like you learned a little bit of strategy for PvP. Keep working on that offense though, as you need a lot better win rate for higher ranks.

Tue purchasing from the store twice in a week is a known glitch. The store resets at the beginning of the month as well as on Saturday, so something to always try and take advantage of.

As far as your prisoner not disabling blockers if you lost the coin toss, if the defense has GPD he can remove the passive block with his basic attack. Other toons that cleanse rebuffs as well, so it's possible that could be what you were seeing.
    Thanks for the response Askora.

I'll defo keep watch on the first of the month thing, thanks for letting me know.

Also, I'll watch for the GPD. That's a good tip. That's where I'm really lacking in this game is all the toons and what they do. I have most of em, but I stay concentrated on my favorites. Still learning a lot!
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired