OS
    Android

Exciting realization...

I was driving home the Friday, listening to Alexander the Great (my favorite IM song) when it hit me - Maiden is doing a tour based on the game. They are potentially bringing us Edward the Great this month. That means that it is possible that we will finally get a Live performance, for the first time, of Alexander The Great!!!

I know it's a long shot, but it's been one of the most elusive and wanted songs from fans for a very long time. Getting a live version of this song would be incredible, and now it seems like there's actually a possibility of it happening! Anyone else share this excitement?

UP THE IRONS!!!
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    I like the idea.
    Sick-6808

OS
    iOS
    Nope, not because I'm in Australia and won't see the tour next year, but because I'm realistic. Maiden won't play Alexander The Great next year and they won't ever play it live.
    I shoot the gunner first.
    Aces High, Cyborg, Doomsday, Hallowed, Navigator, Tailgunner, Soldier
    Beast, Eternity, Iron, Killers, Rainmaker, Storm, Vampire Hunter
    Alexander The Great, Coalgiver, Clansman, Eddie, phantom, Run To The Hills, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper
    Bass, Carriage Rider, Crusader, Edward The Great, Grim Reaper, Mystic, Seventh Son, Shadow Wickerman, Speed of Light, Wicker Man
    Benjamin Breeg, Fear of the Dark, Final Frontier, Mummy, Piece of Mind, Pharaoh, Viking, Visions

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    I was driving home the Friday, listening to Alexander the Great (my favorite IM song) when it hit me - Maiden is doing a tour based on the game. They are potentially bringing us Edward the Great this month. That means that it is possible that we will finally get a Live performance, for the first time, of Alexander The Great!!!

I know it's a long shot, but it's been one of the most elusive and wanted songs from fans for a very long time. Getting a live version of this song would be incredible, and now it seems like there's actually a possibility of it happening! Anyone else share this excitement?

UP THE IRONS!!!
    Luckily we have an excellent Maiden tribute band here in Scotland (Maiden Scotland) who regularly play rare tracks such as this and they do it really well too. They played this last year as part of their anniversary of Somewhere in Time album (they played the whole album). Very glad we have them as they play a lot of the old stuff and we often get a full album from beginning to end plus a bunch of other tunes in the 2 hour set they do. They even played Caught Somewhere in Time which is one of fave Maiden tunes that I last heard in Edinburgh on that tour when they used it as the opener of the Blade Runner inspired set. Awesome!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Luckily we have an excellent Maiden tribute band here in Scotland (Maiden Scotland) who regularly play rare tracks such as this and they do it really well too. They played this last year as part of their anniversary of Somewhere in Time album (they played the whole album). Very glad we have them as they play a lot of the old stuff and we often get a full album from beginning to end plus a bunch of other tunes in the 2 hour set they do. They even played Caught Somewhere in Time which is one of fave Maiden tunes that I last heard in Edinburgh on that tour when they used it as the opener of the Blade Runner inspired set. Awesome!
    I'm envious of that, Scott! Caught Somewhere In Time is one of my favs too, along with Sea of Madness, and actually the whole Somewhere In Time album... what a great show that would be!

And 90mphyorker, I fear you're right about that one, and even if they did play it I'm in the US so it looks like I'd miss it anyway, but I'm not giving up hope yet! Like dragging a rare G/S soul in and hoping to pull someone that doesn't suck... you know it'll probably never happen, but you keep hoping that someday it will, haha!
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.