Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acronyms?

OS
    iOS

Acronyms?

I admit this is a total noob question but... Is there a thread anywhere that covers the acronyms everyone uses for the different characters? I know many of them like GRE = Grim reaper Eddie, but there are a lot of toons I still don't have and can never figure out the acronyms for.
    GDP? I see listings all the time I don't know. I need a legend! LOL

There is sadly no thread which summs them up. “GDP” would be the GPD- Gunner Pharaoh Dog.
    It’s usually the class of the character W-warrior,S-sentinel,M-magus,G-gunner,A-asassin. Eddies usually have an E at the end.
    Can’t help you any further with that, but feel free to use this thread to ask about specific acronyms and i bet someone will help you.

OS
    iOS
    I can put a few of the more popular characters here for you that I can think of:

WUR - Warrior Undead Rescuer
    GCR - Gunner Corrupt Rescuer
    MCR - Magus Corrupt Rescuer
    RTTH - Run to the Hills Eddie
    VE - Visions Eddie
    SSD - Sentinel Souless Demon
    Claire - Clairvoyant
    CRE - Carriage Rider Eddie
    VHE - Vampire Hunter Eddie
    FotD - Fear of the Dark Eddie
    AGS - Assassin Golden Son
    WNBoL - Warrior Newborn of Light
    CotD - Child of the Damned

A lot of them (like AGS) just substitute the A for G, M, W, S for their class
    Game ID: Andy-4743

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    The state of this forum is hilarious. People needing help with acronyms lol. Here’s a clue, emphasis on first letters, use your brain and intuition and figure it out. That’s the problem with this game. Zero thinkers. Strategy copiers, bug exploiters and people with zero activity going on upstairs. My how this community has fallen. Bottom of the barrel now

I’d say you guys need to step your game up but NF chased all the quality players away. It’s really a shame, they had something great within their grasps.

OS
    iOS
    The most important acronym is

USFF - use search function first
    Sick-6808

OS
    iOS
    Thanks Perth for being considerate and throwing out a helpful response.

Sick-I did look through the general forum discussions and could not find anything.
    Search function yields the following result:
    The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
    gdp
    Not sure how helpful it would be to continue to search for other acronyms but I would expect a similar result. Search function, like your comment = not very helpful in this case. The characters I have collected I can intuit the acronyms. The ones I don't have it's not always easy to put together. I know most of them, just a few I miss.

Jofer16-There are issues with the game, but clearly there are positives as well that keep people coming back and that also attract new players. The forum should serve as a resource for both old and new players to come together to share information. There is a great deal of negativity on this forum and I assure you that does not help keep the player base together either. Instead of attempting to make an admittedly casual player feel stupid for not having information that has evolved organically in this forum consider not perpetuating the negativity and just not commenting at all.
    I assure you I have a very original team that I developed playing on my own. I played the game 3-4 months before I even ventured into the forums. The information here is usually helpful and has definitely helped me refine my teams, but I'm not copying anyone. I have never seen anyone play the same team I do in the arena. It isn't the best out there, but I like it and I make it work. It took thought and planning to make the team I use work thank you very much. Farming the higher end BNW dungeons is different from arena and the other content and there are very specific specialized characters that simply perform better there. You have to expect some overlap and similarity in teams there.
    You don't know me, you clearly have no idea of my play style. It seems you are making very frustrated assumptions at new players in general. It's not very considerate to throw the negativity you did at my comment. Mizrael's comment was great. Yours is full of negativity. Is that level of negativity really necessary when someone asks a reasonable question?

Honestly I hoped a new thread where people posted acronyms might help any new players coming in get up to speed faster.
    Instead what they read will be a bash for not having information about characters they have likely not even seen yet. Not cool.

OS
    iOS
    This forum hasn’t had an active mod since kaijester left about a year ago. Nothing is kept organized and new threads are opened for the same topics multiple times. There used to be one “official” thread to find troopers. Now there are many. It’s become a giant mess, and the only way to search for a past thread is by memory. Petty sure the search function is useless, although I haven’t tried using it in a long time.

Here you go. Hope this helps

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...Forum-Acronyms
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    [QUOTE=Tim28213;63320]Thanks Perth for being considerate and throwing out a helpful response.

Sick-I did look through the general forum discussions and could not find anything.
    The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
    gdp
    Not sure how helpful it would be to continue to search for other acronyms but I would expect a similar result. Search function, like your comment = not very helpful in this case. The characters I have collected I can intuit the acronyms. The ones I don't have it's not always easy to put together. I know most of them, just a few I miss.

Don't take my answer personally, probably this board is as bugged as the game. I remembered that someone asked the same question a few weeks ago and I could find the thread with the search function. Here it is:

Hope it helps.
    Sick-6808

OS
    iOS
    Hey Tim, fellow NC player over here. Ignore the negative folks...most of the folks here are cool and have a positive attitude, casual players of the game because of our love for Maiden and the common bond in the best band ever!

Not all of us are “expert” gamers...we are here just having fun, doing our best to survive and play against and learn from some truly exceptional players and nice guys who are willing to help and share their knowledge of the game.

Your post and questions are completely reasonable...I myself had a ton of questions on the acronyms when I first started and joined this forum, not being a professional gamer myself. In fact, this game is the first mobile game that I have played.

It has its fair share of bugs and idiosyncrasies, but no one is forcing any of us to play, so not sure why the naysayers and negative folks continue to stick around...they know where the door is (or the delete button in this case).

Feel free to post an Acronyms thread in the “Guides & Tips” sub-forum, and we can then ask the moderators to make it a sticky. That will be very helpful indeed to newbies as well as the “oldies” who need to refresh their memories!

Btw, hope you got a chance to see the Maiden concert in Charlotte during the summer? I was there with my wife and even met Chaosego888, a fellow forum member and LoTB gamer.

OS
    iOS
    [QUOTE=Sick;63323]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    Thanks Perth for being considerate and throwing out a helpful response.

gdp

Don't take my answer personally, probably this board is as bugged as the game. I remembered that someone asked the same question a few weeks ago and I could find the thread with the search function. Here it is:

Hope it helps.

Wow the search function works now?! That’s good to know. I gave up on it a while ago...not that I’m ever really searching for anything.
    MrFreeze-6530