Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jofer 1000

OS
    Android

The Jofer 1000

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I miss the weekly PvP threads. Always enjoyed Nicko's thoughts and insights on the week in PvP. So, since he's casual and taking a break I'll give it my best effort.

First, congrats to those up top. Carlos did a great job fending me off and captured eternal, followed by me and FallenAngel. Also, congrats to everyone who hit their target tier. I managed mine with minutes to spare, thanks to a slew of APMA3 errors in the last few hours which pushed it right to the wire. Hope everyone achieved the tier they wanted.

Meta is obviously still slow, and while some battles can go quick there are still far too many that drag things out. Perhaps the next meta shift will bring improvements, if not then NF may need to reconsider pricing on PvP store as battle numbers will only get lower with a slow meta.

Interesting things I saw in PvP this week include Viking stealing perfect immunity from Clairivoyant (gained from having Eda on my offense), defense toons with fate talismans reviving even though the buff showed as immunity or ascension. Along with that of course the usual bugs as well as the NF purposely OP toons.

Other thoughts: Events are nice, but a steady barrage of constant events while mildly entertaining does nothing to reduce time spent playing. Personally, it seems to be more a distraction technique to keep people from noticing there is limited new content. A new game mode coming, question is when (before or after Night City)? While a new game mode may be cool, I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only person ready for a continuation of the storyline. That's my two cents.

OS
    Android
    Nice insight on the week in PvP. About the new content... Maybe it IS Night City. It's just my speculation anyways but it makes sense. You have two new Talismans that are kind of good but not super great, they sound like they should be common to farm right? And also, in the State of the Nation post from the beginning of the year, they said it was one of the things that would be released in 2017. Since they've delivered on all of the other things they said they would, it sort of makes sense. Personally, I'm excited for what kinds of ideas they have for 2018. Another story chapter, another time rift dungeon, what if there was like a Sandbox mode where you could play with all the characters and talisman combos and discover your best setup?
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    thanks for opening this thread, it's really good to discuss the state of pvp from time to time. and congrats for the awesome performance of carlos you and fallen angel last week.

i agree the events distract us from lack of new content, but i prefer this over nothing new at all. many events are really fun to play, so i like them overall.
    what i really dislike is the slow pvp meta as you mentioned. this could even hurt the busines of NF because less sow used -->less refills --> less income. if you ask me something has to be done there asap. i don't enjoy pvp anymore and i'm really thinking about a pvp break. the whole game is simply too time consuming, but especially pvp developed into a huge time sink and they do nothing about this for many months. that's a main problem for many of us.

aside that there was enough heated discussion about some broken toons in the arena especially the aof. i saw him giving extra turns multiple times for no reason. that's a serious problem but i'm sure he will get a huge hit fairly soon. the more people use him the faster we will see some changes, but NF always takes too much time to fix issues. and when they finally fix some things they break others it's a never ending story

so long amarthir is right, they delivered everything they promised so far, but night city is missing. unfortunatly i don't see it on the horizon, too much mess has to be cleaned up first ...so all we have is the hope for new cool events and the unannounced game mode, whatever this might be...(they announced more eddies will be needed this leads me to the conclusion it won't be night city)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    It's actually kind of funny you mentioning a sandbox mode. I doubt that'll ever be put in the game, but I was just thinking about a sandbox mode the other night. I've been working on a web site that is currently just a practice in different web technologies, but maybe will be more at some point. I'm having to learn as I go, so don't laugh too hard. But, the sandbox is something I'd like to add at some point.

The site is http://lotb.epizy.com

Hope you make it a sort of collected information on the game. At this point it's still a matter of whether I can stay motivated to finish, and in the long run will be up to NF and Iron Maiden holdings to decide whether it's infringing, or what it really is a fan site to help people with the game.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Another story chapter, another time rift dungeon, what if there was like a Sandbox mode where you could play with all the characters and talisman combos and discover your best setup?
    Best we have for now is testing our Defense team against itself.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    Thanks to Askora for opening this thread and of course congratulations to this weeks champions. It surely was a lot less competitive in other weeks.
    I did not like this week in PVP at all. Too many crashes before the latest update and too many bugs throughout the week. I still cannot understand why NF has chosen to start an event in the most problematic part of the game. On the other hand the rewards were nice. I was fed up after 300 wins, but I would be interested if anybody could clear the 1.000. Until Thursday I was ranking between 50 and 100. The fights were somehow boring as you always meet VHE. Since Sunday I am only playing the free SoW which makes PVP much more interesting as you meet a huge variety of characters once you go below rank 500.
    My suggestion for characters as bugged as AoF is, ban them from PVP until they are fixed.
    Sick-6808

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    aside that there was enough heated discussion about some broken toons in the arena especially the aof. i saw him giving extra turns multiple times for no reason. that's a serious problem but i'm sure he will get a huge hit fairly soon. the more people use him the faster we will see some changes, but NF always takes too much time to fix issues. and when they finally fix some things they break others it's a never ending story

so long amarthir is right, they delivered everything they promised so far, but night city is missing. unfortunatly i don't see it on the horizon, too much mess has to be cleaned up first ...so all we have is the hope for new cool events and the unannounced game mode, whatever this might be...(they announced more eddies will be needed this leads me to the conclusion it won't be night city)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    My suggestion for characters as bugged as AoF is, ban them from PVP until they are fixed.
    I saw the heated discussion and chose to keep out of it. Anyone who's played for a while, and who is the least bit competitive in PvP knows most of the issues with various toons. If we're going to start banning toons from pvp, I think we should ban any that aren't guaranteed toons that everyone can get. That way it's a fair and level playing field. I did choose not to use thorn shields for a while, but that was because they were crashing the game and I felt it was a somewhat 'dick' move to use them. Bugs are bad, but the crashes are a bit over the top and I'm not going to be the guy who wins by crashing someone's phone. For those who used them, no ill feelings I just have my own personal code that I'm comfortable with.

I've suggested several times that NF could just change some of the skill descriptions and a lot of the bugs would be instantly gone. Until that time or until they get all the bugs fixed, we work with what we have and the issues we know exist. Pretty simple.

Sadly I think Slauki is right that Night City is still on a far off horizon that we will not see for some time.

OS
    iOS
    The reason for the „ban“ idea was just that I do not like too much random in the game. The AoF bug is purely based on that. It unpredictable if and when extra moves are granted. This is like throwing a dice. I would like this game to be much more like chess. The more clever one should win, not the more lucky one and of course not the one who spends most in the store. That’s why characters have to balanced and their moves have to be predictable.
    Just my opinion. Like to hear others on that too.
    Sick-6808

OS
    Android
    Think about it this way... Knowing what we all know about the bugs, the speed in which they get fixed, the quantity of them, and the push for events which tend to cause more bugs, Do we really want a new area? I would rather them stop the freaking events for about a month and spend it fixing the bugs. Unfortunately that does not seem to fit into the budget they have. Events generate cash flow (for now and I bet its not as much as it was 6 months ago).

I also just tripped over a new bug a few minutes ago which I am going to go post in the "unlooked at" "dont care about by mgmt" bug forum.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    The reason for the „ban“ idea was just that I do not like too much random in the game. The AoF bug is purely based on that. It unpredictable if and when extra moves are granted. This is like throwing a dice. I would like this game to be much more like chess. The more clever one should win, not the more lucky one and of course not the one who spends most in the store. That’s why characters have to balanced and their moves have to be predictable.
    Just my opinion. Like to hear others on that too.
    wouldn't be fair here, because it isn't really pvp. in fact it is PVE, and most of us are smarter than the AI so your approach would lead to 100% win ratios for many players which wouldn't be good at all. NF always try to balance the toons and create an interesting environment and i think they did an okay job recently. but the possible combos with some specific toons, the right talismans in addition with all the bugs can be really hard to handle and hard to balance with such limited personal resources...don't forget NF is a somewhat small company.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.