OS
    iOS

Tailgunner Eddie Second Chance ability is broken a bit....

So playing with Tailgunner Eddie for the first time since the last update...

When Tailgunner Eddie's Second Chance ability resets and fires again the results seem unexpected...

A) if the target is dead.. Eddie still fires on the same target location (to an empty slot) doing, well, nothing. --- I can accept this may be as intended... it's not a second attack, it's a second "chance" at killing. Seems he should switch targets though, but I would not argue against rationale as to why he doesn't.

B) If the target is NOT dead already.... the second barrage does nothing... I mean nothing.. no damage, no battle messages, nothing, just the Eddie animation.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    So playing with Tailgunner Eddie for the first time since the last update...

When Tailgunner Eddie's Second Chance ability resets and fires again the results seem unexpected...

A) if the target is dead.. Eddie still fires on the same target location (to an empty slot) doing, well, nothing. --- I can accept this may be as intended... it's not a second attack, it's a second "chance" at killing. Seems he should switch targets though, but I would not argue against rationale as to why he doesn't.

B) If the target is NOT dead already.... the second barrage does nothing... I mean nothing.. no damage, no battle messages, nothing, just the Eddie animation.
    I've been playing with Tailgunner almost all the time since the update and what I know about Second Chance is that it does a ton of damage and if the first shot kills someone, the second shot will hit someone else. The thing is, if the second shot procs, the damage happens before the second shooting animation happens.

Really though, have mine one shard away from being fully sharded and when you give him Echo and Hunter talismans, he hits like a monster. Pair him with the blue Undead Rescuer and someone who has a passive to raise attack (Allied General, The Wickerman, The Nomad) he one shots literally everybody.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    The thing is, if the second shot procs, the damage happens before the second shooting animation happens.

I disagree.. there's clearly the first animation and damage, then a pause, then a second animation (with no damage). Note that the second attack is not a guarantee.. so the damage can't be dealt before it's triggered. It's not 2 shots.. it's 2 attacks each with multiple shots. And it clearly appears broken after the update. It used to deal damage both attacks.. now it only deals damage the first attack.. and if it kill... it shoots at thin air for the second attack.

I don't know what all the damage and talisman text in your post amounts to.. it has little or nothing to do with this bug. I've had echo on him long before the update and the average damage is about the same as it always has been. I had him at full strength before the update. The only great difference is now those two underpowered abilities have some kick to them.
    Last edited by Yup; 12-23-2017 at 06:22 AM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I disagree.. there's clearly the first animation and damage, then a pause, then a second animation (with no damage). Note that the second attack is not a guarantee.. so the damage can't be dealt before it's triggered. It's not 2 shots.. it's 2 attacks each with multiple shots. And it clearly appears broken after the update. It used to deal damage both attacks.. now it only deals damage the first attack.. and if it kill... it shoots at thin air for the second attack.
    What I meant is that I know that the skill has a chance to reset, what I see is that, for example, I use it in Kingdom of the Sands, I've seen it destroy two enemies before the second shooting animation goes off. So it is sort of functioning right as far as I know, because he gets 2 buffs like he should when the move resets.

What should happen is that you use the move, the first animation goes off and if it resets, the second animation SHOULD go off correctly and then the next damage number shows up. The problem that I've seen, is getting the reset and having the two damage numbers go off at the same time, there's a pause, and then the second animation plays off. If the first shot kills the target, the reset shot will move to a different opponent, but it looks like he's shooting at the empty area.

Let's just agree that the move is visually broken lol.
    (About the second part of my last response, I tend to veer off topic once I get talking)
    Last edited by Amarthir; 12-23-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, it's just not right

Sometimes he hits 2 targets with the first shot.. sometimes he doesn't. That seems to have little bearing on the reset as I see it. He can hit 2 targets and then not have the second animation.....

Basically the ability is broken in some way
    CLANLESS