Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Doubts on what to shard next... (Corrupt General, The Witch Doctor, GPDog)

Just correcting the title... "Doubts on who to shard next..."

Hi all!!!

Title says it all, I have some shard saved (8), and I am thinking about sharding one of these 3 chars...

Corrupt General (I know he needs 13, but 8 will hopefully make him already useful on arena).
    Golden Pharaoh Dog (Used him on both defense and offense, and I really have doubts on spending shards on him, + healing is nice I know, but he is in the party for his passive most of the time).
    The Witch Doctor (Well I love this guy... I believe he can effectively do some decent single target dmg, and his passive is usefull against General and Astra).

But I like then all and I do want to shard the best one for arena battle atm.

I use Pharaoh and Viking as my Eddies of choice (don't have, and probably wouldn't use VHE).

Maxed chars so far are:
    Pharaoh
    Viking
    The Alchemist
    Clair
    Wrath
    Eda
    GCR
    WUR

PS: Just recently I pulled Desert Marauder but for him to be effective I think I would need to lvl/shard/talis a couple of other toons, and probably wait for AHE or VHE.

Thanks in adv!

Cheers! Ed!
    Last edited by Sponholz; 12-31-2017 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Title correction.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    Witch doctor I can't really comment on, as I don't have him. I don't ever see him in arena though. CG is very rare as most teams have gunner Valkyrie for immunity. And, Gpd is useful without shards, with them he still doesn't hit hard.

Unless you've got some other decent candidates, my recommendation would be hold on to your skill shards for now.

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the reply Askora. (you are one of the top arena players here imo, so your opinion is really appreciated).

I will hold then for now.

In my humble opinion, I think that CG is the best of then, and I still think he would have some use even with the Sea-Of-Edas I was seeing last week, and most defenses with her and Astra went for a grind game, since my team is not the most explosive one. Leading to some games where the Normal Immunity on hit from Eda is most of the time removed by Clair.

And in most of the AoF fights, *if I don't go first and survive the 1st turn* the stun from CG would be a nice thing to have.

But so far I am having a fair bit of success against those teams with The Alchemist (his 2-for-1 power move is awesome on those fights). GPD was helping also, but usually someone dies anyway, even worst, with the last member of the defending team attacking, leading to another full team attack, making my team getting wiped from the face of the earth on the first turn.

Fast fights tho... lol

Edit: Remembered a couple of other usefull chars I could level/shard:
    Magus Child of the Damned (Honestly don't know if he is worth it, he appears to be the weakest of the CotD).
    Magus & Gunner Undead Rescuer (Magus is awesome for farming AFAIK).

Cheers. Ed!
    Last edited by Sponholz; 12-31-2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Other chars added

OS
    Android
    Thanks, don't know that I'm a top player as I usually don't push very hard in PvP. I do have a year of playing though, so that helps.

OS
    Android
    And what about Desert Marauder? I currently don't have the others chars needed to setup a good D with him, but I suppose he can be a solid addition to my offensive team, the more I play with, the more I tend to be moved away from using Wrath, I like him, he is a beast, but in a LOT of fights I wish I had a solid single target damager, and those spots belong to Nomad and Desert Marauder, or am I missing someone else here?

Feel free to take a look at my host and suggest some other char, if any.

Usually my team consists of Pharaoh, Eda, Clair and "X".

Cheers! Ed!
    Last edited by Sponholz; 01-03-2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Added team pref.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponholz View Post

Assassin Harpy
    Assassin Child of the Damned
    Alliance General
    Lady Azov
    Sentinel Myan Priestess
    Magus Corrupt Rescuer
    Alchemist
    Witch Doctor
    Magus Undead Rescuer

All can be single target hard hitters, some a bit better than others... but they need skill shards.

The Assassin Harpy, Witch Doctor, and Magus Undead Rescuer are probably the hardest hitting in that list doing 5 digit damage easily.

And for me, I prefer an Eddie with both multi and single target abilities.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Assassin Harpy
    Assassin Child of the Damned
    Alliance General
    Lady Azov
    Sentinel Myan Priestess
    Magus Corrupt Rescuer
    Alchemist
    Witch Doctor
    Magus Undead Rescuer

All can be single target hard hitters... but they need skill shards.

From that list I have:
    Lady Azov
    Magus Corrupt Rescuer
    Alchemist (already fully sharded)
    Witch Doctor
    Magus Undead Rescuer

Looking further, the reason why I asked about desert marauder was mainly because of Alliance General, Desert Marauder usually hits him really hard, since he starts with at least 2 self buffs, commonly seen with 4 buffs (2-self, strike talis and shield from Val).

Lady Azov can hit hard I also think, while having a small chance to remove buffs.
    MCR fills that spot also, with a big chance to steal all buffs on a basic attack.
    Alchemist I'm a fan, but the does nothing against buff stealers.
    Witch Doctor is shutdown by Eda, almost sharded him, took him for a series of battles and wasn't sure if the shards would be well spent for now, he will be for sure one day, I like this char design to much to pass on him.
    MUR again, the most attractive things about him are the passive, which is again negated most of the time from Eda and Prisioner (dont have extra immunitys so far for him).

Taking the Sea-of-Edas that are on the defense team these days, I was thinking about DM cause he could be the better option to abuse enemy buffs, since stealing and removing gets a little difficult with PI involved.

Please take note, that I am therocrafting a lot here, so if something I am saying is mistaken, please feel free to criticize.

PS: I just love Pharaoh (and Viking) so I want to build a good attacking team with him, and he fights well VHE teams imo.

Cheers! Ed!
    Last edited by Sponholz; 01-03-2018 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Ps added

OS
    Android
    i opt for GPD. he hits like a wet noodle, but his passive and his heal are awesome. if you use him on offense and defense this would be a no brainer for me. sure he does his job even without shards but shards will give you some extra % for winning in tough spots since healing is crucial sometimes.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Easily Golden Pharaoh Dog. It's incredibly useful in the Brave New World gardens.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    FYi Aces and DM.. even with Nomad.. will kill most teams... IF they get first strike... but they will lose almost all battles when they DON'T get first strike.

I had a defensive team with Aces, AoF, DM, and Nomad all full power and full talismans.. first strike was a one-turn wonder, killed all efficiently.... but lost almost every time if they failed to get first strike.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..