Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponholz View Post
    I would gladly welcome a AD system that could be disabled for a low subscription fee, I think for a game that's freemium a 2,99$/month sounds fair, so this way you could still collaborate on a per/month basis and for the people who don't mind ads just click on then.
    don't like that, because they will look like greedy bastids if they implement this.

in plants versus zombis for example you can choose to watch an ad an get some gold or some diamonds in exchange. so everyone can choose to watch it or not to watch it. i like the freedom of choice there. that would be the way to go imo. so you can generate some revenue without pissing people off. it would be a more decent way than the pay 2.99 per month option. i would hate that since i don't wanna get tricked into spending money in order to prevent watching ads.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Agreed, I think that having the choice to watch ads and get SoT, gold, ironite etc, would be perfect.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    don't like that, because they will look like greedy bastids if they implement this.
    I got you. And taking your point of view into consideration, I agree. That's why I like better my final thoughts with just an optional subscription with no ads involved in the first place, just non-pay-to-win incentives to be a subscriber.

But if an Ad system is supposed to be implemented, implement it as a non intrusive button, with a Play Arrow Icon on it and that's it, if there is one thing that bugs me and a lot of other people regarding ads, is then appearing as pop-ups shoved on our faces. (honestly the most common type of ads, besides the bottom bar ones, which I also find annoying as hell).

Edit #1: And before anyone jump to any conclusion about the subscription fee, please look on how a lot of once-payed games went this way with a optional subscription that was implemented to give some cosmetic stuff and other non game affecting bonuses, have achieved great success in attracting even more people to play those games. Elders Scroll Online comes to mind right now.

Edit #2: Just remembered another thing regarding adds, the companies which uses an ad tool. in most cases, don't have any control regarding the type of ads you see, NF would probably use an ad service that already exists, so the responsibility of what is showing on the ads is not on NF's end. the revenue comes from clicking the ads, and not selling then to bands or any other interested, I think NF would probably use an existing ad service and not implement a "Want your add here? Call us at 666-IRON" in-house ad-system. Something like AdMob from Google is more likely the approach NF would use IMO.

There is a really good app that I use to all things related to Reddit, it has Ads and a IAP to become a pro user, a LOT of users reported offensive adds and collection of unauthorized data that were coming from the app, but the thing is, it was the ad-api that was requesting such data, nothing in the code of the app itself was the culprit.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 01-12-2018 at 08:34 PM.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post

in plants versus zombis for example you can choose to watch an ad an get some gold or some diamonds in exchange. so everyone can choose to watch it or not to watch it. i like the freedom of choice there. that would be the way to go imo. so you can generate some revenue without pissing people off. it would be a more decent way than the pay 2.99 per month option. i would hate that since i don't wanna get tricked into spending money in order to prevent watching ads.
    I like the way Plants vs Zombies handles adds as well. That would get my vote.

Senior Member TheAlbatross-1864's Avatar
    OS
    iOS

If adding ads means that updates come out faster then I'm for it. But I would prefer maybe 1 startup ad and then the choice to watch a video for sands refills or something. I will not tolerate an AD hijacking my screen after every other battle, I hate that to no ends.
    Champion: Crusader (Coalgiver during PVP events)
    Max lvl/shard/talisman Eddies: Shaman, Alexander, Coalgiver, Clansman, Trooper, Navigator, Cyborg, Aces High, Piece of Mind, Pharaoh, Visions, Viking, Seventh Son, Mystic, Edward, Crusader, Iron, Beast