Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    Android
    Honestly I don't see how it would change how I play the game. I know that the chances are very low, but seeing exactly how low they are wouldn't make your chance of getting someone any better than they already are. I'm not saying I don't support the idea, but I wouldn't care either way.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    I think everyone should know the odds - it's fair and transparent. Customers cant ask for more than that and businesses should respect their customers. Whether players change how or what they buy due to this knowledge we shall see. But the bottom line for me is people need to know what they are spending time or money on and then make an informed choice.

7th Son Ed is a case in point. Out of my 50 troopers - three have him and I don't know how they got him or what they had to buy or sac to get him - but only three have him in my roster or who have put him up as champ at least. SO far I have not 'spent' anything on trying to get him other than sacrifice of dupes. I may well stay like that as I usually have no luck on event odds and I know this as fact - but I may just be lucky this time. Or I could spend the 1800 ironite on refills for something where I know I get something of use and may even get, for example, good talisman from BNW or upgrade material from LOL etc etc.

I guess we all make these sorts of choices, I just think we need to know the odds on things like this - even knowing odds on talisman drops would be good, not just that the chance is 6 times more than normal etc - we actually need to know. I think and hope this will all turn out for the best. I want all parties to benefit from this and maybe it does change how NF make their money - they need to make money and that is 100% fair and correct to me.

As others have said elsewhere the game is all about balance - the game needs new player and also to retain players - you do that in lots of different ways but as soon as folk get frustrated that can take their business elsewhere - with this game the Iron Maiden name and things like events and characters keeps us here I am sure and NF will know that. But some are getting annoyed with various things and this is traded off with time and money spent I think so I can see why some leave, go casual etc. All logical to me.

I like the move to frontier toons - that to me is a great way forward for all and I do hope that NF add more characters to this list - this makes me play because I know eventually I will get what I want and if this spread to other Eddies it would I think work for all as we would keep playing? I know I would. Bu then I tend to suck on luck side so I really know I lose on ironite buys for souls - this time I am trying my best not to do it, knowing I wont get it. I just need to resist spending my ironite and use it in BNW or elsewhere where I know I get an outcome that will add to my inventory.

Keep strong people - in the end it is a game, I need to remind myself of that when I curse at no red eyes and the like!

Cheers
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Honestly I don't see how it would change how I play the game. I know that the chances are very low, but seeing exactly how low they are wouldn't make your chance of getting someone any better than they already are. I'm not saying I don't support the idea, but I wouldn't care either way.
    What if normally there's a 0.01% chance to pull a special character... but during an event there's a 0.5% chance to pull the same character.. that wouldn't change your play during the event?
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..