Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I guess I'm just not that bothered if someone copies my defense. I mean it's only going to do them so much good. And really... I don't care to "rush to eternal" anyway. As long as I make my 1200 iron coins and finish above Duelist III for the fragments at the end of the week... I'm good.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I guess I'm just not that bothered if someone copies my defense. I mean it's only going to do them so much good. And really... I don't care to "rush to eternal" anyway. As long as I make my 1200 iron coins and finish above Duelist III for the fragments at the end of the week... I'm good.
    same here and i spend too many time on the game only to be top 50 or 25
    I will never use the time to be top 3
    And with my characters never for sure
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Besides everything that Slauki said and that I said before, have the right chars don't make you have a good defense, only if you copy a hard thinking defense from someone with that same chars.

If you don't mind to copy someone defense you just need to have that chars in use, but if you want to build yours (or if you don't have the right chars to copy a defense) and have a good % you need to think hard, just saying.

OS
    iOS
    And all I'm saying is everyone has access to the same characters and the same talismans. It's not as if you have that "special" version of an Immorality talisman that offers an extra +100 attack. It's all merely LUCK as to how the AI plays your team at a certain point.

Y'all act like Olympic Athletes that have been training for years... it's not some sort of skill contest.. it's a slot machine, with specific ways to improve your odds... not strategies to win anything. 99.9% of any sort of strategy is only in attacking, not the defense. When attacking you chose who hits who first, what ability is used next, etc. On defense, the AI rolls the dice.. the only aspect of strategy there is what is the AI offered as choices.

The only real defense strategy is to create a team people are afraid of so you don't get attacked.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-24-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by HomemLivre View Post
    Of course that if you want to build a good defense you need to think a LOT, its not simple as have the right chars.
    But as Slauki said, if you do this people will copy you, and will copy HARD!

I remmember the day that I build the two sentinel hapies defense a long time ago and after I said the % in the forum the number of clone defenses of mine increased a lot, and even with a dude (a little hated here in the forum) bragging that "his" defense (a total copy of chars and talisman of mine) was awesome just trying to make Jofer says his %.

So, I can't add much more than Slauki already said.
    that was a legendary defense buddy glad i had my red nobl as attacker back then. if they silence you in the wrong moment you are done, and they hit damn hard even without class advantage.

And all I'm saying is everyone has access to the same characters and the same talismans. It's not as if you have that "special" version of an Immorality talisman that offers an extra +100 attack. It's all merely LUCK as to how the AI plays your team at a certain point.

Y'all act like Olympic Athletes that have been training for years... it's not some sort of skill contest.. it's a slot machine, with specific ways to improve your odds... not strategies to win anything. 99.9% of any sort of strategy is only in attacking, not the defense. When attacking you chose who hits who first, what ability is used next, etc. On defense, the AI rolls the dice.. the only aspect of strategy there is what is the AI offered as choices.

The only real defense strategy is to create a team people are afraid of so you don't get attacked.
    i partly disgree, let'S take nicko, kamuz and homem as example. all of them came up with new combos several times. nicko with his legendary two wraths and many more. kamuz is also a defense master in different variations, these guys spend a lot of times testing and they are always ahead of the masses. so it's more than only have char xyz, you have to have an idea on how to use them too.

but yeah they will be copied in a few days, so this game doesn't benefit you for being a defense mastermind for sure. and yeah the individual fight is like a slot machine every time, but you can improve your average winning% overall and that matters. so it's not random by definition since you have influence on it.
    Last edited by slauki; 01-24-2018 at 07:16 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android

Don't get me wrong, dude, but build a defense is way more than you said. Just for fun, try to spend some dozens of hours building different defenses and see how they work, its something that makes the arena fun.
    Your saying that we act like Olympic Athletes? hahaha, wth! Arena is a contest and have a good defense is part of this contest. Im totally out of the arena due to have no time to play and becouse Im the only one that have a phone unable to run the game so Im really out of your saying...

About have access to chars, your right and wrong about it. I have no Assassin Valk nor Nomad, so I build a team without any of them, many top players did not have nice chars for Arena, including Gmac and Caliza that never gets a Prisoner for exemple and many other that have no VHE. Access we all have, luck in other way...

So relax dude, Im just saying what happened to me a time ago and still happening with other players, and if you still thinking that some defense teams simply works becouse of the chars or whatever and a roll of the dice, ok, we all have our opinion.
    Last edited by HomemLivre; 01-24-2018 at 07:13 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    that was a legendary defense buddy glad i had my red nobl as attacker back then. if they silence you in the wrong moment you are done, and they hit damn hard even without class advantage.
    Just like that recently 3 Echo of yours! hahahahah

I had luck when I faced you but not be able to play and be in lower ranks makes me not face awesome teams like yours (but some lower rank teams are awesome to and very creative!). Need to invest some more time to face harder teams and try dif attack combinations

OS
    Android
    Anything above 20% is good, WHEN you are in the top 25.
    What I usually do when I build a good defense is make sure I can beat it most of the time before I put it out in the open and other players start copying it. When I was once Eternal, I had 851 attacks on me and 236 holds, that took my defense to 28%. It is very hard to judge % from less than 200-300 attacks per week and lately no one goes that far. Good old times most of the top players had minimum 500-600 attacks on them and you can do the math how many times they attacked. For example, when I was attacked 851 times, I've attacked other players almost 1200 times.
    And I still strongly disagree with the devs when they started showing what characters were used from your attacker on the defense page, this wiped off the little fun we had playing PVP and I think this is the reason for the slow PVP and absent players "taking brake".
    So, back to your question. There never gonna be "best" defense team, just better attack tactics. As slauki showed in one of his posts: 99% offense, that is what you need
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i partly disgree, let'S take nicko, kamuz and homem as example. all of them came up with new combos several times. nicko with his legendary two wraths and many more. kamuz is also a defense master in different variations, these guys spend a lot of times testing and they are always ahead of the masses. so it's more than only have char xyz, you have to have an idea on how to use them too.

but yeah they will be copied in a few days, so this game doesn't benefit you for being a defense mastermind for sure. and yeah the individual fight is like a slot machine every time, but you can improve your average winning% overall and that matters. so it's not random by definition since you have influence on it.
    Exactly what happen and why I said that I could not complement you more hahaha! You already said everything about this topic in your replys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    And I still strongly disagree with the devs when they started showing what characters were used from your attacker on the defense page, this wiped off the little fun we had playing PVP and I think this is the reason for the slow PVP and absent players "taking brake".
    So, back to your question. There never gonna be "best" defense team, just better attack tactics. As slauki showed in one of his posts: 99% offense, that is what you need
    Yep, thats another thing that makes top players step back and take it easy. I still don't understand why show attacker teams makes you build a good defense. I never needed to know that to build a defense.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    NF did many questionable decisions, but this one was one of the worst PVP related decisions so far. you are prolly right about that being a reason for some guys to step down. i know that one legend steped back because of this. now the game doesn't reward you for good ideas on defense and not for good ideas on offense, since you spend hours and hours on creating a cool offense strategy and it can be stolen in seconds. and i cannot see how this will help the def. it would be really necessary to remove this stupid feature at least once you are in the top 100.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.