Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

These colours DO run - going casual

Sorry Troopers but I really need to take a few steps back and go casual for a while with the game. I am actually working away from home from Tuesday till the weekend and can't play anyway so it seems a good time to do this.

Some of you may recall that I posted a couple of weeks ago that I felt disillusioned and, unfortunately, that hasn't changed. If anything it has got worse. Time needed to play the game is just too much for me right now. We keep asking about a way to play Troopers quicker and all we get is "we are looking into it". Not sure I believe that tbh. Look at the recent Arena event. How on earth anyone had time to get to 1000 wins is beyond me but some did and I take my hat off to you for that. Personally I could only manage to get to 150. Just seems like this is a 2nd job at times. If I felt I was getting rewarded for that then no problem but this brings me to my biggest gripe right now - RNG!!

Some of you will tell me to not be silly and not get upset about RNG but I don't care what anyone says as you won't convince me but something is "off" with the RNG. Whenever we have a new Eddie event it always strikes me as odd that the "haves" always seem to get the new guy really quick while us "have nots" scramble around for months. Added to that is we have guys admitting that they spent $2000 trying to get a character and not getting it (and I thank you for being honest and transparent about that), a player saying he has pulled around 10 Mystic and another pulling 5 VHE while some of us have none of them and have lost hope of getting them. I am not getting at those players either but just using them to try to illustrate a point. I have never pulled a new Eddie from any of the events which is really frustrating. The ones I did get were from the best event we have ever had which was the fragment event that guaranteed some of them. Just seems that RNG is favouring the "haves" and the newer players judging by the number of premium toons I saw flying around on really low level players last week in the Arena. Nodding Frog have also gone very quiet on the releasing of the odds which quite frankly makes me distrust them a hell of a lot. I certainly am not going to hand over money to someone I don't trust. Don't get me wrong we know the odds are shit but the fact they have gone very quiet about Apple's new rule is a bit off to me. RNG has just got too frustrating for me and when I pulled a Golden Son from the Magus Legendary in the Arena event it was the straw that broke the camels back (and I know a few of us pulled that toon as well).

The downside to this for me is that I am going to lose a lot of fantastic Troopers. I will still play the game but I am not going to be a Daily player for the foreseeable future so I fully understand that I will get dropped for players who can deliver badges daily.

Thanks for all the help Troopers and I will still see some of you around and give badges when I can.
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    thanks for being such a great trooper and a very reliable and constructive forum member.
    nothing more to add to your post, i fully understand you. and i also distrust NF now, since more than a month has passed since they should reveal the odds. a really dirty move, not to do it. anyway wish you all the best, will still keep you for a while. let's hope the best for the future

cheers,

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Totally agree in everything you say Andy and understand your decision. I’ve been playing this mostly for troopers for a long time now and this was only possible, cause I have a partly office job, running them on auto play. Like you said, it’s also a mystery to me, how others handle this. With events and other grinding this game has become much too time consuming for a long time and NF is doing NOTHING about it!! RNG was the the other reason that made me almost quit the game some time ago. Was a little lucky at last so got a little more motivated, but totally understand your pov. Experienced that with many main chars like VHE, Nomad, Prisoner, Tailgunner, etc. and still miss some others. Many times it has been said that this has to be adjusted, but again, NF is doing NOTHING about it! Slowly loose all hope, that something will ever change about these issues (and other annoying things about this game)!

Anyway, enjoy your time away from the game man! Ofc will keep you and daily badges will arrive as usual. See you \m/
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    Hey Andy, not a trooper, but sad to see another long time player going casual. Hope your troopers stick it out with you and new content arrives soon to bring you back. Most notably the quick trooper feature. Enjoy your extra time.

Cheers,
    Askora

OS
    iOS
    .. kind of see it. The overall futility of it all is starting to dawn on me as well.... I know they are working on more game modes but really just doing the same thing over and over and over to kill time is so unproductive. There are million other things that can kill time and leave me with actual results.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I feel about the same way on some days, usually after an arena event is over I suffer from massive burnout that lasts for a while, I only play around half my troopers on those days till I recover and go back to all of them. My one resolve to play everybody is just getting more gold and ironite so that when the new content gets here I'll be in good standing with everyone else.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Thanks for being a great trooper Andy. I'll keep you on with a few of the other casual forum guys that I'm trying to keep until they get this trooper grind fixed. I completely understand your frustration. I've pulled that Golden Son from legendaries several times now myself. I dropped 135 of those Maker Souls and never saw anything but duplicates and yeah, that is complete bullshit. I haven't been able to get any of the new 5 stars since Mystic Eddie so I've been feeling pretty burnt as well. I agree with you also that something is extremely flawed with the RNG, It is too streaky. Even when sacrificing characters from regular souls, if you drop 10 in the pit and get a rare soul, you will most likely get a rare soul 7 out of the next 10 drops, same with the ironite and Sands of War/Time, if you drop 10 and get an item you want, you may as well drop 4 or 5 hundred and cash in. This indicates to me that it is more rigged than random. Many have reported that once they get a rare character, they see the same character over and over again. I can confirm this as well. On my account, It takes me forever to get a 5 star and once I have it, I pull it repeatedly. I really could care less about the odds myself but my theory is that they haven't been released because they constantly change. I finally got a Vampire Hunter a couple months ago after I noticed a post from another player stating they had just pulled him. I immediately went and dropped 56 souls in the pit and there he was. That is too streaky to be truly random. I usually don't have a lot of extra time to post in the forum but thought I would share some of my thoughts here while I did. Enjoy your time and hope to see you around here again.
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    Android
    You can add me if you want. Half of my troopers are either bot accounts or people that haven't logged on in months, so I'd gladly take anybody somewhat active. I understand the pain of the trooper grind.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    Andy,
    Thanks for being one of my original Troopers. "Going casual" for us long timers is the best option until something can be done to address Trooper play, which doesn't seem to bother NF at all.

I can agree with you 100% on RNG. I had the same luck up until late November, early December. I did not manage to pull 7th during both events even after dropping (full disclosure) $200 on ironite for souls. I also pulled a Golden Son from my only Magus Legendary. Now it seems like I'm back to crappy "luck" pulling mostly 3* chars. I know that I will be on the outside looking in for this up coming "gauntlet" game mode just like PVP.

As for the odds, I also agree that something seems really dishonest about them if NF has gone dark about disclosing them. It does seem that they are trying really hard to find the loopholes so they can avoid posting them.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Oh, I just saw thus Thread and I am sorry, to See you going casual. I do understand your points. I keep wondering how some poeple Play their Daily Troopers plus go for 1000 Arena battles. Thats an amount of Time, I can't invest.

Anyhow you've been a great and reliable trooper over all this time. Will definitely keep you on to see whether you will feel the urge to come back;-)
    Inishmore-8627