Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Our strategy in this area is something that has evolved to help mitigate this precise situation:

• We'll have different kinds of event souls that can highlight certain characters (such as the 666 Soul from earlier this year)
    • We'll be continuing to add new kinds of souls (such as the Heroic Souls that'll be earnable through the Gauntlet [details still pending])
    • We'll be including more events with class-based souls (such as the Colosseum of Magi from earlier this year)
    • We'll be including a portion of our new characters in ways that aren't strictly random chance from souls (such as missions for the Eddie The Bird characters, or the two alternate ways we introduced to earn the Liliths).

In this way, the normal souls will still have value for getting a wide variety of characters for both new and long term players, while also giving all players other means to expand their roster which don't rely on that expanding pool.
    None of these sound like they’ll really help much for going after older characters like AG or ACotD. Have you guys considered splitting souls into “seasons” or something. Eventually as you add more and more characters it’s going to get ridiculous trying to pull any specific one. It already is. If you had a “season 1” for older characters and “season 2” for newer ones it might help. Another year of adding characters into the current system and it’s going to be a joke. You’ll end up with 200-300 possible options just from rare souls.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebhild View Post
    Maybe some should remember how often it happened, that you pulled 3 or more 4* duplicates in a row. Calculate with the correct odds (not those *-odds) how likely this is, look in the forums how often this was happening
    That's the reason I don't believe what they are claiming. Either they changed it now or there is some really weird stuff in the code they don't know about or they are not telling the truth or the coincidence is simply out of this world.

But the chances to pull the dupes we read about here are so small if the chars are equally distributed that something really smells ...
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post

But the chances to pull the dupes we read about here are so small if the chars are equally distributed that something really smells ...
    Not really... throw 50 coins - 10 gold, 20 silver, and 30 copper..... towards a cup across the room at the same time in one toss..... you'll inevitably end up with some of each in the cup.. and then check how many are heads up and how many are heads down. You have the greatest odds of sinking the copper coins.... end up with a bunch that are both copper and heads up.... so dupes.

Being evenly distributed doesn't necessarily mean you have a lower chance of getting duplicates. If the odds are the same for two souls.. then you have an equal chance of getting different characters or the same character.

What should possibly be implemented is a cap on the AMOUNT of duplicates permitted in a drop. I'm okay with getting 2 or 3 of the same character, but when I get 7, 8, 10, 12.. that's when it's just ridiculous. I don't even need ONE Green Chopper, or Owl Cultist, or red dice...... let alone 10.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-28-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Not really... throw 50 coins - 10 gold, 20 silver, and 30 copper..... towards a cup across the room at the same time in one toss..... you'll inevitably end up with some of each in the cup.. and then check how many are heads up and how many are heads down. You have the greatest odds of sinking the copper coins.... end up with a bunch that are both copper and heads up.... so dupes.

Being evenly distributed doesn't necessarily mean you have a lower chance of getting duplicates. If the odds are the same for two souls.. then you have an equal chance of getting different characters or the same character.

What should possibly be implemented is a cap on the AMOUNT of duplicates permitted in a drop. I'm okay with getting 2 or 3 of the same character, but when I get 7, 8, 10, 12.. that's when it's just ridiculous. I don't even need ONE Green Chopper, or Owl Cultist, or red dice...... let alone 10.
    I know that - but I am also in the game since start and some of the odds are really really odd ... not impossible for sure - but (and I am only talking about 4* or higher) ...
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    I know that - but I am also in the game since start and some of the odds are really really odd ... not impossible for sure - but (and I am only talking about 4* or higher) ...
    if you ask me guys, i think the reason it took so long to reveal the odds is, that they had to change the way the chracters drop work itself...
    for now i will belive the statement, but it's very likely to me, that there did exist a "deny a complete roster" function, back in the days...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    i'm waiting for that since a long time and yes it is ridiculous
    In that event only same dupes again and again
    I play all troopers all days.

Banned
    I brought a friend to this game (hope he will forgive me someday).

He has between 25 and 30 4* and 5*

4 - 4* duplicates
    3 - 5* duplicates

Of cause this is possible, but do the math how likely this is.

NF is has additional code here.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebhild View Post
    I brought a friend to this game (hope he will forgive me someday).

He has between 25 and 30 4* and 5*

4 - 4* duplicates
    3 - 5* duplicates

Of cause this is possible, but do the math how likely this is.

NF is has additional code here.
    yes for sure at one moment (or day...) you have many chance to have one toon, it is tested
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Name:  Screenshot_20180427-000321.png
Views: 185
Size:  319.2 KB

I think that BattleCats handled percentages better, especially when you can farm golden tickets (something like rare souls) like crazy. I mean just look at it. Rare - 65% (3*), super rare - 30% (4*), uber super rare - 5% (5*). Of course I'd like to see that kind of percentage in book of souls (with decreased chance for 4* from 30% to like 20%), but probably the developers will not want to discuss the bigger chances of getting 4* or 5* toons.
    From the red sky of the east to the sunset in the west
    We have cheated death and he has cheated us

But that was just a dream and this is what it means
    We are sleeping and we'll dream for evermore

Rebuilding account form the scratch
    Mera-9796