Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weak Defense

OS
    iOS

Weak Defense

Maybe it's posted somewhere else but I just want to give a thanks to everyone running a weak defense this week for the event. I myself am doing the same and have seen several people that I normally compete against in my tiers that have dropped down to minimal defenses. Despite the issues some may have with each other and with NF, it is really great to see the community work together so that everyone can reach their goals.

Up the Irons!
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Maybe it's posted somewhere else but I just want to give a thanks to everyone running a weak defense this week for the event. I myself am doing the same and have seen several people that I normally compete against in my tiers that have dropped down to minimal defenses. Despite the issues some may have with each other and with NF, it is really great to see the community work together so that everyone can reach their goals.

Up the Irons!
    Very true ... I also put 4 clowns up ...

Thanks!
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Agreed - thanks to the weak defense club! (proud member of course)
    natasar-7294 – playing all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    Not sure if I'm considered a member but I did change my defense once again this week to shaman Eddie and 3 sacrificial hearts to make his fury even stronger. Surprisingly I didn't get a single defense win, go figure.
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    Android
    Got my weak defense up as well. Honestly, the first time I saw someone do that I thought they had made a mistake. It wasn't until the following event that I realized this was on purpose and the brilliance behind it. I started doing it, and during the event I tend to climb higher in the ranks, haha. I usually don't attempt to rank high...

OS
    Android
    Thanks to everyone helping out! I do the same whenever we have these arena events. It's especially helpful with the relics now.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    iOS
    I am always in two minds about doing this - I have done it before but was only ever seeing maybe 2 out of ten at most doing it on my lists abd after a few days I changed back to my regular defence. to be honest I like the challenge of PVP but I am getting owned a lot these days so for me to stay in top 100 (my target was top 250 but now trying to do top 100 where things are much tougher for me to get the wins) keeping the defence strong and getting around a 25%-30% defence is what I need to help stay closer to the top - especially on Saturday where I tend to do less fights.

I might give it a go again but just not enough of others doing it so far.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    It seems not as many people are running a weak defense this time, or I'm not seeing as many. I set mine low and have been grateful for the few others I've run into that have.
    I stay around 450-75 and scott-5496 is right, the top 100 are definitely tough. Fights are taking a while and when I see an easy defense I am truly grateful these days.

OS
    iOS
    I came here to ask about this myself. At first I thought it was just due to people not being aware of the defence set up or not caring about PVP. That is surely the case for some of them but as I see it so often and with high-ranked players, I realised that it was deliberate in many cases.

I have dropped my defence to be just my weakest Eddie. I don't care about rankings. I just want to collect and upgrade characters. I only have the energy to take one mobile game seriously and this isn't it (it's too buggy, for one thing, which makes for frustration if you care about it). So, if I can help anyone by lowering my defence, that's great.

I don't care about rankings. I just want iron coins and achieve my event targets so I have a weak defense up and I'm grateful for those who have one too. #teamweakD